1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

The Moopets

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by miss kermie, Aug 28, 2012.

1. miss kermie

miss kermie Well-Known Member

So, me and my friends were having a debate on whether The Moopets are going to have more roles in things or not.

What do you think will happen to them?
  2. CaseytheMuppet

CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

I think they were used as one shot Muppets. Do we really need them anymore? The new movie is (most-likely) going to be a totally different story, so they really wouldn't have a point. I could be totally wrong, though. :o
    Pinkflower7783 and Mo Frackle like this.
  3. miss kermie

Miss Poogy and Kermoot need love.
    IMO.
    Beauregard likes this.
  4. CaseytheMuppet

CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

Yes, yes they do. :laugh: I was thinking they (might) appear, telling what happened after The Muppets.
  5. miss kermie

Kermoot would be all like, "Hey girl, whats your name is?"
    And Poogy's all, "I'll stab you"
    CaseytheMuppet likes this.
  6. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

Er... I'm inclined to agree with Matt Vogel (at least I think it was Matt) in saying that Miss Poogy's gender is up in the air.

Roowlf's version of "You and I and George" would probably have a darker ending for George. How would it end for You? I don't think I should go there.

I wonder what a Pepe Moopet would be like. Probably wouldn't speak any english.
    CaseytheMuppet likes this.
  7. Mo Frackle

The Fozzie Moopet would probably make jokes about running from the police and selling bad honey.
  8. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

I think they shoould make a special about the moopets like a 30 minute special or an hour one
  9. Mo Frackle

I think the Moopets could stick around as one-shot characters (with Miss Poogy probably getting more of the attention out of the group), but I really don't think an entire TV special devoted to them would work. Just my opinion.
    Pinkflower7783 likes this.
  10. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

I could the Moopets being used again in a revival of the TV show, coming in as background characters or something. I'm not sure how they would fit into the new movie, but of course that really depends on the plot itself.
  11. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Of the small things that bothered me about the new film (again, it all comes down to wanting more in every single case) is that there should have been a lot more use of the characters. I don't know where they'd fit in with the new movie's plot, but I'd LOVE to see those characters (at least Poogy) come back for a TV special or as part of a regular series. It's perfectly in Kermit's character to give them a second chance.
    galagr likes this.
  12. miss kermie

I still say Kermoot should love Miss Poooooogy...
  13. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

Actually the way Kermoot and Poogy would act probably wouldn't be too far off of how the real Kermit & Piggy act. Physically, and verbally abusive. :o
    Mo Frackle likes this.
  14. miss kermie

I already came up with it.
    Poogy will frequently hit him, but since he was raised to treat women nicely, he only abuses her verbally, but they still love eachother.
    If he kisses her, he gets slapped, but he does it again, and then she smiles a little.

Complicated. Maybe they'll come up with something better.
  15. Pinkflower7783

That's basically the REAL Kermit & Piggy. :p Only your reversing the kissing part on Kermit instead of Piggy. :/
  16. miss kermie

Oh yeah. Ha.
  17. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Actually, I'd love it if Kermoot and Poogy barely cared about each other or even spent any time together outside that stage show. I kinda like to think that The Moopets is a very loose group of characters who'd leave each other if a better offer came along... that's kinda hinted (for me) how Poogy was the only one Kermit hired and it didn't seem that there was any protest from any of the others. As opposed to the closeknit Muppets and how Kermit was almost devastated that Piggy wouldn't join them, and likewise Piggy's decision to join them anyway.

As far as doppelgangers go, there's something about the idea of shipping Kismet the Toad with Poogy. I mean, if anything else, Kismet was an established con-man and Poogy was an established possible convict (I don't see too many knife weilding people staying out of trouble).
  18. miss kermie

Tooth, you have a point there...
  19. Pinkflower7783

Well you could say Fozzie sort of hired Poogy because he was the one that knew her from his gig in Vegas. Kermit didn't really know her. And besides when Piggy said no they were desperate. Cause you knew Kermit wasn't gonna beg Piggy to come back.
  20. miss kermie

What if...
    Fozzie knows Poogy because...
    They were...
    O_________o Do I need to say the last word?