The Most Terrible Sesame Street Skit!

mikealan

Reaction score
Hey ya, guys. I watched the 1999 episode of Sesame Street. It was where Rosita taking pictures, which is cool, but there's a skit that was terrible.

It was a cartoon with a big sister and her little sister. As I remembered that skit, it made me really upset, because of her little sister crying! Now, as I watched it, I did not like it. Here's how it goes: A big sister talks about what happened with her little sister. Her little sister took her big sister's doll, but her big sister took it away, so she cried until her father puts her big sister in her room and became mad! Finally, her father explains that it is polite to share a doll with her little sister and that is the end. That sketch did sound terrible.

But then, after the street segment, the Elmo's World segment was cool.

This episode featured Elmo, Zoe (in a skit with Herry), Rosita, Baby Bear, Humphery, Ingrid and Baby Natasha. They weren't bad, I think they are fake.

Besides the big sister telling a story about her little sister cartoon, what SS films, cartoons and clips do YOU think are terrible?

Thijs

Reaction score
All the cartoons! Why do they still use and make those terrible cartoons. Say it with puppets!!!

dcfboss

Reaction score
i haven't watched SS the last couple of years, but the little mini-skits that I hate:

The ones where they use the dogs with the human hands

The number skit with the guy with the numbers (coming out of water....waiter in a restaurant....etc)

Anything with Baby Bear (except the skit when he was drawing a card for Snuffy's grandma cuz Cookie Monster was there, lol)

The Show and Tell Ernie with the kid with the xzylophone or glochenspheel (SP).....that kid messed up so many times, lol

Clean Gultch

Reaction score
Originally posted by Tommie
All the cartoons! Why do they still use and make those terrible cartoons. Say it with puppets!!!
ALL of the cartoons? come on you cant be serious! i love the pinball cartoon. ten tiny turtles, alligator king, ladybug picnic and lots of the cartoons. theyre classics! im currently getting the claymation king of eight skit off of winmx. jim henson performs the king of eight

Thijs

Reaction score
Originally posted by Clean Gultch
ALL of the cartoons? come on you cant be serious! i love the pinball cartoon. ten tiny turtles, alligator king, ladybug picnic and lots of the cartoons. theyre classics! im currently getting the claymation king of eight skit off of winmx. jim henson performs the king of eight
No sorry, I can`t stand the fact that they use cartoons while they have so many puppets to use. Or those small movies with those kindergarten kids, I hate them! I want to see puppets!!!!!!

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by Tommie
No sorry, I can`t stand the fact that they use cartoons while they have so many puppets to use. Or those small movies with those kindergarten kids, I hate them! I want to see puppets!!!!!!
Here here! I HATED all those sketches growing up...1982 or 2002 I cant stand em.

I said this 2 decades ago and I'll say it again:
Forget the cartoons and lame other non Muppet sketches...

STICK TO THE MUPPETS!!!

Growing up I could not wait til they either got back to the street or other Muppet sketches. I could not stand those retarded 70's cartoon shorts or live action skits.

12345678910...11...shut the heck up!

A carton of milk, a dozen eggs, and a stcik of SCRAM!

One of these things is not like the other...yeah, so freaking put the Muppets back one!

Gah...Ive been wanting to say these things for 20 years LOL

I just recently watched the Alphabet Jungle on vhs, as it features the great chemistry of Telly, Zoe, and yes Elmo...but it was like maybe 5 minute Muppet segments total, and like 45 minutes cartoons. Bah.

Clean Gultch

Reaction score
NO ONE here likes the Alligator King song? I love it. and dotn anyone dare tell me they hate the Pinball toons.

roadrat15

Reaction score
"Said the Alligator King to his seven Sons" . . .a classic ,cannot be put down!

mikealan

Reaction score
As you see, there was a small cartoon with the baby bird and a mother bird which it was terrible when I saw #3803. When I was little, I ran away from it, because I think it was going to make me real upset after I first see it when I was one. Now as if I watched that, it went something like this:

A baby bird happily jumps on its nest as its mother bird watches it. Then a boy is walking and carrying his groceries, until a baby bird begins to fall off the tree and the mother bird is so worried and the boy began to be aware and sees the baby bird crying! I hated that part. Afterwards, the boy picks the baby bird up to the nest, and when the boy begins to carry his groceries, his buttons begin to pop off his pants and reveals out his naked butt! So the mother bird rushes to the boy's pants and grabs them, so they will not be falling down as the boy whistles and walks the way home and carries the groceries.

Do you remember this cartoon???