The Muppet Mindset

minor muppetz

Reaction score
That's an interesting post. I wonder if he expected to get a official answer when he wrote the first article. Though I don't see how the trash can lid would look like a halo if drawn hinged up. Isn't a halo normally seen above the whole head as a circle? Oscar's head would be in front of the lid, blocking the bottom of the circle.

I do wonder what angles Joe Mathieu was talking about not being able to draw certain characters from... I wonder if those characters also weren't shown at those angles on television.

kermambo

Reaction score
Hello mr Minor Muppetz. Jarrod Fairclough here:
No, I didn't expect an official answer. Truth be told, I expected a few little joking theories from people, and instead I got 100 spam emails haha. But then I went after the answer by contacting Joe from ToughPigs, they'd just done an interview with Joe Mathieu, and I thought it might take a few days. I emailed Joe (from TP), went to bed, and woke up to Joe Mathieu's e-mail!.
As for the halo, I think he means something like this: http://dailyoffice.wordpress.com/2007/10/31/morning-prayer-11107-feast-of-all-the-saints/
Rather than an above the head thing you mentioned.

But I'm really pleased with the feedback from people, and I'm really enjoying writing the articles. I've written another one, but it's very similar to an old TP article, so I might not do it. Plus, my laptops at the 'doctor'' until next week! If anyone wants anything particular written about, comment here or on FB or something!:smile:
Cheers
Jarrod

Slackbot

Reaction score
SQUEE!

If I'd been there I would have been flipping out too. Oh man, I'd been hoping someone would report on this. Thank you for posting. (I also wish some footage would show up on youtube; the other live Q@As I've seen with Gonzo and Goelz have been priceless.)

I hope that this swings by Atlanta at some point. Hmm, isn't there supposed to be a big ol' Henson section opening at the Center for Puppetry Arts in a year or two...?

Nick22

Reaction score
you are so freakin lucky! ! ! i would pay ANYTHING to have met dave goelz and gonzo! ! !