The most traditional episode of Sesame Street for the 2000's

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
YEAH YOU HEARD IT!!! the most traditional episode of Sesame Street for the 2000's! you guys gotta help with the street segment, i'm writing the sketches. AND there's gonna only be 3 muppets on the street - Big Bird, Oscar, and Snuffy. Last but not least, the replacement muppeteers (okay, i might not use them all) the sketch i'm working on now is a Sonny Friendly game show called "Friendly Food" (family feud parody)!

Forgetful Jones - David Rudman
Roosevelt Franklin - Kevin Clash
Harvey Kneeslapper - Eric Jacobson or John Kennedy
Don Music - David Rudman
Gladys The Cow - Martin P. Robinson
Guy Smiley - Steve Whitmire
Placido Flamingo - David Rudman

so, get typin!

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
here we go, Friendly Food! A sketch that brings out the craziness of the Sesame Street Muppets!

FRIENDLY FOOD
(show title)
ANNOUNCER: It’s time now for everybody’s favorite game show, Friendly Food!
(music starts)
And here’s America’s Friendliest game show host, Sonny Friendly! (applause)

SONNY: (enters stage left) Thank you! Thank you! Hello ladies and gentleman! I am Sonny Friendly and you are watching Friendly Food! The game show where you have to name certain foods in a certain category. Let’s meet the players on Team 1, whom are all from Sesame Street, shall we? Our first contestant is a cow from Sesame Street, meet Gladys!

GLADYS: Hi, I’m Gladys The Cow! I was born on a farm in Nebraska, then a few years later I mooooved to Sesame Street! I’ve wanted to be on TV ever since I was a calf!
SONNY: Really? Well our next contestant is -
GLADYS: SONNY!!!!
SONNY: Yes, Gladys.
GLADYS: I’m not finished yet! Anyways I.....I.....oh golly gee, I don’t have anything to say! Continue, Sonny.
SONNY: Thank you, Gladys. Anyways, our next contestant is also from Sesame Street and a monster....A MONSTER!!! AAAHHHH!!!!! (runs and hides)
ANNOUNCER: SONNY!!!
SONNY: WHAT???!!!
ANNOUNCER: Get a hold of yourself!
SONNY: Okay, okay. (reads notecard) His name is Cookie Monster!
COOKIE: Hi, Sonny!
SONNY: Hello, Cookie Monster!
COOKIE: Oh, I’m gonna win cause I loooove food!
SONNY: Really? That’s wonderful! Our next fella is a Transvelanian who loves to count things, meet Count Von Count!
COUNT: Von, Two, Three! Three contestants! (lightning strikes) Ah ah ah ah ah!
SONNY: Lightening!!! Oh no!!!
ANNOUNCER: Sonny, please get a hold of yourself!
SONNY: Right, right. Anyways, let’s meet our next team they are all from Busyland, New York. Our first contestant works for the stock market, meet Jonathan Stukupin!
JOHNATHAN (Blue AM): Hello, Sonny. Thanks alot for having me here. I think this show is just wonderful!
SONNY: Well, thanks for the compliment, Johnny!
JOHNATHAN: Johnathan, please.
SONNY: Right. Our next contestant is a journalist. His name is Dave Johnson.
DAVID (Orange AM): I prefer David Johnson, Sonny. Anyways, thank you for having me on Friendly Food. It’s an honor.
SONNY: Your welcome, Dave!
DAVID: David.
SONNY: No, I’m Sonny Friendly. Now our final contestant is an executive named Johann Harrison!
JOHANNA (purple-female AM): It’s Johanna Harrison, Sonny.
SONNY: Okay Johanna Harrison Sonny! Now let’s get started! Now Gladys and Johanna, come up here please. (Gladys and Johanna go up to the stand thing in the middle of the stage). Now, up on the board up there you will see a category of food that you will have to foods in that category. If you know one, hit the buzzer and say it! (category shows) It says “Vegetables”
GLADYS: (hits buzzer with head) Grass!
SONNY: Grass! What does our judge say?
JUDGE (just the voice): Grass? Who answered that, a COW?
SONNY: Frankly, (looks at Gladys) Yes.
JUDGE: Well, just this once. But tell her from now on to only name HUMAN food!
SONNY: Gladys, from now on...
GLADYS: I heard it Sonny! (show board, the word “Grass” appears) Hahaha! (hits head on buzzer) Carrots!
SONNY: And our judge says...
JUDGE: Yes. (Word “Carrots” appears on board)
GLADYS: Hahaha! Yayyy!!!!
JOHANNA: (hits buzzer) Asparigus! (shows board, the word “asparigus” appears) Super!
GLADYS: (hits buzzer) Apples!
SONNY: ...And our judge says...
JUDGE: No. Apples are a fruit!
GLADYS: Fiddlesticks!
JOHANNA: (hits buzzer) Brocolli! (word brocolli appears on board)
GLADYS: (hits buzzer with head) Bananas!
SONNY: Our judge says...
JUDGE: Bananas are fruit.
GLADYS: (Hits buzzer with head) Wheat!
JUDGE: Wheat is wheat!
JOHANNA: (hits buzzer) Spinach (word “spinach” appears on board) (hits buzzer) Celary! (word “Celary” appears on board)
SONNY: Okay!!! And the winner of that round was Johanna Harrison Sonny!
JOHANNA: It’s not...
SONNY: (hugs Johanna)
JOHANNA: Oh, well I....
SONNY: (stops hugging her) Okay, sit down.
JOHANNA: (goes back to her seat, so does Gladys)
GLADYS: (to Cookie and Count) Sorry guys, but hey! You’re up next, Cookie Monster!
COOKIE: Oh boy!
SONNY: Up next we have Cookie Monster and David Johnson! (Cookie and David go up) Okay, now our category is (show board) “Anything With Wheat In It”
COOKIE: (hits buzzer) COOKIIIIEEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (show board, the word “Cookies” appears)
SONNY: Right!
COOKIE: Oh boy! (shows David, he looks frustrated) (Cookie hits buzzer again) Bread!!!! (word “Bread” appears on board) Yay!!! (hits buzzer again) Cereal!!! (word “Cereal” appears on board) (hits buzzer again) Crackers!!! (word “Crackers” appears)
(hits buzzer again) Pancakes! (word “Pancakes” appears) and PIE! (word “Pie” appears)
SONNY: Cookie wins that round!
COOKIE: Yipee!!!!!!!!!!!
SONNY: David, on the other hand, didn’t get one.
DAVID: Gosh dang it!
SONNY: Now! Both of you sit down! Count and Johnathan, come up! (Count and Johnathan come up) Okay, the category is (show board) “Candy”!
JOHNATHAN: (looks nervous)
COUNT: (Hits buzzer) Chocolate! Hahaha! (shows board, word “Chocolate” appears) I got VONE right! (thunder and lightening) Hahahahaha!!!
SONNY: Please stop doing that!!!
JOHNATHAN: (hits buzzer) Hot dogs!
SONNY: Our judge says...
JUDGE: No! Hot dogs are underrated.
COUNT: (hits buzzer) Bubblegum! (shows board, word “Bubblegum” appears)
SONNY: Right!!!
JOHNATHAN: (hits buzzer) Cookies!
COOKIE MONSTER: Coooookkkkkiiiiiieeeeees!!!!!!!!!!!!
SONNY: Our judge says!
JUDGE: I guess. (word “Cookies” appears on board)
COUNT: (hits buzzer) Liquorish! (word “liquorish” appears on board)
SONNY: Very good!
COUNT: (hits buzzer) Jawbreakers! (word “Jawbreakers” appears on board)
SONNY: Excellent!
COUNT: (hits buzzer) Cotton candy! (word “Cotton candy” appears)
SONNY: Yes! Yes! Yes!
COUNT: 3 vonderful yeses! (thunder and lightening) Hahahahaha!
SONNY: I told you to stop doing that!
COUNT: Oops! My bad!
SONNY: Anyways, lets see what you guys win!
GREEN AM: (enters stage left with a big box)
SONNY: You guys win a year supply of COOKIES!
COOKIE:.....................(passes out)
COUNT AND GLADYS: (try to get him up)
SONNY: The other team wins a year supply of cookie jars...Well, guys thanks for playing, (looks at camera) and you at home, thanks for watching Friendly Food!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Great stuff, man great stuff!

Keep 'em coming..

mikealan

Reaction score
Well,...I don't think that Roosevelt Franklin, Harvey Kneeslapper, Forgetful Jones, Guy Smiley, Placido Flamingo, Gladys the Cow and Don Music appear on the new Sesame Street...I think they might me gone forever.

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
besides, don't you guys want sesame street to return to it's original format? maybe Sesame Workshop won't accept this script but it's worth a try! if they don't, we're gonna do something about it!

They say us older people can't do that and that it's all about what the KIDS want! really. that's funny, a little 3 year old told Joan Ganz Cooney "You should have a half hour segment all about Elmo with an animated background and a segment where I have to find out which box Ernie's hiding in. It will teach me about patterns!" a 3 year old said that? I DON'T THINK SO!!! I'm not GIVING UP!!! I'M GONNA DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS!!!! so WHO'S WITH ME???

SillyJoeBob

Reaction score
I'm With You All The Way!!

punkNpuppets said:
besides, don't you guys want sesame street to return to it's original format? maybe Sesame Workshop won't accept this script but it's worth a try! if they don't, we're gonna do something about it!

They say us older people can't do that and that it's all about what the KIDS want! really. that's funny, a little 3 year old told Joan Ganz Cooney "You should have a half hour segment all about Elmo with an animated background and a segment where I have to find out which box Ernie's hiding in. It will teach me about patterns!" a 3 year old said that? I DON'T THINK SO!!! I'm not GIVING UP!!! I'M GONNA DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS!!!! so WHO'S WITH ME???
I know that I've mostly seen the episodes of the late '80s and early '90s, but I also think they were FUNNIER back then. Besides, I know who Don Music, Harvey Kneeslapper, Placido Flamingo, Gladys the Cow, etc. are and have seen them all in various episodes. What the blazes has happened to "Monsterpiece Theater", the rock and roll parodies, the game show parodies, and every other thing that made Sesame Street so unique compared to other kid's shows of its time (besides Mr. Rogers, Reading Rainbow, Square One, Bill Nye the Science Guy, etc. all of which are almost as good, if not as good?) Those were good :smile:! Besides, they were much better than SS's current state of recurring segments, such as "Journey to Ernie" and (yecch!) "Elmo's World" :frown:. PunkNPuppets, I'm with you all the way on this!

SillyJoeBob