1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

The Muppet Mindset

Discussion in 'On the Web' started by theprawncracker, Aug 26, 2009.

1. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

2. theprawncracker

3. theprawncracker

4. theprawncracker

5. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Given Ricki Jervais's previous track record with animals (as highlighted on his appearance/interview on the February 14 episode of the Daily Show), I'm worried he named any Muppet as his favorite.
    Get away from that British comedian Robin! :concern: :eek:
    Ju are a sick sick man okay, Jervase. :rolleyes:
  6. theprawncracker

7. theprawncracker

8. theprawncracker

9. theprawncracker

10. Puckrox

Puckrox Well-Known Member

Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  11. theprawncracker

Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  12. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

A couple of things not mentioned: Richard Hunt performed Camilla in the Gonzo Presents Muppet Weird Stuff VHS, and David Rudman performed Dr. Strangepork in the Muppet Studios Presents: You're the Director VHS. In the later, Nelson dubbed most of Strangepork's lines, but a few lines were unlooped.

You mentioned that Jerry Nelson last physically performed Floyd in It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie, but you later mentioned that Nelson didn't physically perform any of his characters there. I think his last physical performance as Floyd was at Muppetfest in 2001.
  13. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Yay, thank you for this class Professor Dosier.

I've said it before, I'll say it again, Jerry is the "Man".

Oh, and I'd also like to point out something that made my draconic roommate furrow his brows. You state the first time Jerry performed Uncle D was in the TMS episode gueststarring Twiggy. Dunno if due to the production dates that would be true, but that was Episode 21 of Season 1... And chronologically, at least by episode's sakes, the first instance of Jerry performing Uncle Deadly was in the TMS episode featuring Vincent Price, Episode 19, a full two episodes prior to his introduction/origin story in the Twiggy episode.
    BTW: Do you think Uncle D would be the defacto choice for Muppet boss character to confront if a remake of Muppet Racemania with four tracks based on the2011 film were to be produced?
    They'd have to drop the Fraggle Rock tracks though, maybe replace them with more theater-based levels, that sort of thing.
  14. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

Great article!
  15. Muppet fan 123

16. beakerboy12

beakerboy12 Well-Known Member

No one performed Robin from 2002 - 2008. He was silent and remained unseen until Matt Vogel took Robin back up.
  17. Muppet fan 123

In IAVMMCM someone performs Robin, it's not Jerry Nelson,
  18. beakerboy12

beakerboy12 Well-Known Member

Well, Robin was puppeteered by another performer because Jerry was ill, but Jerry did dub/loop his voice. Following that was a five year abscence, then being taken over by Matt.
  19. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Thank you for the informative class, Professor Ryan. You taught me something I didn't know: I had no idea Richard Hunt performed Crazy Harry in The Muppet Show:Sex and Violence.
    OK, I am now mad at myself. Normally I would think, 'Uncle Deadly first appeared in episode 19, the Vincent Price episode, didn't he?' Then I'd make sure I was right on Muppet Wiki. But I didn't. :cry: (Wow, I'm using this Tutter smilie a lot lately)

Oh, and I forgot to ever mention, I've been reading The Muppet Mindset since almost the beginning, and I love it. I check it everyday probably 30 times waiting for the daily article. Thanks so much. You're doing a great job.
  20. theprawncracker