The Muppet Christmas Carol coming to Blu-ray November 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Great news that this is coming to blu ray. Does it get all cleaned and tidied for blu ray? I love this film and it's always part of my Christmas.
I love the drawn art work but I must admit I do also like the poser pic on this cover! New bonus stuff too. All sounds good to me.

Uk release too??

Chris

Drtooth

Reaction score
I just got through actually reading Struzan's Art-of book (instead of just looking at the pictures) and it seems the tide of advertising has changed to crisp and vacant Photoshopped pictures. The perception is that his work lends a vintage feel that doesn't appeal to young people. I completely disagree with that and it's evidenced by the Instagram app that everybody seems to have on their camera phones. Even though I don't see Struzan as vintage, people like that sort of look anyway! The man is a genius!
This conversation is fascinating enough for its own thread, but I'll reply to it here.

It's cheaper and easier to use stock art work and photos on merchandise, and I think there's more of an attitude of "Kids don't care what's on the DVD package as much as the film." I'd wager they also have to pay Struzan (correct me if I'm wrong) royalties for his artwork, and it's just that much cheaper for something sloppily graphic designed.

But I really miss that style of movie poster/video cover. There's a lot of beautiful artwork out there, gathering dust while photo composites are just so much more welcoming for execs.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I'm guessing a MTI combo pack is probably gonna follow after right? Oh and Disney listen to fans??? That'll be the day. :stick_out_tongue:

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
Great bonus features!! I wonder which Muppets will show up in the Disney Intermission for this Blu-Ray.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
This conversation is fascinating enough for its own thread, but I'll reply to it here.

It's cheaper and easier to use stock art work and photos on merchandise, and I think there's more of an attitude of "Kids don't care what's on the DVD package as much as the film." I'd wager they also have to pay Struzan (correct me if I'm wrong) royalties for his artwork, and it's just that much cheaper for something sloppily graphic designed.

But I really miss that style of movie poster/video cover. There's a lot of beautiful artwork out there, gathering dust while photo composites are just so much more welcoming for execs.
From what I understand, and that could be wrong, a studio commissions the art from Struzan. This means they pay for the piece and for any adjustments they ask him to make along the way. I think it's completely theirs after they cut him a check. Unless they tossed it out, the original artwork is somewhere in the archives at Disney since the advertising and marketing came from them and not the JHC. However, the other posters might be property of the original movie studios they were released through. I'm not sure about that.

muppet maniac

Reaction score
Like I said animal ate them. Lol.
:halo:: Sorrr-ree!

I, too, hope that they release the other Muppet movies (that Disney currently owns) on Blu-Ray, especially TMM and GMC - with more extras. Seeing that MCC, which is not my favorite of the Muppet movies, is getting the Blu-Ray release after MFS and MTM shows there's a good chance of that happening. :smile:

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I'm telling you MTI is next. Sadly that is one I will never buy no matter how many bonus features are on it. :stick_out_tongue:

muppetlover123

Reaction score
cant wait for this!!!! this is the last muppet dvd i need and im so glad i waited til now so i can buy it on bluray

Status
Not open for further replies.