The Muppet Central Freelance Writers Guild Project

theprawncracker

Reaction score
(Idea by Jamie/frogboy4)

Lately, in case you haven't noticed, there has been little to no opinion pieces, articles, or even reviews posted on MC's homepage. (Aside from the occasional update copied direct from The Muppet Newsflash, which is an amazing resource, by the way.) Face it gang, Tough Pigs walks all over us with opinion pieces and an all around more enjoyable, readable homepage. I think it's high time that we, the dedicated forum members, take the reigns and show Phillip and the rest of the MC administration that we are more than willing (and able) to contribute to this site we love so much.

What I propose, and what Jamie has suggested, is a team. A team of writers, readers, editors, picture gatherers, fact checkers, and just people with ideas. If we write the articles and if we make an effort to submit them to Phillip why would we not be able to make MC a much better place for people to visit--and plus, it gets our own work out there.

I would be proud to be editor in chief, and I will gladly welcome anyone who wishes to submit writing to participate. Let's team up to bring MC into the forefront!

If you wish to join as a writer, please post in this thread and say so and add what sort of article you plan on writing. These can be opinion pieces, but right now I think we desperately need reviews on the site. Here are a few things that can be reviewed:
- Studio DC: Almost Live (either special)
- Follow That Bird 25th Anniversary DVD
- Fraggle Rock Complete Series Set
- Any new Sesame Street DVD or CD releases
- The Muppets.com or YouTube viral videos
- The Muppet Show Comic Book or Muppet Robin Hood
- A Red and Green Christmas CD
- It's Hard Out Here For a Shrimp, The Diva Code, or Jim Henson's Designs and Doodles books
If you have no idea what you want to review, I'd be more than happy to assign a piece to you. Just post that here in the thread.

If you wish to join as a proof-reader/editor please post your commitment here and as soon as articles are written I'll submit them to you for proof-reading.

If you wish to join as a fact chekcer I just need to know your commitment here and articles will also be submitted to you (this job can easily be combined with the proof-reader position).

And if you wish to gather pictures for various articles just post your commitment and I'll let you know what sort of images we need for various articles.

Thanks in advance for the commitment gang! I really think we can pull off something great if we all team up. So here's the MC Writer's Guild!

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
Hi there. I'd be willing to write a reveiw of something. I would be able to do Follow That Bird, A Green and Red Christmas, the Youtube videos, and or possibly the DC specials. IF I can find my tape I taped them on of course. Let me know what you want me to do Prawnie.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Hi there. I'd be willing to write a reveiw of something. I would be able to do Follow That Bird, A Green and Red Christmas, the Youtube videos, and or possibly the DC specials. IF I can find my tape I taped them on of course. Let me know what you want me to do Prawnie.
Brilliant! You rock, Colby! Thanks for the speedy response! :big_grin: I think it would be great if you could review the FtB DVD. Just start writing and then submit it to me via PM or email it to me at ryguy102390@hotmail.com whenever you can. Thanks Colby! :wisdom:

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
Cool. I work on that this weekend. :big_grin: I'll try to have at least a rough draft by either Sunday, or at the latest Monday.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Wow, that was quick! The MCFWGP has officially been announced! I am hopeful that this can work and will return MC to its roots as a fan content driven site with frequent updates. :smile:

I can help with a graphic or two when time is available. The MCFWGP has my full support. :super:

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
I could review Muppet Robin Hood and the Follow That Bird DVD. :smile:

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Heh, just found this thread after emailing Prawnie. Oh well.

As I simply don't have a lot of merchandise, I'd rather do editorials/opinion pieces. However, I can do the Fraggle Rock Complete DVD set, as I actually have that one. :big_grin:

Edit: There is a review of that, actually. I mean, I could write something that doesn't tread the same ground as Chapman's.

AnimatedC9000

Reaction score
I'd be happy to join this team!

Since I have both books by Pepe the King Prawn and Miss Piggy that were mentioned before, I plan on doing a review of one of them (most likely The Diva Code, seeing as it's more girl-oriented). I could also try writing a few editorial/opinion articles and see how that works out.

I could also work as a go-fer for the group. I could go-fer pictures, go-fer editing, I can go-fer anything you guys need! Just say the job and I'll do it!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Prawn... If you need my services in either proof-reading, spell-checking, or fact-finding, LMK and I'd give the articles the once over. Could maybe submit a thing or two from time to time. One problem we need to address is... After everything's finished and ready for viewing, you submit it to Phil right? Well, would it get plastered on the front page? Not sure how quick something from this lollypop guild of yours would get featured, remember your stellar Abby in Wonderland thread. In any case, I wish the team nothing but success.

Great Caesar's Ghost! Now get to work on some articles people!

Erine81981

Reaction score
At the moment i'm trying to reformat my parents computer and all but i wouldn't mind in finding certain or fablous pics for any of the opinion pieces, articles, or even any of the reviews. Just let me know and i'll get all my pics that you'll need.

basketpusherkyle@yahoo.com