Gosh I'm getting teared up just reading all of these! There are several for me:

1. When Big Bird tells Snuffy goodbye in Follow That Bird
2. When Big Bird sings "I'm A Blue Bird" in Follow That Bird
3. The Magic Be With You song in Fraggle Rock
4. Anything surrounding the death of Jim Henson

I have to go think of something happier now! :cry:

christyb

Reaction score
I think the final episode of Dinosaurs was sad. It was just so hopeless feeling. Or does anyone not remember this at all.

Gonzo's Goof

Reaction score
I have a few, the biggest for me was the episode on the Muppet show where Gonzo was going to leave the show. Was the first time I ever cried from something on TV.

Next would be the tribute to Jim Henson, I don't think I stopped crying from the begininng to the end of that. Just thinking about it makes tears fall.

Last would be Rainbow Connection, TMM. But not the end though that tears me up some. The start is what gets me, I hear Jim singing and listen to the words, and just reminds me he is gone. So that and with all the times I heard him in interviews or through muppets mention the rainbow connection and the dream. That song makes me miss him alot.

The Good Doctor

Reaction score
Wow

Mario said:
Not many Muppet moments have gotten to me, but I would say when the Muppets went on Sesame Street and Kermit explained what happened to their good friend, Jim Henson. I don't think I can explain anymore, because I'm getting kind of choked up, and I just want to change the subject now, :cry:
I do not know how I managed to miss that, but my heart is breaking.

Mario

Reaction score
I was talking to BooberGorg about it, and he never heard of it either, which makes me really unsure about what I saw. I know it was on tv and not a tape, and that they were all on the sesame street set, and I think it was a special about Henson. And, it was a clip that they showed, not a whole episode, so that means to me that the special (if it was a special) was made years after that clip was shot.

christyb

Reaction score
Gonzo's Goof said:
Last would be Rainbow Connection, TMM. But not the end though that tears me up some. The start is what gets me, I hear Jim singing and listen to the words, and just reminds me he is gone. So that and with all the times I heard him in interviews or through muppets mention the rainbow connection and the dream. That song makes me miss him alot.
Amazing how you can miss someone you never met isn't it? But in a way we (the fans) know him in a way that no one else could, huh? (Ok now I'm getting deep.)

The Good Doctor

Reaction score
Deep

christyb said:
Amazing how you can miss someone you never met isn't it? But in a way we (the fans) know him in a way that no one else could, huh? (Ok now I'm getting deep.)
Well that is how I have felt about it for as long as I have known the Muppets. I met Jim every day, he was my best friend and play mate, and he took me to a special kind of street where magical things happned. Later on when i was a little older I sat in the audience of His theater, and watched all sorts of silly crazy and wondeful things happen. That is the Jim Henson I know, and I know him best as a simple green frog.

The new Muppets will never be what they once were, it is a new age, and a new start, they are fresh out of the box and ready to test the waters with Disney at there back. :cool:

Gonzo's Goof

Reaction score
christyb said:

Sometimes I think some fans can see things in any artist that the artist themselfs don't always see. But as many have said, every piece of work you do is a child a part of you, it is an experssion of who you are, or what you would like to be.

The Good Doctor

Reaction score
As an Artist

Gonzo's Goof said:
Sometimes I think some fans can see things in any artist that the artist themselfs don't always see. But as many have said, every piece of work you do is a child a part of you, it is an experssion of who you are, or what you would like to be.

Well gang I am an artist my self, you may know of me I make sculptures and other functional furniture out of card board boxes. My most noted works are made of Macintosh computer boxes.

What most people do not understand is that this is as you say like having children. The sculpture heals me, it makes me whole, it helps me to destroy the box and make something new from that destruction. It is also a call to the better part of who I am, I make them because I have to, I need to and I love to. And there is nothing so rewarding as when the thing I have dreamed in my head becomes a physical reality.
:cool: