The Muppet Mindset

Drtooth

Reaction score
What's to question? Weinstink is clearly waffling and maguffening the movie so they never have to spend their precious money to make it. They're holding Hoodwinked 2 hostage, causing the producers to sue Weinstooge to get them to release the movie... directly to DVD.

Yeah... Henson... GET OUT OF WEINSTINE FAST OR THIS MOVIE WILL NEVER GET MADE!

I hope those jerks go bankrupt.

Luke

Reaction score
"?" with Jarrod Fairclough: What the heck is going on with the Fraggle Rock Movie?

http://themuppetmindset.blogspot.com/2010/10/with-jarrod-fairclough-what-is-going-on.html
I've got a feeling it will never be made with Weinstein and Henson will go back and re-develop it with someone they more traditionally co-produce with. Too many people involved in this who claim to "get" the Fraggles, but really see it as just another pop culture brand. I can see the roads they are trying to go down with it, and they are the kinda roads you need to go down to make something like this popular now days (like lookin at the music side, cameo side etc) and asking for "edgy" doesn't neccasarily mean "Avenue Q", it's probably more they feel the Fraggle concept would seem a little slow moving/deep for todays kids and they need to make something they can connect with easily and buy into. But .... if you do a deal to make a Fraggle movie, then for the most part you need to stay true to the Fraggle concept and characters or there's no point doing it, and they should understand that or they might as well just go and invent some new brand.

I definitely think something "Fraggle" could work today, you only have to look at Karen Prell's appearances that the energy and presence is still there with the characters. Red can still hold her own and get people joining in, laughing and interacting.

Luke

Reaction score
Today, we've got a video of Prawnie sacrificing his dignity and his circulation to review Muppet Silly Bandz, proving that we at The Muppet Mindset are certifiably insane and will do anything for our readers.

http://themuppetmindset.blogspot.com/2010/10/muppet-silly-bandz-youtube-review.html
Excellent video, i laughed myself silly at the impressions. Not sure i get the Silly Bandz concept, and not sure anyone actually does, but i really liked Sam The Eagle.

Great work Ryan and Muppet Mindset crew!

Drtooth

Reaction score
I've got a feeling it will never be made with Weinstein and Henson will go back and re-develop it with someone they more traditionally co-produce with. Too many people involved in this who claim to "get" the Fraggles, but really see it as just another pop culture brand. I can see the roads they are trying to go down with it, and they are the kinda roads you need to go down to make something like this popular now days (like lookin at the music side, cameo side etc) and asking for "edgy" doesn't neccasarily mean "Avenue Q", it's probably more they feel the Fraggle concept would seem a little slow moving/deep for todays kids and they need to make something they can connect with easily and buy into. But .... if you do a deal to make a Fraggle movie, then for the most part you need to stay true to the Fraggle concept and characters or there's no point doing it, and they should understand that or they might as well just go and invent some new brand.

I definitely think something "Fraggle" could work today, you only have to look at Karen Prell's appearances that the energy and presence is still there with the characters. Red can still hold her own and get people joining in, laughing and interacting.
Re-read my post above.

Weinstine is stalling for time before they completely give up on the matter. They do NOT want to use whatever money they have left to make any move what so ever, and the stunts they've pulled with Hoodwinked 2 (which actually makes me GLAD the Fraggle film hasn't been in production yet... it would get a "who cares?" DVD release) go to prove my point. I really hope there isn't some idiotic contractual thing that keeps them from leaping on the Lionsgate like a lion on a gazelle carcass.

The "edginess" thing seems like a complete and utter ploy. There's no way they'll get this into production if they keep ordering a set of phony baloney rewrites. That's their plan. To make them think there's progress, when all they're doing its waiting it out so they don't have to spend any of the money they have left (if they even HAVE any). Weinstine was Henson's partner back several years ago when all they contributed was making little CGI kiddy flicks. Lionsgate has been a strong partner. If not making new projects yet, then releasing the back catalog of older specials and projects owned by Henson... much better than even Disney and SW have been doing. I say, jump ship... go to Lionsgate... let Weinstine go under.

Aaron

Reaction score
So Ryan i have an idea for an article(or perhaps a series of them) How about Muppet Fan Testamonials? Stories of how people became muppet fans, what the first production they saw was. Etc.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
So Ryan i have an idea for an article(or perhaps a series of them) How about Muppet Fan Testamonials? Stories of how people became muppet fans, what the first production they saw was. Etc.
I LOVE this idea, Aaron! It would make a PERFECT series for the Mindset. Would you like to kick off the series with your own testimonial? This is such a fun idea! :big_grin: