The Most Unfriendly Forum

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Quite a few of the Ghostbuster fan forums have rude people there, and they always fight.

Now, though, there is a community created by Sebastian Clavet, who created 88 MPH Studios and this great GB Fan message board: http://www.weaverhall.com/index.php

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Crazy Harry said:
You're all weenies! Shut up, you weenies.
That's EXACTLY the kind of atittude they make at ToonZone when you make a complaint about being cracked on. I remember this one time, someone made a rude crack at me (that;s why I RARELY go back to TZ, I'm a victim there of cracks), and I remember making a complaint about it, and that same person responded: "you really need to grow-up". Well, :stick_out_tongue: to you!

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
I havn't been to many forums, but much as I hate to say it, I'd have to say that TP is the worset and nastiest I've ever met.
Really? I just recently ventured into the TP forums and found the people to be very friendly, kind, nice, fun, and an all around great group of people. I really enjoy the TP members and environment. I'm sorry you don't like the community they have created, it's a very nice one.

SesameStreetGuy

Reaction score
Before it got closed, the old ToonFinder boards was pretty bad, not all fighting bad, but strict bad.

chestermcdragon

Reaction score
HeraLirambar said:
Most unfriendly? Gotta be this one. That admin's a total witch.

Seriously, all the forums I go to are pretty friendly. There are some unfriendly people, but on the whole, 's'okay.
thats the same guy who makes krustylu.

EleganceLiberty

Reaction score
GelflingWaldo said:
Really? I just recently ventured into the TP forums and found the people to be very friendly, kind, nice, fun, and an all around great group of people. I really enjoy the TP members and environment. I'm sorry you don't like the community they have created, it's a very nice one.
Yeah, I recently joined TP m'self. I'm very surprised at how welcoming they were to me, considering they're a rather tight-knit community (IMO, but I have nothing but love for 'em). I'm sorry if you had any negative experiences with them, though. =(

Awww, don't be hatin' on Toon Zone much. I happen to post there. Yeah, they can be a bit sarcastic at times, but my experiences -for the most part- have been okay.

As for nasty forums, hmm.

Tie between Gaia Online (don't ask) and IGN. Both sites have shoddy moderators (IGN has over 1,000 mods and yet it can take up to a week before the mod report backlog is done) and an incredibly convoluted banning system. =/ The posters there are just... augh. The lowest cesspools you could ever come across.

Nintendo NSider is very close, but I'm giving them a break due to the age audience of most people there and the mods -for very few there are- actually do their work in a timely and fair manner.

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
EleganceLiberty said:
Awww, don't be hatin' on Toon Zone much. I happen to post there. Yeah, they can be a bit sarcastic at times, but my experiences -for the most part- have been okay.
Agreed. I also post at TZ (as just 'Skeeter'), and I haven't found it to be as bad as D'Snowth makes it out to be. Granted, there are a few trolls there and some who act like it's necessary to hate everything (a certain poster in the DCAU section of TZ springs to mind), but overall it's not that bad a place.

And, no offense, but if you can't ignore the insults of a few trolls then maybe the problem isn't in the forum you're visiting...

-Kim

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Skeeter Muppet said:
Agreed. I also post at TZ (as just 'Skeeter'), and I haven't found it to be as bad as D'Snowth makes it out to be. Granted, there are a few trolls there and some who act like it's necessary to hate everything (a certain poster in the DCAU section of TZ springs to mind), but overall it's not that bad a place.

And, no offense, but if you can't ignore the insults of a few trolls then maybe the problem isn't in the forum you're visiting...

-Kim
I used to (and occasionally still do) post there as Courage-Bagge, which is what I'm known as at just about everywhere on the internet...'cept here. Lately, I agree Skeeter, it hasn't been as bad there, which is good, because I used to post there ALL the time, until these cracks and insults got a little too out of hand. I too HAD an experience with a troll (who I believe changed his user name since then), who was SO arguementative with me constantly, I had to place him on my ignore list (which fortunately, none of you MC users are on...cause I love you guys...not trying to sound gay here.) None taken, but I haven't caused any problems at TZ, haven't had a thread deleted there yet (unfortunately, here I did).

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
D'Snowth said:
I used to (and occasionally still do) post there as Courage-Bagge, which is what I'm known as at just about everywhere on the internet...'cept here. Lately, I agree Skeeter, it hasn't been as bad there, which is good, because I used to post there ALL the time, until these cracks and insults got a little too out of hand. I too HAD an experience with a troll (who I believe changed his user name since then), who was SO arguementative with me constantly, I had to place him on my ignore list (which fortunately, none of you MC users are on...cause I love you guys...not trying to sound gay here.) None taken, but I haven't caused any problems at TZ, haven't had a thread deleted there yet (unfortunately, here I did).
The true way to tell if a forum is bad or not is to see if it's made it's way onto Fandom Wank. You know things are really bad if the forum's been mentioned on F_W enough to gain some kind of infamy.

-Kim