The Most Annoying Kids Shows

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I will confess that I did watch Barney, though rather irregularly, when it first came on... but even then, I would only really watch it when there really wasn't anything else on, or if my parents had PBS turned on the TV (which they did quite often, so I can think back on not only SST, but READING RAINBOW, MISTER ROGERS' NEIGHBORHOOD, BOB ROSS...) That continued up until about 1998 or so when Barney went through its own little ATC-esque era, when they got new sets, brought in new kids, threw in new puppet characters, changed the titles, etc. Haven't watched since.

What's weird about Barney is that it had a brown squirrel named Scooter and a purple lilac bird character named Miss Etta.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Not so strange.

Miss Piggy was played by Frank Oz and now played by Eric Jacobson
Merry Monster was played by Joey Mazzarino
Deena Monster was played by Brian Meehl
Janice and Mildred were played by Richard Hunt
Miss Mousy, Granny Grouch, and Ma Bear were played by Jerry Nelson
Flo Bear and Miss Poogy were played by David Rudman

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm going to add Jay Jay the Jet Plane.

Why... why do the planes all look like they have the face of a morbidly obese Jimmy Neutron? Uncanny Valley is almost a compliment. I have a Thomas the Tank Engine bias, so I just don't dig these knockoff shows. They're poorly done and poor imitations, and like I said, PBS was broadcasting Jay Jay and something about a boat.

Plus the characters were very annoying... especially the plane that kept stuttering and sputtering and rolling all his consonants. The only thing worse than ugly characters is ugly annoying characters.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I'm going to add Jay Jay the Jet Plane.

Why... why do the planes all look like they have the face of a morbidly obese Jimmy Neutron? Uncanny Valley is almost a compliment. I have a Thomas the Tank Engine bias, so I just don't dig these knockoff shows. They're poorly done and poor imitations, and like I said, PBS was broadcasting Jay Jay and something about a boat.

Plus the characters were very annoying... especially the plane that kept stuttering and sputtering and rolling all his consonants. The only thing worse than ugly characters is ugly annoying characters.

Jimmy Neutron is so bad. Why? Because of the faces and the voices.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Ah yes, Theodore Tugboat. From the same producer as the Thomas spin-off, Tugs. Now that's a show I fondly remember watching. :smile:
That one actually wasn't so bad. It did a pretty good job emulating Thomas and got some things right. Especially the whole storyteller aspect. But Jay Jay was just loud and obnoxious. I guess you could excuse the primitive CGI, but even then it was pretty bad primitive CGI. Definitely not Mainframe.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I remember THEODORE TUGBOAT, I didn't mind it too awful much... I wouldn't say it was the best kids show there ever was, but I did enjoy watching it. At least, it was visually engaging (though the characters' mouths not moving was a drawback, but then again, it was more of a storytelling format anyway).