1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

The most tear-jerking Muppet moment...

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by GuySmiley, Jun 30, 2002.

1. WalterFan1234

WalterFan1234 Active Member

When robin performed halfway down the stairs

Or when big bird finds out about mr hoopers death

2. PigsInSpace2205

PigsInSpace2205 Active Member

EVERYONE MATTERS its a very merry muppet chrismas

RealWonderman likes this.
  3. PigsInSpace2205

PigsInSpace2205 Active Member

Love les us here

4. Muppetjente

Muppetjente Well-Known Member

Saying goodbye in MTM

5. fozzieisfunny

fozzieisfunny Well-Known Member

For me, that's probably the most sad Muppet moment. Rainbow Connection is probably second.

6. RealWonderman

RealWonderman Active Member

My number One:

But also...

off the top of my head...if I had more time to consider, I'm sure I'd have lots more.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2014
  7. Luke kun

Luke kun Well-Known Member

Ha ha, only the beginning of TMM made me cry

8. Harleena

Harleena Well-Known Member

The "Rainbow Connection" part in the 2011 movie
    The entire 1979 movie
    "Love Led Us Here" from Muppets Treasure Island

Dominicboo1 likes this.
  9. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

I Love "Love led us here" It has never made me cry though.

10. Ladywarrior

Ladywarrior Well-Known Member

That scene in Muppets Take Manhattan when the muppets split up. It breaks my heart every single time I see it and the song that goes with it doesn't help. :(

11. tutter_fan

tutter_fan Well-Known Member

You got that right. What a sad song.

Dominicboo1 likes this.
  12. snichols1973

snichols1973 Well-Known Member

One of the more emotionally touching moments of MMW is when CIA agent Sam the Eagle and Jean-Pierre Napoleon have emotional breakdowns just before they part company:

:attitude:: Pull yourself together, man! Stop crying! We're only saying our final.....farewell.
    :attitude: (tearfully): Goodbye.... forever!
    :attitude: (crying while embracing Jean-Pierre): I am going to miss you, my French friend!

Dominicboo1 and WalterLinz like this.
  13. WalterLinz

WalterLinz Well-Known Member

Oh man, there are so many touching moments, I can't even choose!

I almost cry whenever I hear Jim sing "The Rainbow Connection" at the beginning of TMM.:cry: Man, and I gotta say the scene where Walter joins The Muppets at the end of TM2011 is just so touching to me, and of course The Muppets' performance of Rainbow Connection from the same movie made me cry tears of joy realizing that The Muppets are totally back again.:)

Last edited: Mar 10, 2015
  14. Luke kun

Luke kun Well-Known Member

The end of TMTM when :) and :mad: appear by the moon and the words The End are written…excuse me, I’ve got something in my eye…

15. Erine81981

Erine81981 Well-Known Member

I might have already posted here but my favorite (and if I have it'll be the same one) Is the song "Saying Goodbye." I just can't keep from tearing up every time I hear or see it.

P.S. - Also in "Fallow That Bird" the song "I'm So Blue" makes me tear up too. The tear you see when the kids see him just breaks me heart.

16. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

I may be the only one, but does anyone else kind of tear up in MTI at the end when Jim Hawkins sees Long John Silver escaping, and he is going to blow the whistle, and that whole scene until Kermit shows up, pretty sad moment in a film that is mostly full of laughs.

ShMuppetgal96 likes this.
  17. WemblinFool18

WemblinFool18 Active Member

When Kermit the Frog sang "I Believe" in the Macy's Thanksgiving parade in 2008. Gives me chills and makes me tear up every time.

MikaelaMuppet likes this.
  18. WemblinFool18

WemblinFool18 Active Member

And of course, any moment from Jim Henson's memorial makes me break down completely. Namely:
    1. Frank Oz's eulogy (I can't imagine losing my best friend!)
    2. Dave Goelz singing "I'm Going to Go Back There Someday"
    3. Big Bird saying "Thank you, Kermit", after singing (tissue, please!):cry::cry::cry:

Kristine73 and MikaelaMuppet like this.
  19. scooterfan360

scooterfan360 Well-Known Member

these Muppet moments made me cry
    1. the Muppet show, the song that gonzo sings about wanting someone to dance with him.
    2. the Muppet's 80's Polaroid commercial, the one where gonzo is sitting on the porch , while the rest are inside having their picture taken, and he sings this song called , who wants a picture of my face. even if i was a baby at the time of this commercial, i stumbled on this on YouTube, and it had me in tears.
    3. the Muppets 2011 , the revised edition of rainbow connection.
    4. the muppets 2011, when Floyd gives animal his drumsticks and tells him that he has been saving them for him.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2016
  20. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

When Big Bird finds out that Mr. Hooper died.