next question:

Which came first?
A. The Muppet Show
B. Sex and Violence
C. The Muppets Valentine Show
D. Muppets Tonight

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
The Muppets Valentine Show came first before Sex and Violence. Way back then, Kermit was not the host and it was Wally.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Very good you two! I find that interesting that when Disney released season one of the Muppet Show they put Sex and Violence on it, and not the Valentine show.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Very good you two! I find that interesting that when Disney released season one of the Muppet Show they put Sex and Violence on it, and not the Valentine show.
I felt like it made a bit more sense, since Sex and Violence feels more like a Muppet Show pilot than the Valentines Show. I think they wanted to include both but there wasn't disc space for both (though season three was able to make room for The Muppets on Puppets, with some of the discs having one more episode than the others). And at the time I was happy that Sex and Violence was included instead, since I had seen the Valentines one but not Sex and Violence.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
At first I was thinking, what new ground could they cover that wasn't covered already in "Jim Henson:The Works"? Man, was I surprised.
There are a lot of productions not mentioned in The Works (or only mentioned in the timeline chapter). That book didn't provide any mention of such unsold pilots as Land of Tinkerdee, Star Boppers, or The Wizard of Id (though it's possible the master tapes were lost and later found, maybe also info on them, as I think the Henson Archives were starting around the time this book was made). Neither book talks about Follow That Bird (aside from The Works mentioning it in the timeline). The Works didn't have much on A Muppet Family Christmas while The Biography does (other "Muppet Show" specials seem to be equally represented among the two books). The Works doesn't talk about any of the Muppet direct-to-video series while The Biography has a short paragraph on the Play-Along Videos.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Ya, it would've made sense, but sex and violence is pretty similar to how season 1 of TMS worked, so it'd make more sense to leave that in. But, maybe they also didn't have access to the valentine show at the time.

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
Dwayne, could I do a question? If so:

Which Muppeteer came first?

A. Frank Oz
B. Jerry Nelson
C. Richard Hunt
D. Dave Goelz