1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

The most tear-jerking Muppet moment...

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by GuySmiley, Jun 30, 2002.

1. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

I can't watch anything from Jim Henson's Memorial and not start bawling. Especially knowing Richard Hunt would die a year later and would have his Memorial at the same church. Just seeing a simple interview of Jim with Kermit I just can't keep it together.

I recently watched The Muppets Remember Jim Henson and while I do remember bits and pieces when it originally aired I don't think I quite understood it because I was only 7 when he past. But watching it again as an adult omg I don't know that I've ever cried so much through something. Especially at the end when their singing "Just one person" and Kermit walks in omg so sad but yet so moving. And this is someone who hardly ever cries in anything. So just goes to show how much I appericate and probably love the muppets even more now then when I did when I was a kid. I should be honest in saying I was probably more into Fraggle Rock and The Muppet babies then the actual muppets themselves growing up but I do remember watching the reruns of TMS on Disney channel. Unfortunately I wasn't even born yet when TMS originally aired so...and sadly I was one of those fans who after Jim died I think I was starting to grow out of a lot of things.

This movie made me feel guilty at times especially when Walter says "your fans haven't left you the world hasn't forgotten" Because sadly I was one of those who had forgotten. I only recently got back into the muppets last year so...I can't say I've been a very good fan but hey I am into them now way more then I was when I was a kid and I ain't intending to forget ever again! I don't think I realized how much they impacted me as a kid till now. Because as a kid you don't really appericate things around you not that adults do either but as a child you have that innocence and don't think about such things as an adult where your much more aware of things around you. Anyways...sorry for the long post. Lol!
    Karamazova likes this.
  2. Pinkflower7783

I think I got more emotional when you see all The Muppets and the Sesame Street characters in one shot. I started thinking of Jim seeing them all together. But to be funny too bad that wedding wasn't real. XP
  3. Rowlfan5384

Rowlfan5384 New Member

anything and everything involving Jim Henson's funeral. I saw on clip and I was snffling like crazy.
    Pinkflower7783 likes this.
  4. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Oh as far as I'm concerned it was, lol.
    HeyButtahfly likes this.
  5. Pinkflower7783

No it wasn't. Only part of the movie. I see you and miss piggy have a lot in common on that notion. Lol!
    Zeliboba likes this.
  6. heralde

MTM picture book and 30th anniversary special, all I'm going to say, hehe.
  7. Pinkflower7783

Yep but according to Kermit their just dating. LOL!
  8. heralde

With the Muppets there's canon and then there's canon. Basically there's canon for whatever you want to think, lol.
  9. Pinkflower7783

LOL! How much did Miss Piggy pay you to say all this? XD
  10. heralde

Oh she didn't, we have an understanding, hehe. :mad: :)
  11. Pinkflower7783

Yeah an understanding she'll karate or pork chop you if you say otherwise. LOL!
  12. Auberoun

Auberoun Member

:mad: Watch it with the "pork" comments!

Sorry, couldn't resist hearing Piggy's voice saying that as I read it...
  13. Pinkflower7783

Okay time to get this back on topic. I just watched the movie again last night for probably more times than I should be watching Lol and I cried again at the end when Kermit sings Rainbow Connection and when he walks out and sees all the fans. Just thought of Jim the whole time. :(
  14. Rowlfan5384

Rowlfan5384 New Member

"Saying goodbye" was a tear jerker. We all know that one.
  15. Pinkflower7783

I know I made a video of Jim Henson using that song. :(
  16. Hayley B

Hayley B Active Member

awwww, if only we could see it.
  17. Pinkflower7783

I can send it to you in a private message. I don't know if I'd be throwing the thread off subject by posting it here.
    Hayley B likes this.
  18. Pinkflower7783

I should note that Kermit said in an interview back in Nov he thinks at this point in the relationship that him and Piggy are better off together and not actually married.
  19. Zeliboba

Zeliboba Member

Awww, Pinkflower, come on! :drool: We need to see that video! Now that you've mentioned it it's not fair not to show it to us! ;)
  20. Hayley B

Hayley B Active Member

Thank you. I'll check it out.