The Moon Doesn't Look Like You

Muppetfan44

Reaction score
Hey Everyone!
I absolutely love fan-fiction, and I have spent most of my time here at Muppetcentral reading it. After reading so many great stories, I kind of want to try writing my own, just for fun! Now I will admit right now that i'm more of an academic writer than creative writer, but I will try my best to create a funny and romantic fan fiction for everyone to enjoy.

I have always had this vision in my head as to what Kermit and Piggy's first date actually was like, and how Kermit wanted to change it for the movie, and how Piggy reacts to that, so this is what this story is about. I will post a new chapter or update once a week, becaues this is all my schedule will allow, and i need time to compile all of the crazy thoughts about this story running around my head. I don't think the story will be too long, about 5-15 chapters i'm guessing. I will probably post more than once a week but I promise at least once a week.

Well, I think it's about time I tried the whole writing a fan fic thing so here it goes, the first installment of "The Moon Doesn't Look Like You" by Arianne

“You know, Miss Piggy, the moon doesn’t look like you” murmured Kermit

“mm-hmm” moaned Piggy as her and Kermit lean in closer and closer, their lips soon to collide with enough romantic energy to give Paris a run for its money. Piggy’s mind was racing as she was filled with so much excitement that she was about to burst! She was about to kiss her frog, in front of everyone, and she couldn’t be happier! Of course, she knew that this kiss couldn’t compare to the kiss they experienced the night of their actual first date, the night it really happened….

“Miss Piggy!” yelled Steve Martin, right on cue

Piggy awoke from her romantic haze, only slightly, to turn her head and murmur, “hmm?”

“And CUT!” yelled Jim Henson from the director’s chair. He quickly walked up to Kermit and Piggy. “Great job you two! I would have gone on with the rest of the scene with your script changes Kermit, but the tension in the room was so…intense that I thought if we went on with the scene, we would lose it”

“I’m sure you’re right, Jim”, said Kermit, starting to squirm in his chair as he looks over at Piggy and sees her quickly turning from “swooning sow” to “enraged boar!” She wouldn’t flip out in front of Jim, would she?

“And Piggy, you were absolutely perfect! I don’t know about Kermit, but if I were in his shoes,.. uh flippers, there would be no way that I could have not kissed you!”

Taking a deep mental breath so as not to shoot Jim the killer eyes she was shooting at Kermit, she turned to Jim with the sweet, warm eyes she was giving Kermit earlier. “Thank you Jimmy dear. Moi only wants to do the best for you, and believe me” she says as she shoots the look of death at Kermit, “Moi does not know how Kermit could have not kissed moi either” she says slyly as she gets up from the table, grabs a copy of the “updated script” from Jim’s hands, bypasses all of the hair and makeup people that wanted to touch her up for the next scene, heads out to her trailer and slams the door so loudly that half of the people in the studio ducked because they all thought Gonzo had shot out of his cannon again.

Checking to see if the coast was clear before he was going to stand up again, Jim looked at Kermit from under the table and said to him, “I guess Piggy didn’t know about the script changes, huh?”

“No. I uh.. neglected to mention them to her”, said Kermit as he got up from under the table he dived under after Piggy grabbed the script changes. He dusted off his clothes and headed toward Piggy’s trailer like he was headed for the electric chair. “This might take a while, Jim, and uh..can you have an ambulance ready, just in case?”

Jim chuckled. “I’m sure you will be fine Kermit. Just be honest…and use your hopping skills to dodge her, I’ve heard that she has an awful lot of heavy knick knacks in that trailer of hers”

“Gee, thanks”, said Kermit sarcastically as he headed out of the studio and towards certain death ,or at least, certain pain.

“Don’t worry about the next scene” shouted Jim “I think we can shoot the scene where the Electric Mayhem paints Fozzie’s uncle’s Studebaker while you’re gone, unless Animal drank all of the paint again and Zoot is still looking for Hare Krishna!” Jim consults his notebook as he goes to find the band, laughing out loud a little and knowing that Kermit and Piggy will be ready to film again in about an hour.

Meanwhile, as Jim walks out, he passes Steve Martin in his liederhosen attempting to make balloon animals for the crew; he already tried juggling oranges but the lighting guy sprained his ankle after slipping on the juice on the floor.

To be continued…

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
I almost squealed as Kermit and Piggy were about to share a romantic kiss! Until Steve cleverly interrupts their little on-the-set romance! X/ My heart fell when I realized it was a scene!

That teased me so! D:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
XD

Update soon!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi... This is a good start. As an avid fanfic supporter, and some would say far to avid reader and nagger, I certainly hope to be entertained by whatever else you may have in store.

Two little tips though... You might want to get your size of font chosen in a separate word processor where you write, and then copy and paste it here. There's a thread in Feedback section dealing with this, you just have to dig a little to find it.
Also, you might want to keep verb tense cohesion in the non-dialogue action-centric descriptions like when Jim walked off set or Steve was making balloon animals because the lighting guy slipped.

Other than that, I find this intereschting and await updates when you can post 'em.
*Hugs to Arianne, fellow fanfic lover.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
I second Ed's suggestions, but other than that...

<GLOMP!> I can't BEGIN to tell you how EXCITED I am to see you WRITING and it's an USHY-GUSHY fic and WHEEEEEE! HAPPY TOGA! Just seeing the TITLE made my day! And I am SOOO curious about your take on their first date! (...Okay, so I'm curious about just about ANY take on their first date... but STILL!)

And and AND! You have some fun diction stuff in here!

Muppetfan44 said:
“mm-hmm” moaned Piggy as her and Kermit lean in closer and closer, their lips soon to collide with enough romantic energy to give Paris a run for its money.
"... enough romantic energy to give Paris..." DOUBLE WOW! One wow for the amount of romantic energy, and one wow for that AWESOME description of it!

Arianne said:
Of course, she knew that this kiss couldn’t compare to the kiss they experienced the night of their actual first date, the night it really happened….
Now I'm CURIOUS! I wanna see THAT kiss, too! Or at least know more about it. And I love, L-O-V-E LOVE, that she doesn't think anything could compare to that kiss... Must've been one heck of a kiss! (Although, coming from the love of her life, I'm not surprised:smile:)

Muppet44fan said:
“I’m sure you’re right, Jim”, said Kermit, starting to squirm in his chair as he looks over at Piggy and sees her quickly turning from “swooning sow” to “enraged boar!” She wouldn’t flip out in front of Jim, would she?
Good question, Kermit. Would she? I LOVE the description of "swooning sow" to "enraged boar"! I can totally see it. And Kermit is very right to be squirming.

44 Muppet fans... all in one room! AH! said:
“And Piggy, you were absolutely perfect! I don’t know about Kermit, but if I were in his shoes,.. uh flippers, there would be no way that I could have not kissed you!”
HAAA! Oh, SMART Jim! I like that line.

Fan of 44 Muppets said:
Taking a deep mental breath so as not to shoot Jim the killer eyes she was shooting at Kermit, she turned to Jim with the sweet, warm eyes she was giving Kermit earlier.
Ooooh... LOVELY description. I love the compare/contrast thing between how she looks at Jim and how she looks at Kermit.

Muppet fan- and it shows! said:
she gets up from the table, grabs a copy of the “updated script” from Jim’s hands, bypasses all of the hair and makeup people that wanted to touch her up for the next scene, heads out to her trailer and slams the door so loudly that half of the people in the studio ducked because they all thought Gonzo had shot out of his cannon again.
One- I love the mention of hair and makeup people. Two- GONZO! Everyone ducked! Cannon! PERFECT! (That WAS an intelligible statement, wasn't it?)

Muppet4fan4 said:
Checking to see if the coast was clear before he was going to stand up again, Jim looked at Kermit from under the table and said to him, “I guess Piggy didn’t know about the script changes, huh?”
HA! FROG! UNDER TABLE! Oh, I can SO see that happening! <pats head> You have Kermit very much in character. Good.

4Muppet4fan said:
He dusted off his clothes and headed toward Piggy’s trailer like he was headed for the electric chair. “This might take a while, Jim, and uh..can you have an ambulance ready, just in case?”
<Snicker> I don't know how I missed that electric chair line the first time I read this, but it's awesome. And accurate. Ah, the poor fearful frog...

4Muppetfan4 said:
Jim chuckled. “I’m sure you will be fine Kermit. Just be honest…and use your hopping skills to dodge her, I’ve heard that she has an awful lot of heavy knick knacks in that trailer of hers”
Oh, I'm sure she does... <Giggles> Good advice there, too.

Are you familiar with the quote name tradition? said:
“Gee, thanks”, said Kermit sarcastically as he headed out of the studio and towards certain death ,or at least, certain pain.
<Hums death march> <giggles> I'm glad he's prepared for the worst. It will probably be to his advantage. Also... I love that he's immediately going to talk to her.

We play with the quotee name. It's fun! said:
“Don’t worry about the next scene” shouted Jim “I think we can shoot the scene where the Electric Mayhem paints Fozzie’s uncle’s Studebaker while you’re gone, unless Animal drank all of the paint again and Zoot is still looking for Hare Krishna!” Jim consults his notebook as he goes to find the band, laughing out loud a little and knowing that Kermit and Piggy will be ready to film again in about an hour.
I haven't said this in a while, but... THAT'S SO MUPPET! I LOVE that. Animal drinking paint! Zoot looking for Hare Krishna! I can TOTALLY see that happening. And... I LOVE Jim's faith in the frog and pig.

Welcome to Writing Muppet Fanfic! Prepare to be nagged! said:
Meanwhile, as Jim walks out, he passes Steve Martin in his liederhosen attempting to make balloon animals for the crew; he already tried juggling oranges but the lighting guy sprained his ankle after slipping on the juice on the floor.
That... is a LOVELY, comedic little way to end a chapter. Perfect.

MORE PLEASE! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Hey there Arianne! Glad to see you dabbling in some writing! This is a great beginning, I love it! I'm anxious to see what happens next!

Muppetfan44

Reaction score
Thanks for all the great feedback!

Thanks for all of the great feedback guys! I'm actually really starting to enjoy writing this. The office was so ridiculously slow today that I outlined the whole plot in my head and finally on paper and I cannot wait to fill in all of the details.

I have always been a huge fan of the frog and pig relationship and it's so much fun adding my own little touch to it! I can see why everyone writes fan-fics. If I get the rest of my apartment unpacked tonight and if my sister finishes hooking up the router so I can have internet there, I will post another chapter tonight. (the penguins playoff game is also tonight so i have to factor that in :zany: ) Otherwise, i'm sure I will post tomorrow!

As for all your other fan-fic writers with un-updated stories out there, post more soon, i still really love read them!

:excited:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Ooh... That reminds me. *Goes to Superpoke Arianne with hockey fan stick. Mmm, cold cooked octopus.
:zany: Go us! cue card, pointing at self.

Muppetfan44

Reaction score
Thanks

Thanks,Count

Go Pens!
Philly won't know what hit them!

:zany:

Muppetfan44

Reaction score
As Promised

As promised, here's the next installment. I tried to find that thread on changing the font and stuff, Count but I couldn't find it. Anyway, I changed the font and color in word so hopefully that will do the trick. Enjoy everyone!

Just be honest! Tell her the truth, she’ll understand. I’m sure she’ll understand…I think she will understand..whoo boy! (gulp)

Kermit is standing right outside of Piggy’s trailer, nearly ready to face the battle that is coming ahead, when Gonzo passes by, looking almost as miffed as Piggy was

“Hey Kermit, was that a cannon I heard a minute ago? If Crazy Harry stole my act of shooting bowling balls out of a cannon, I swear…”

“Gonzo!” interrupted Kermit, “it’s ok. It wasn’t a cannon you heard earlier, trust me.”

“Oh, ok. Well then what was it? Whatever made a boom like that, well, I would love to incorporate into a new act. It would be a smash hit, I know it!”, said Gonzo, getting more excited by the second.

“I don’t know about that, Gonzo. You would be the only thing that would be hit and smashed”, warned Kermit

“Really? Cool! Tell me what it was Kermit! Please?” begged Gonzo

Kermit pointed his finger to Piggy’s name on her trailer door, making another huge gulp, realizing he would have to go in there in a few seconds.

“Oh”, said Gonzo, “Maybe I should come up with something else, my insurance premium is getting a bit high. Well, I’ll see ya around Kermit, I get to shoot the scene with all the balloons today, right?”

“No Gonzo, that’s tomorrow” said Kermit

“Darn, well I have some balloons here, I think I’ll go find the helium tank and practice! See ya later!” said Gonzo

Before Kermit could open his mouth to advise against Gonzo’s practicing, Gonzo was gone like a flash, leaving Kermit alone at the door again.

“It’s now or never” Kermit said to himself, as he quietly knocked on Piggy’s door. “ Piggy, it’s Kermit. Now I know you’re angry but we need to talk about this and get on with shooting the movie. Can you please let me in?” I’m actually asking her to let me in there, oh boy!

“Vous can come in, the door is unlocked”, said Piggy dryly, sitting on her loveseat right across from the door, with a rather heavy jar of cold cream in her hand, ready to throw

Despite all of the bells, whistles, sirens, foghorns, and other loud alarms of danger going off in his head, he walked through the door. He saw the jar heading toward his face, and ducked just in time as the cold cream went through the door with the force of a rocket.

Piggy stood straight up and marched next to him as he tried to shut the door without turning around. “How could vous!” she cried. “How could vous make all of these changes to the scene. It’s supposed to show how our first date went. Vous KNOW that this is not how it happened.”, she screamed as she pointed to the new script. “And the kiss, VOUS TOOK OUT THE KISS! How could vous forget that kiss, let alone take it out of the scene. I cannot believe vous did this to moi, Kermit, and vous did it all WITHOUT EVEN ASKING ME!”

Kermit tried to interject, but couldn’t while he was dodging her attempts to chop him in half after each of her sentences. He clearly had enough. He waited until she stopped yelling, grabbed her arms with all the force he had, looked her straight in the eye and said, “Look Piggy! I’m sorry I made the changes without talking to you first, but how can I tell you why if you keep trying to attack me? Can you please just sit down so I can explain?”

She couldn’t believe it. He actually grabbed her. The grip of his arms was surprisingly strong (and felt kind of good!), and his voice was stern. She knew from the look of his eyes that he meant business. The expression on her face went from suicidal rage, with her wanting to throw him across the room, to actually being soft, attracted to him even more. She was so full of mixed emotions, she didn’t know what to do.

Kermit was watching her expressions very closely, wondering if he should turn and bolt, or keep trying to talk some sense in her. His instinct told him to just wait and keep looking her straight in the eye, which was no easy task. He could get lost in those big gorgeous eyes, and he often did. He hoped that she would never realize the power of her eyes on him, but he knew that she probably did.

Piggy took a deep breath, un-tensed her shoulders and said, “Okay, frog, but it better be good!” Kermit released her from his grip and she sashayed to the loveseat, sat down, and crossed one plump, saucy leg over the other. She waited to see what story he would cook up this time, ready to give him a good swat if necessary

Oh boy, Kermit said to himself as he pulled up a lacy pink footstool and took a seat right across from her, ready to make a run for if need be. She wasn’t making this easy, looking so much like the way she did that night, which is distracting enough by itself, let alone trying to gauge whether she was going to hit him or not. Just be honest, he heard Jim’s voice say in his head. He took a deep breath, and started to explain.

“Look, Jim and I had a meeting the other day and he told me that the movie was running way too long. So, we sat down and made cuts to some the scenes we have already shot and to the script here and there. We cut stuff from everyone. We cut Fozzie’s comedy sketch. Thank goodness, he thought to himself, if we didn’t, those bikers we hired would have killed him. We cut Gonzo’s opening scene with him and Camilla in the plumber truck, we cut the band’s opening number, and we cut my opening swamp scene, which he wasn’t happy about, but willing to make the sacrifice. We had to cut parts from everyone’s parts, not just yours, I promise”, he said sincerely, trying to soften those eyes of hers, even though they looked stunning when she was angry.

“But why cut THIS scene, Kermit? It is supposed to show what happened that night. Why would vous ever want to change what happened that night? There were parts of that night that were so wonderful, Kermit. Why would vous want to show people something different!”, Piggy said quietly, trying to hide the hurt she felt, but not doing a very good job.

“I wanted to make cuts to the fantasy sequence” especially the wedding part at the end, he thought to himself “but Jim liked the whole sequence so much he didn’t want to cut it”, said Kermit. “He told me that we had to cut our first date scene. I tried to cut as little as possible and still keep the intensity of the scene. But if I remember correctly, there were definitely parts of that evening that weren’t great at all, like when you were kidnapped by Doc Hopper and when you left me at the end of it!”, Kermit said crossly.

Uh-oh, he thought. He saw her expression getting harder, and he wondered whether he should just duck or take the full force of the hit.

“Vous KNOW that moi did not just up and leave like that”, she said, trying to resist the urge to deck him as she got up and walked away from him. “I did save your life after all! AND, you conveniently left stuff out of our date that you did that wasn’t so great!” she said with not-so-subtle sarcasm.

“What are you talking about?”, said Kermit, getting a little steamed himself.

“Oh, vous remembers”, Piggy said, “But let’s look at that whole evening. Maybe if we look back and remember everything that happened that night, you’ll see how amazing of a night that was and realize that some of these changes of yours are ridiculous and downright wrong!”

He knew how amazing that night was, he just couldn’t find the words to tell her that and couldn’t find the words to tell Jim that either when they were making the cuts. Kermit had a feeling that Jim knew though, especially when Jim made suggestions on things to cut. Kermit hoped that he would find a way to tell her what it meant to him, but in the meantime, he looked at Piggy and realized that they both were forming the same picture in their heads. It wasn’t that long ago, after all, and it made such an impact on how they acted toward one another that their first date was very difficult to forget…

To be continued…