The Muppet Humanoid design

mupcollector1

Reaction score
I just realized on how some Muppet fans called some of the characters like Mildred a humanoid which is very interesting so I shall too to better describe them. I noticed during the early days of The Muppets, whatnots had a very simple design and even the anything Muppets for Sesame Street had that simple design but when Michael Frith came in for The Muppet Show, the Muppets had a more interesting design for the human like characters like Scooter with a built in nose or where the nose and mouth are combined sort of. And it kind of captures what The Muppets were in the begaining in the Sam & Friends days where the characters were a mix of human, animal or just abstract. Same goes with the Frackles a little bit, they are described still as monsters but characters like Blue Frackle has a great foam sculpted design, especially Gonzo. But back to the humanoid designs, I've always found them fascinating and I think that style very much inspired characters on Wimzie's House and Kevin Carlson's Timmy the Tooth, etc. It even influenced me for awhile when I was building puppets awhile back. It has this sort of Dr. Suess element to it sort of which Michael was inspired by him from what I've read once.