The most tear-jerking Muppet moment...

froggiegirl18

Reaction score
I nearly cry when Rizzo cries on Muppet Christmas Carol...the other part was a copy of Jim Henson's funeral seeing all the puppeteers perform..I cried for five minutes just thinking of how the other puppeteers must of felt. I love all on my puppet team and this past weekend one of my top performers moved away. It's great to know that the three years that I have spent teaching all that I know about puppetry to her is going to spread even further but I cried this past weekend because she wasn't there. It is amazing that the company as a team has stood together and still going strong.

The Good Doctor

Reaction score
Puppet team

froggiegirl18 said:
I nearly cry when Rizzo cries on Muppet Christmas Carol...the other part was a copy of Jim Henson's funeral seeing all the puppeteers perform..I cried for five minutes just thinking of how the other puppeteers must of felt. I love all on my puppet team and this past weekend one of my top performers moved away. It's great to know that the three years that I have spent teaching all that I know about puppetry to her is going to spread even further but I cried this past weekend because she wasn't there. It is amazing that the company as a team has stood together and still going strong.
Wow you ahve your own tem of puppet performers, I am so Jealous! that is really great, will you be replacing the folks who moved away? Are you needing any help? :cool:

froggiegirl18

Reaction score
Well actually my team is just one from church..right now while I am at college two adults have taken over and now I'm just helping with training kind of like a now co-captain. My friend was part of the original team that started off with just three of us and now is compiled of twenty..youngest being ten. We're always in need of help. What puppet team isn't? :smile:

The Good Doctor

Reaction score
froggiegirl18 said:
Well actually my team is just one from church..right now while I am at college two adults have taken over and now I'm just helping with training kind of like a now co-captain. My friend was part of the original team that started off with just three of us and now is compiled of twenty..youngest being ten. We're always in need of help. What puppet team isn't? :smile:
Sounds really cool. Once my wife and finally finish with all the paper work and buy this house I hope to have a studio in the basement. I am kind of starting over at 0, I have not done anything in about 5 years. When I was in colege I wrote a puppet plot with some friends. But never got to the building puppets and performing stages of the project.

I hve a lot to learn about puppet building as the one and only puppet I made came ungluded in a sticky mess. But slowly I am getting there, doing a tun of reading. Not to mention I have a strong background in the Arts, both visual and performing. :smile:

christyb

Reaction score
I'll have to say that Saying Goodbye in Muppets Take Manhattan got to me. It was like I knew the feeling they were trying to get across because I've experienced it. (I moved across country a few years ago.) But someone has probably said this huh? Oh well. That's the only Muppet part that really gets to me.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Aw geez--we just watched Muppet Christmas Carol on Disney Channel down here in New Orleans (on vacation with my wife's family). It's been a number of years since I saw it, and I forgot how sad it was when Scrooge sees the Tiny-Tim-less Cratchit family in Christmas Future. That's always sad, of course, but it was extra sad because it was Robin, and because Kermit and Piggy were so upset. Hard to watch, and definitely a tear-jerking Muppet Moment.

:frown: :sympathy:

guysmiley4ever

Reaction score
I agree. I just watched The Muppet Christmas Carol this evening.
And it's hard to keep the eyes dry though the movie.
Michael Caine does a great job, especially the scene when Belle leaves him.
:cry:
I get so weepy during 'Bless us all' everytime.

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
Big Bird and the Swedish Chef in MFC. The saddest line in the entire thing is:

"All your family are all home in Sweden"

So while we're all choked up on Robin pretending to be dead, let's remember a chef with no eyes who cant speak English whose family are all in Sweden!!! On second thought, let's think about Robin...that's more sad!!

:wink:

lowercasegods

Reaction score
I hadn't checked to see if this were mentioned yet, but for me, the most tear-jerking moment of the Muppets was the "death" of Mew in The Christmas Toy. When Rugby thinks he's dead and the song begins, I just lose it. Not to mention Jerry Nelson's little monologue about being an old, forgotten toy. That whole special just chokes me up.