The most tear-jerking Muppet moment...

DarthGonzo

Reaction score
I'm going with the majority here on the "Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson" ending, especially when Fozzie, Scooter, Clifford, Gonzo, Piggy and Robin read the letters to Jim. That scene must have been very difficult for the muppeteers to do without breaking up. It certainly sounds like Frank is having a difficult time doing Piggy without getting chocked up.

And then when everyone starts singing...I just cant hold it back, especially when all the characters start appearing to join in the song.

Jackie

Reaction score
The reading of the letters is so sad.

The Great Gonzo

Reaction score
1. Gonzo's loneliness in Muppets from Space. Sure, not the best of their movies, but there were some great moments in it.

2. The moment in The Muppet Movie at the very end with the rainbow coming through the wrecked set. Beautiful.

My happiest Muppet memory was as a kid when Mark Hamill, R2-D2, Chewbacca, and C-3PO were on. I was a huge fan of both the Muppets and of Star Wars, and it was like all of the best things in my world had come together. I remember racing through the living room to find my brother to tell him it was on. I slipped, knocked into the arm of the leather couch, and fell to the ground. I had a big knot on my head, BUT IT WAS WORTH IT!

electricmayhem

Reaction score
>>>when Mark Hamill, R2-D2, Chewbacca, and C-3PO were on. <<<

That's my favorite episode!!!:smile:

Jackie

Reaction score
Originally posted by electricmayhem
>>>when Mark Hamill, R2-D2, Chewbacca, and C-3PO were on. <<<

That's my favorite episode!!!:smile:
I love that episode because it has my favorite Scooter Skit! Six String Orchestra! I love that!

CherryPizza

Reaction score
The most tear-jerking Muppet moment for me, would be right now, reading through this thread. What could make the tears flow more than being reminded how something of which you are so fond, that has been such a strong part of your life, that has educated, informed, enlightened, inspired, entertained and amused you, has also had this effect on so many other people?

Some may say that discovering that so many other people had the same experience as you, may take something away from your special individual experience, but that is clearly not the case here. It has united so many of us in discussion, and reminded us why these creations are indeed so special.

If only Jim Henson could have read these messages, to give him proof above any evidence allegedly to the contrary, that his mission was a success.

But somehow I think he knew that already.

To misquote the Muppet of all Muppets, that debonair Mr The Frog:

Why are there so many songs about Muppets
And what's this Henson wave we ride
Muppets are visions, but only foam and fleece
And Muppets have nothing inside
So we've been told and some choose to belive it
We know they're wrong, as you see
Because we've found it, The Muppet Connection
The lovers, the dreamers and me

Jackie

Reaction score
Well as Gonzo pointed out to Rizzo....Muppets do have a hand up their .....BACK! LOL!!! I love the extra footage on MTI.

JamieDenny

Reaction score
Crying

The end of The Muppet's Celebrate Jim Henson, When Raven Simone and Kermit sing "Why Are There So Many Songs About Rainbows" in Muppets at Disney World.
Then there's when Tiny Tim dies and Kermit says "Life is Made up of meetings and partings, that is the way of it." I'm tearing up writing about it It reminds me of Jim so much without even the fact that Kermit was saying it.
The Stars Wars Ep Finale when everyone sings "When You Wish Upon A Star." Thats My favourite Disney song ever but if you look at it from a semiotics point of view here you have two sets of dream-makers singing a song thats saying believe in your dreams
Jamie