1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

The Muppet Christmas Carol coming to Blu-ray November 6

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by BobThePizzaBoy, Jul 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

I figured you would, but I just thought I'd say that just in case you did find some offense to it...you never know how people will take things online...
  2. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

Haha no way! I knew you were kidding! And even if I did think it was offensive it's obvious I moved on and ignored it. LOL! But come on it's a movie I ain't gonna get all defensive over that. :) And besides as long as you love it you shouldn't really care what I think or anyone else thinks for that matter anyways.
  3. ZeppoAndFriends

ZeppoAndFriends Well-Known Member

Last post: I'm sorry. Your opinion didn't offend me. Normally opinions don't bother me, but I've got writer's block and it's ticking me off. I came on here looking for something to gripe about. I wish I hadn't posted in the first place. I hope you can forgive me for acting like a jerk. :o
  4. Pinkflower7783

Umm...wow there is so much I wanna say to you about that but I will refrain from anymore arguments on here. I will say this if that was your reason for griping at me then that's really sad. I will accept your apology however in the future I suggest you find ways to take your frustrations out in other ways. And just remember once words are spoken they can't be taken back.
  5. Pinkflower7783

Now to get this thread BACK on subject I am liking their doing another intermission with this like in the last Muppets blu-ray. Im picturing snow and lots of chaos that the muppets are always good at. Lol!
  6. ZeppoAndFriends

ZeppoAndFriends Well-Known Member

Thank you.

I wouldn't argue, I'd deserve it. I'm not normally like that. It was sad and uncalled for and I couldn't be more ashamed at letting my stress and fustrations overpower my better judgement.

And, with that, I throw Jerky-me out the window and into a garbage can.
    I wonder if they're planning on doing Intermissions for all the Muppet Blu-rays they release, or even some for non-Muppet Blu-rays.
  7. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

I'm trying to figure out what you're talking about here, as I don't have a Blu-Ray player to play a Muppet Blu-Ray...could you please explain?
  8. Pinkflower7783

Disney Intermission is the most entertaining of the extras and one of the best Blu-ray bonus feature ideas to come around. Upon pausing the movie, rather than a freeze frame, viewers are presented with the famous Muppet Theater red curtains which offer a gateway to new Muppetational entertainment. A series of quick gags unfolds on the screen, different with each pausing of the film. From a dance routine featuring all the film’s main stars (Jason Segel included) to one-liners, the Muppets now do their best to entertain both while the movie is running and when it isn’t. Between new gags, the release’s other bonus features are also shown from behind the curtain, often with new Intermission-only twists.
  9. Pinkflower7783

Don't worry about it, it's all forgotten.

I don't know I personally think it'd be great. I actually enjoyed the intermission more then actually watching the film.
  10. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

I see...it sounds pretty great. You're starting to encourage me to get a Blu-Ray player...
  11. Pinkflower7783

Bascially it's sort of like your own private Muppet Show. I hated to restart the movie at times it's pretty entertaining. I know Kermit joked about it an interview when he was promoting the release of the DVD and said "even on pause we don't leave you alone." LOL!
  12. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Yeah, but that's not my point. All the Disney owned Muppet Movies should either be in the pipeline of being released as Blu editions or they should have been released by now.

I understand they had that completely strange motive for not rereleasing movies on DVD when the sequel comes out (except that they totally do, but usually a year in advance), and I understand they didn't want to crowd the release of the new movie on DVD and Blu with other releases (since they released TMS season 1 and MWO at the same time, and more people bought TMS S1 that makes sense). But the iron is hot, and it's time to strike.

But I have to wonder if it's going to be difficult to convert the first 2 movies to High Def, and that's going to be a stumbling block.

As for the Muppet Show, if it's a music rights issue, there's nothing that can be done there. Home video music rights were created from the incomprehensible ramblings of a mad man. But if it isn't, and everything is indeed cleared up, they didn't just drop the ball, they had it hit them on the head when someone shouted "Think Fast," and stood there for a whole 10 minutes afterward. The season sets sell quite well, and we're left in the lurch for Season 4. We've waited over 3 years for this now, and there's not even an announcement.
  13. Pinkflower7783

Yeah I figured a long statement was coming.
  14. dwmckim

dwmckim Well-Known Member

I haven't seen anyone comment on this yet, so figured i'd bring it up because it needs to be said...

Before we get all excited about a re-release with new bonus features, what are the odds that the new bonus features will only be on the blu ray and not the dvd like the **** they pulled with "The Muppets"

I'd like to get excited about this...but i know better. Just more Disney greed keeping great new Muppet material from a large portion of their fans.
  15. Pinkflower7783

More then likely that's what's gonna happen which I think is Disney's whole point in a released combo pack. I have a blu-ray player but I know not everyone can drop a couple hundred dollars or more to buy one and some just don't want one so I do think it's unfair for those who only have a DVD player not be able to have the same extras as the blu-ray. They totally ripped off fans in the DVD department when the last film came out. But that's Disney for you. To me it's almost snobbish on their parts if you ask me. Like the DVD is not worthy of the extras that are on a blu-ray.

Who knows maybe Disney will surprise fans and all the extras will be on the DVD. Not that anyone is holding their breathes because Disney could care less about what us peasants think. :p
  16. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

The XXXX they pulled with EVERY Disney DVD release. Lion King actually got it WORSE!
  17. Pinkflower7783

It's ashame they didn't at least put the "intermission" on the DVD from the last film. I think I liked that more then all the other bonus features that were on the blu-ray.
  18. Reevz1977

Reevz1977 Well-Known Member

panmanthe2nd and CaseytheMuppet like this.
  19. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

There are some preview clips on Disney's website, featuring two clips from the "Holiday Sing Along" feature, which is actual new material!
    Pinkflower7783 likes this.
  20. Kermieuk

Kermieuk Well-Known Member

Your image isn't available Stuart?? Can you email it as I'd love to see it.

Is this being released in the UK this year or just in uk cinemas???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.