1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

The most tear-jerking Muppet moment...

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by GuySmiley, Jun 30, 2002.

1. sofiasaldanha

sofiasaldanha Member

Some of the scenes in which I cry watching the muppets
    1-When Piggy and Kermit sing the duet Love Led Us Here on The Muppet Treasure Island
    2-When Kermit said on The Muppets: Maybe you don't need the all world to love you, maybe you just need one person
    3-Rainbow Connection - every time that Kermit sing this song
    4-When Piggy and Kermit sing the final song Somebody's Getting Married on the Muppets Take Manhattan
    5-Being Green
    6-When Piggy sing You Light up my Life on The Fantastic Miss Piggy Show

2. DancingQueen

DancingQueen New Member

Without a DOUBT, the performances of "The Rainbow Connection" in both "The Muppet Movie" and "The Muppets". I'm tearing up before the first verse is over, and by the time they get to "I've heard it too many times to ignore it, it's something that I'm supposed to be...." (my favorite line) I'm drowned in inconsolable tears. I had that problem all three of the times I saw "The Muppets" in theaters, and it was mighty embarrassing, but it was well worth it!!!! (I love crying LOL believe it or not it makes me feel good)

3. Janice+Floyd<3

Janice+Floyd<3 Well-Known Member

The 'goodbye' song from muppets take manhattan

ElizaSchuyler likes this.
  4. Twisted Tails

Twisted Tails Well-Known Member

Gobo's "Petals of the Rose" from Fraggle Rock.

5. Beth C

Beth C Active Member

The new song from the movie gets me all the time now. Pictures in my head.. I just can't stop crying when I hear it.

Janice+Floyd<3 and ElizaSchuyler like this.
  6. Dr TeethFan

Dr TeethFan Active Member

I end up crying when I hear the song "Pictures In My Head"

7. FraggleLover130

FraggleLover130 Active Member

When they sing Rainbow Connection. :mad::) Best. Song. Ever.
    :halo:

8. Bridget

Bridget Well-Known Member

You know, I have truly never been a huge fan of Gonzo for whatever reason, but somehow his song "I'm Going To Go Back There Someday" touches me in a way. Every time I hear it, tears swell up in my eyes. The words to the song were just so well written, and it really fits his character and back story.

From Sesame Street, I cry whenever I hear the song, "Sing", because it is a sincere reminder to us that it does not matter what your voice sounds like or where you might be, just sing how you feel, and everything will be just fine. And also, of course, it brings back the classic memories.

"Never Before, Never Again" never fails to make me cry completely. It is probably more meaningful than half of the love songs of today. Miss Piggy really sung how she felt, and I admire that.

9. Kristine73

Kristine73 Active Member

I have always found the moment in Christmas Eve on Sesame Street where Ernie and Bert exchange their presents a real tear jerker. Closely followed by Gonzo singing "I'm going to go back there someday" in TMM and "Saying Goodbye" in TMTM. So close I can't separate them.

:p:(:concern:

Bridget and GopherCoffee like this.
  10. Bridget

When Michael Jackson made a brief appearance on Sesame Street and gave a present to Oscar The Grouch.

11. JimAndFrank

JimAndFrank Well-Known Member

Okay, I have three new moments after watching my entire collection of Muppet stuff again:

When the Muppets from all times and universes came together in 'Celebrate 30 Years' and sang 'Rainbow Connection' together. It made my heart stop because it probably meant a lot to those who had been with the JHC for a long time.

In MCC when the Cratchetts are mourning the loss of Tiny Tim. Such powerful performances by Steve and Frank. It was also the first time I had ever seen my mother cry during a movie. It has always been her opinion that a puppet can't evoke any sort of pathos, but Steve and Kermit proved her wrong.

Lastly, I get tears of joy every time I hear the phrase, "Hey Walter, aren't you gonna join us?"

MuppetGeek, ElizaSchuyler and Bridget like this.
  12. Bridget

I like those.

~The end of TMM and almost all of Jim's famous Muppets are singing the famous "Life's like a movie," line.

~In She'll Make Me Happy, when all of the Muppets including some Sesame Street guests begin singing and swaying along.

~I tend to always cry when Kermit sings his original Rainbow Connection in TMM. The lyrics are so touching and powerful.

13. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

A tie for "this film is dedicated to jim henson and richard hunt" at the beginning of MCC and in the muppets 2011 when kermit sings pictures in my head.

14. Flaky Pudding

Flaky Pudding Well-Known Member

Mine are:

-Mr. Hooper's death.
    -The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson.
    -Halfway Down The Stairs.
    -Time In A Bottle.

15. SpookyMania

SpookyMania Member

There's a lot of moments that make me teary-eyed, but the one that gets me the most is when Gonzo sings "The Wishing Song" in season two of the Muppet Show. That song. Wow.

16. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

While not tear jerking I did get a little emotional in MMW during Piggy's dream sequence seeing her and Kermit grow old together.

17. sofiasaldanha

sofiasaldanha Member

Mine are:
    Kermit singing "Rainbow Connection" and " It's not easy being green"
    Dream Sequence in MMW during the song "Something so Right"
    Gonzo singing " I'm going to go back there someday"
    The Duet "Love Led us Here"

18. mimitchi33

mimitchi33 Active Member

"Something So Right", which is the second-hardest I've cried at a film (the first hardest being a scene that starts 11 minutes before the end of Magic Adventures of Mumfie: The Movie, now known as Mumfie's Quest), and "Pictures In My Head".

RealWonderman and ElizaSchuyler like this.
  19. fozzieisfunny

fozzieisfunny Well-Known Member

There are a lot of sad Muppet moments. I am going to post my top 3 right here.

3. The Muppet Show pilot. You may be asking, " Fozzieisfunny, why did you put this on here? It's not sad at all!" Yeah, it is. Fast forward it to about 5:57 where it reveals all the Muppet performers. It's sad because most of them are dead.

2. Somewhere Over The Rainbow. Robin's tiny little frog voice sings such a sad song. Man, whenever this is in a Jerry Nelson tribute, I start to cry.

1. The Rainbow Connection. If you watch The Muppet Movie (1979), see Jim Henson in the credits, don't cry during The Rainbow Connection, not even one tear, it is a face-palm moment.

That's my top 3 saddest Muppet moments. You can watch them up there^^^

20. Shade601

Shade601 New Member

When Junior Gorg throws away the crown. Actually that whole episode. The song, How Wide, How Far is so beautiful, and Richard Hunt's voice is so perfect, it wrecks me. But when he declares there shall be no more kings, I always fall apart.

Also, the semi recent Sesame episode where the hurricane came and destroyed Big Bird's home. Seeing Big Bird sad is always crushing. And as always, Gordon handles it so well.