The Mother, The Son And The Glass Of Milk

bigbird

Reaction score
This was an early skit that didn't last too long(i think). It involved I think a mother who notices her son sitting at the kitchen table with a spilled glass of milk and naturally wants to know how it happened. The kid tells the mother various "lies" which were illustrated in a funny way. I think one re-enactment involved a football player in full garb knocking over the milk. I forgot what the other ones were but it was pretty funny.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Boy, sometimes I can't remember what I had for breakfast, but I remember this one clear as a bell!

While Mom was frying up some eggs, the kid knocked over his glass of milk. Of course she wants to know who did it (being there's only two of them in the room, it's really obvious he did it, but he really doesn't want to fess up).

So he tells a number of stories of what happens:

1. A robber peeks out from under the table, knocks the glass over, and steals some toast while he's at it.

Mom's not buying it.

2. A wrecking ball knocks it over. We see some footage a crane swinging in to the side of the building, and with pinpoint precision, the wrecking ball knocks the milk over.

Mom's still not buying it.

3. A gorilla did it! (Actually a guy in a gorilla suit) He bounds into the kitchen, knocks the glass over, and pats the boy on the head on the way out.

Mom's rolling her eyes at her son's tall tales.

4. A baseball player did it. We see footage of a baseball game, and the player at bat hits a home run. But the outfielder (one of the 1969 World Series Champs New York Mets) catches the fly ball, but knocks the milk over, tips his hat, and skips out.

Mom thinks her son is going to grow up to be a politician with all his lying.

5. A herd of elephants did it! We see footage of charging elephants, and the camera shakes, and the glass knocks itself over. Funny how Mom didn't hear any of the elephant stampede.

Just when Mom is ready to reach for a lie detector, or some sodium pentathol, the boy comes clean.

Boy: "Actually, it was me."
Mom: "I thought so. Let's clean up and have some breakfast".
She kisses her son, and he smiles, realizing honesty really is the best policy.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
Was this a Muppet sketch? If so, which monsters were used?

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
No, this was a live-action film with real people. No muppets, no monsters, but still a very entertaining film.

SesameMike

Reaction score
When the kid said it was a baseball player who spilled the milk, I envisioned a ballplayer carelessly whacking the glass over with a baseball bat. But the way I remember it, the incoming baseball knocked the glass over just before landing in the player's mitt.

And if I lived THAT close to the stadium... fly balls would be the least of my worries. Besides, who ever heard of a pro game being held at breakfast time?

cookiemark

Reaction score
thats weird, i totally forgrot about that till now was the kid Afro- American?? not bein a wiseass its just coming back to me now

MuppetDude

Reaction score
cookiemark said:
not bein a wiseass its just coming back to me now
Careful about that word, buddy. The moderators might change it. :concern: