The Muppet Bus on SNL

TML

Reaction score
Now I know why no one watches SNL anymore. Why did the Animal guy act like a bird?

kermiegirl

Reaction score
I just watched the sketch on the SNL website and I was sort of mixed.
Towards the middle, I was getting a little mad at the fact they ran over someone and that Animal had dynamite and drugs on the bus. And I have no clue why Nipsey Russel was on the bus; he didn't appear in The Muppet Movie at all! Of course that must have been the writers decision but I found that pretty weird.
However, I liked Fozzies (Jason Sudekis) joke as the gang gets pulled over: "We're screwed!" he says as he holds a screw in his hand. :smile:
In the end, I like the sketch but at the same time I felt a little angry at the writers and maybe at Seth Rogen. Does he like the Muppets for some reason? Because I don't know.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I thought it was funny. Not perfect, but funny. Rowlf, Gonzo and Kermit were pretty good and who knew Zoot was packin' heat? :cool:

RedPiggy

Reaction score
After everything that happens to poor Zoot in the Dorms, I can imagine him finally getting payback. :stick_out_tongue:

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
After the recent shootings of several police officers in Oakland and Pittsburgh I thought it was in very poor taste.

Frogster

Reaction score
I just watched the sketch on the SNL website and I was sort of mixed.
Towards the middle, I was getting a little mad at the fact they ran over someone and that Animal had dynamite and drugs on the bus. And I have no clue why Nipsey Russel was on the bus; he didn't appear in The Muppet Movie at all! Of course that must have been the writers decision but I found that pretty weird.
However, I liked Fozzies (Jason Sudekis) joke as the gang gets pulled over: "We're screwed!" he says as he holds a screw in his hand. :smile:
In the end, I like the sketch but at the same time I felt a little angry at the writers and maybe at Seth Rogen. Does he like the Muppets for some reason? Because I don't know.
Remember, it's just a sketch, a sketch that's meant to be absurd. They're not gonna be able to do the entire bit just like from the movie... it's SNL and it's gonna be more for adults. Frankly, Will Forte sounded just like Whitmire's Kermit. I also think it's cool we got a group of SNL members who like the Muppets. Did you not hear that cheer at the beginning as well? They're just paying homage to a great group of people. Yeah, it's a lil weird (I wish Samberg would stop doin Chef) but it hasn't made me cringe any more than some of the REAL stuff the Muppets have done lately; heck, that one, short little sketch was better than Letters To Santa.

I hope next time, they do a sketch reviving Muppets Take Manhattan, where not only does Kermit have amnesia, but other members are facing serious problems, and Rowlf's trying to get them together because they're just about to do Manhattan Melodies on Broadway. :sympathy:

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
i gotta saw i like the script but personally i dont like Will Forte i dont know why he just erks me