The most tear-jerking Muppet moment...

SuprGro78

Reaction score
Uncle Duke

Hi uncle duke. I was going to email you through your profile and ask you if you could make me a copy of the same show. When I tried it told me you had requested not to be email contacted. I wan't sure if maybe you got a million requests and changed your prefrence or if you just didn't know about that.

beaker

Reaction score
3 most tearjerking moments for me:

1. tribute to jh(with follow me fr song)

2. the letter reading part of the muppets celebrate jh

3. the final episode of fraggle rock

BigTeacherMan

Reaction score
The greatest Muppet moments

When I think of various Muppet moments that bring a tear to the eye, a few come to mind...

1) The tribute to Jim where the cast sings, "Just One Person" and Kermit peeks in to say they did just fine with Jim's tribute. Those are the first words we heard from Kermit following Jim's death, and they were, at the time, so wonderful to hear.

2) "Saying Goodbye" always causes some tears, especially when we see Fozzie holding his Teddy bear.

3) It doesn't bring tears, but chills--"Inchworm" sung on the old Muppet Show.

4) The Fraggles featured a song that came to be known as "The Music Box." It is, by far, one of the most beautiful compositions done for a Muppet production. It brings chills, tears, and smiles. It is truly an amazing piece of music.

5) The wedding scene from MTM. "She'll Make Me Happy," is such a wonderful song.

6) Finally, we have Alfie/It's In Every One of Us and Silent Night from "John Denver and the Muppets: A Christmas Together" as well as the Christmas Medley in "Muppet Family Christmas" when Robin sings the same song accompanied by ALL the Muppets. What a wonderful moment.

Of course, there are many tears of anger and sadness for other reasons, as well. One being almost the ENTIRE Muppets From Space which I, being a classic Muppet fan, found atrocious (Jim never revealed Gonzo's true identity for a REASON!...and why, why, WHY am I hearing Kermit say "Get down with your bad self?" These are not the Muppets I grew up with. This is, quite frankly, nothing new, nothing original, and nothing inspiring). We also have the outrageously absurd editing of BOTH video versions of "A Muppet Family Christmas" in which various songs and clips are edited for no apparent reason. What's next? Editing "The Rainbow Connection" from a new pressing of "The Muppet Movie?" Give me a break, guys!

When I think Muppets, I think of what I grew up on...the first 3 movies, The Muppet Show, Fraggle Rock, Muppet Babies, and Sesame Street. They bring on tears of joy.

Today, with the absurd and atrocious writing being given to our old Muppets, they bring tears of frustration.

MIKEB97

Reaction score
It's saddens me that Sesame Street isn't the same without the ingenious pioneers that aided the show to achive such phenominal success. The writers are no where at the level of genius that Jon Stone, Norman Stiles, Jeff Moss, Jim Henson, and Joe Raposo had.

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Well, this is the post-1990 Muppet world. Decent sequel, but can't beat the original. I give it two-and-a-half stars.

electricmayhem

Reaction score
It seems that just about any ending can make me tear up:

1) The Muppet Movie ending-Rainbow Connection of course!
2) The group singing at the end of Muppet Christmas Carol
3) half the songs on John Denver and the Muppets:A CHristmas Together--especially 'It's In Everyone of Us'...Im tearing up just thinking about it!
4) The group singing at the end of A Muppet Family Christmas. even more so from that movie is showing Jim washing dishes with Sprocket, that's one of my favorite moments of all time.
5) The quote from Jim: "It's a wonderful life, and I love it"

If i keep thinking about all of these i will be crying! One more thing that im sure would bring tears to my eyes if i could see it is the muppets farewell to Jim...i've read many posts of people asking for a copy of this show and im just wondering if anyone could help me get one too, thanks