1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

The most tear-jerking Muppet moment...

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by GuySmiley, Jun 30, 2002.

1. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Well-Known Member

In answer to your question, Punk, the last time I saw the show it was run by Mr. Hanford, but I haven't seen it in a while so I'm not sure. According to the TV listings, I think it's now run by some guy named Alan.
  2. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Is there no way we can get this depresing 'most tear jerking moments' away from the top? No one has replied to it about tears for sooo long. Will it stay here forever?
  3. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Well-Known Member

Yep. It looks like it will. Lol.
  4. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

Um...you could always post to my "Most Inspiring Muppet Moment" thread I began in this file...

FOZ
  5. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Maybe Phill chould shift it. I have been trying to get THINGS THEY WOULD NEVER SAY TO GO TO THE TOP by posting in it a lot.
  6. giantpez

giantpez New Member

lets see mine are:
    1. the end of the Muppet Movie. Rainbow Connection song.
    2. The ending song when Kermit and Mrs. Piggy were getting married.
    3. Hearing that Jim Henson died.....
  7. Svedish_Chef

Svedish_Chef New Member

The lack of Tiny Tim scene
  8. punkNpuppets

punkNpuppets New Member

woah! 9 PAGES!!! this is a popular thread!!!

anyways,

IN 4TH PLACE was a SKETCH that wasn't exactly TEAR JERKING but it made me feel kinda sorta sad (that most of you guys might think were HILARIOUS) -
    'The Grover as a waiter' sketches. I mean, look at Fat Blue or Angry Guy or whatever you call him...he didn't look angry, he had sad eyes and i just got kinda, you know, sad inside......i think i'm gonna cry!!!!!! HOLD ME!!!

in 3rd Place we have -
    ME LOST ME COOKIE AT THE DISCO

in 2nd Place we have -
    DISCO FROG!!!

and now, the NUMBER ONE TEAR JERKING MUPPET MOMENT IS, may i have the antelope please...drum roll!!! blrlrlrlrlrlrlrlrlrlrlrlrlrlrlrlrlrlrlrlrlrlrlrlrlrlrlrlrlrlrlrlrlrlrl

SEEING N'SYNC HANGING OUT ON SESAME STREET!!!!!!!!!!!!!! saddest muppet moment ever....
  9. Jennifer

Jennifer New Member

"Say goodnight, Gonzo."

This isn't so much tearjerking as poignant in an understated sort of manner, but it's been on my mind since I mentioned it in another post of mine.

It's in the George Burns episode and I'm willing to bet it went over a lot of kids' heads, but many adults probably smiled understandingly.

George gets into a conversation with Gonzo. George feeds Gonzo lines and questions and Gonzo keeps coming up with these loopy, circular-logic responses. Finally, George says, "You know, Gonzo, you remind me of someone I used to work with."

"Wow!" Gonzo says. "You mean Walter Matthau?"

"Yep," George answers with a sad little smile. "That was her, all right."

He was, of course, referring to his wife and partner Gracie Allen, who had just that style of humor, who predeceased him, and who he missed until the day he went to join her.

Very understated, but awfully sweet when you realized the joke.
  10. The Flying Sheep

The Flying Sheep New Member

I was only two or three when Jim Died, and never effected me untill about six months ago, whenb i began my Muppet rebirth ( as I call it,) really.

But About ten minutes piror to writing this post, i watched the Peter Sellers Episode of TMS on Timelife video. Kermit came on and did being green, and i just cried and cried and cried.
  11. Gonzo14

Gonzo14 Well-Known Member

On People Profiles on Jim Henson, when Frank Oz was almost in tears talking about Jim
  12. punkNpuppets

punkNpuppets New Member

when was this?
  13. Gonzo14

Gonzo14 Well-Known Member

I think 2 years ago, They had Family Members, Performers, Muppets, and Muppet Show Guest talking about Jim. I've got it on tape
  14. trekkie1701E

trekkie1701E New Member

Most tear jerking moment? It's a toss up between the end of THE MUPPET MOVIE (Where all of Henson's muppets sing) & the wedding scene in THE MUPPETS TAKE MANHATTAN.

Always get chills and choke up during those...
  15. C'irdan

C'irdan New Member

sadness

Here goes:

Rainbow Connection

I'm Going to go back there some day

Life's like a movie

When Piggy leaves from the dance number

Saying Goodbye (especially at the end because it makes me think of Jim Henson dying)

Tiny Tim being dead and piggy crying

Love Led us here

I'm all.....................alone.

Piggy as the cat lady...it was SO SAD! She was so lonely and sad that she became obsessed with cats...it was really easy to relate to her loneliness and I felt awful watching that. :(
  16. the_great_gonzo

the_great_gonzo New Member

When Fozzie realized that he had the wrong bag and had failed Kermit. Just the look on his face and the way his voice sounded was so sad.
  17. radionate

radionate New Member

I've got a new one.

I was having the traditional Thanksgiving viewing of A Muppet Family Christmas the day after Thanksgiving while I was cooking my Thanksgiving dinner (I had to work Thanksgiving day). When Fozzie started singing "I'll be home for Christmas" I burst into tears. Spending the Holidays alone and away from your family made me realize how wonderful being "home for the holidays" really is!

(I also cried as always through "when the river meets the sea" in Emmet Otter, but I always do that)
  18. electricmayhem

electricmayhem New Member

I just watched 'Emmet Otter' for the first time and as soon as i heard 'When the River meets the Sea' starting, tears were welling in my eyes!
    It was also sad when Fozzie lost the bag of money:(
    and I've said it before and I'll say it again, John Denver and the Muppets, A Christmas Together...every time i listen to it!
  19. trekkie1701E

trekkie1701E New Member

<<John Denver and the Muppets, A Christmas Together>>

Oh God ... The scene around the campfire where they're all singing ... so great...
  20. Thijs

Thijs Member

Definitaly Tiny Tim`s dead