The Muppet Madness Tournament 2013

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Hi ho!
It's that time of year again, and the Muppet Madness Tournament, run by our good friends over at The Muppet Mindset, Toughpigs, and The MuppetCast is finally underway!

Although the actual tournament doesn't start until March 19th, you can vote right now on which Muppets you want in the tournament. Basically, you're voting for who you want to vote for. :wink:

The tournament this year will be taking place on Muppetmadness.com, a site set up by Steve Swanson of The MuppetCast. It's been switching sites every year, but it seems this one will be the new home of TMMT
Head over to Muppetmadness.com to vote right now as many times as you want! Then, check back on March 19th for the first round of the game!

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Bumping up this thread, becuase the Muppet Madness Torunament offically begins in exactly four minutes. The first round polls should be up any second now.

So head over right now to Muppetmadness.com to vote! We'll keep the discussion going on here!

EDIT:
Alrighty guys, here is the offical first round bracket. :smile:

Wowzers! Some great Muppets here on the list, but extremely hard choices. Rowlf vs. Walter might just be one of the hardest life decisions I ever make..Sweetums vs. Bean Bunny?Baby Sinclair vs. Waldo?
WHO DO I CHOOSE?

Oh, by the way, the empty profile picture in the FR column is Mr.Shimmelfinney. (The Doc's neighbor who we never actually see.)
Just to clarify, all these characters were voted into the Tournament, not decided by any of the tournament's organizers. So if ya wanna complain, too bad.

Most ironically, the most iconic characters, (Kermit, Piggy, Fozzie, Gonzo,) are nowhere to be seen. This might be interesting.

Happy Voting! May the Best Muppet win!

Hubert

Reaction score
Surprised to see that no one's really been discussing this at MC. But I'm really glad to see this return again! :smile: This is always one of my favorite events of the year in the way of Muppet fandom!

Unfortunately I did not find out about the selecting process until it was over, but I'm really excited to see how these matchups pan out. It's nice to see the main Disney Muppets not dominating over matchups like they have in years past. Instead we have a nice assortment of both popular and obscure characters in all quadrants.

There's not someone I'm really passionate about having win this year (unlike last year with Thog), but I think if anyone I'm really pulling for Cantus. Recently I've had a new-found love for the minstrel and it would be nice to see a lesser-known Fraggle character head to round 2. I may have to do some avatar changing to celebrate this tournament...

galagr

Reaction score
I've been waiting for this since March 1st! But, some of these matchups are just unfair... Mildred vs. Beaker? Grover vs. Roosevelt Franklin ( PULL THROUGH, ROOSEVELT!)? I'd even say Dr. Teeth has absolutely no chance against Animal. As much as I wanna see the good doctor advance to the second round, I don't think he's got a chance against on of the most overrated Muppets of all time. The votes are close, I guess we'll see.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I'm surprised by how much Walter is losing by. I love Rowlf, and I want him to win, but Walter can't lose by that much! I'm supporting him 'till next round, then, I'm rooting for Rowlf.

Hubert

Reaction score
LOVE the Rooselvelt Franklin campaign, galagr.

I'm really loving a few of these really close matchups. Snuffy is leading Big Bird by a mere 65 votes! I'm definitely pulling for Snuffy in that one as much as I like Big Bird, since he's an underrated character who really deserves some spotlight in this tournament as a less-popular main character. I'm surprised at how well Snuffy is holding up, I figured Big Bird would run with that one.

Dr. Teeth and Animal is another matchup I'm loving. I'm actually rooting for Dr. Teeth because I don't want Animal to win (being tired of that Animal-itis casual fans have), but I'd love the doctor to advance and get closer to the gold.

Some of these have been really hard to choose though. I want Rooselvelt Franklin to win, yet I can't help but vote for one of my favorite SST characters. I want Ned Shimmelfinny, yet I like Sprocket just as much.

I'm still laughing at Mildred vs. Beaker, I just find the idea that Mildred got in this against Beaker is hilarious for some reason.

I'm also surprised at how much Uncle Matt is losing to Boober. I figured the battle of the Dave Goelz characters would be REALLY close, but Boober seems to be keeping the upper hand. On that Fragglish note, surprised Wembley is leading Red by that big of a margin as well. Red seems the more well known Fraggle, and I figured the more casual fans would be rooting for her in this.

I'm surprised by how much Walter is losing by. I love Rowlf, and I want him to win, but Walter can't lose by that much! I'm supporting him 'till next round, then, I'm rooting for Rowlf.
I'm shocked as well that Walter is losing. I figured that especially with him close to the top last year he would put up more of a fight. I wanna support Walter so bad, but Rowlf has always been one of my favorite Muppets, and it's hard not to vote for him.

To end this extremely long post, CANTUS! CANTUS! CANTUS! Let him be YOUR song! Toot your magic pipe and make your voice heard!

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I would love for Rowlf or Sweetums to pull in that prize. I love Bean Bunny too. I'm surprised he's losing by that much...

This year really seems to be directed at crazy hard-core fans like us. Most casual fans don't even know who these characters are.
But I'm predicting it now. The Count is going to win. I wouldn't mind it so much, since I love the Count and most people are voting for Jerry's characters. :smile:

Voting ends Monday! I have until then to support Walter!

galagr

Reaction score
Start Round Two voting today! Some tough decisions this time around. Cookie Monster vs. Grover, Wembley vs. Grover, Rowlf vs. Beaker... Oh Dear. Sorry Roosevelt, looks like it's time to throw in the towel...

Slackbot

Reaction score
Making me choose between Gobo and Wembley? Now that's just mean. As mean as knocking Cantus off in the first round. Sad Kim is annoyed.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
The stupid tournament homepage isn't letting me vote. :grr:

Show Snuff he's nothing but fluff!
Vote for :batty: cause another vote for him means 1 more vote he gets to count on!

Now fly my pretties! *Sends off the bats from the castle to get people to vote for their master.