1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

The Muppet Mindset

Discussion in 'On the Web' started by theprawncracker, Aug 26, 2009.

1. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

2. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

That was a good article. However, I don't think he's Marty Robinson's best-known character; I feel that his popularity is equal to that of Mr. Snuffleupagus, though I think Snuffy has been on the show less in recent years.

Telly is underrated, but it seems he's less underrated than Herry Monster or Prairie Dawn. Telly had featured roles in both movies, while the other two didn't. He was in Big Bird in China and Don't Eat the Pictures, but not the other two (though it seems like Prairie didn't really become a main character until the early 1990s).

I feel like I had another comment to make, but I can't remember what it was. I noticed that these weekly character profiles have a "why we need..." section. Considering this, I'd like to see you make an article on a more obscure character, like Lips, Mahna Mahna, or Angus McGonacle (he seems to be a favorite of yours, considering you've asked about him in a few interviews).
  3. APRena

APRena New Member

I've always liked Telly. He's so much like me (obessive, worrier, addicted to television...) and I loved that when I was a kid. One Easter I got a small Telly beanie-baby-esque thing and I still have it. :) He does need more merchandise, though.

No one can dislike Telly, there's a bit of him (or more in my case) in everyone, and that's what makes him so lovable.
  4. theprawncracker

There's a good chance of this at some point... but major characters are just so much easier. :p But I'll probably do more lesser knowns later on down the line.

Also... a little exciting moment for me. JHC's Twitter feed posted a link to the Mindset's Halloween costume review earlier today. I did a little fan-boy dance. :D
  5. theprawncracker

6. RedPiggy

RedPiggy Well-Known Member

Ick. Though, I must admit, the article made me nearly pee myself from laughter.
  7. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

Great article. Found myself laughing out loud.
  8. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Haha! Awww! I loved the articles (Who knew that inside Prawnie was a jaded anti-hood-mask monster?) and laughed out loud in my academic library (Tsk you, Prawnie!) but I did think maybe some of the hood-masks could have been excused...Personally, I never felt that they were eating the people and it just made sense to use them that way, after all, who wants to go out to a party and spend the entire night behind a sweaty face-mask where no one can even see your face or face expressions? Hmm...Perhaps I just don't under into the Spirit of things :p

Grover was especially cool :D

-Beau
  9. theprawncracker

10. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Mmm... Nice to see another artist joining the ranks. Two little nitpicks though. The JHH character's name is Codzilla, not Godzilla. Also, Gloat—named as such—is from The Great Santa Claus Switch. Other than that I await next week's round-up.
  11. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Wow, those are beautiful! Not to sound redundant, but that Beautiful Day Monster is beautiful!
  12. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

David - those drawings are gorgeous. I can't wait for Uncle Deadly and Sweetums!

Gloat was heavily featured on and most known for his background roles on the Muppet Show. They got it right. Also, the picture does say Codzilla, but the caption says Godzilla. I'd likely have made that error, but it's an easy fix. ;) Thanks Ryan for giving us a fantastic fan-art Friday!
  13. theprawncracker

Thanks for pointing out the Codzilla error Ed and Jamie--I guess I was just in a Godzilla mindset for some reason. :p It has been fixed! Glad you guys are enjoying it! David will be pleased! :D
  14. theprawncracker

15. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

I have said it before and I will say it again. I love the Mindset
  16. theprawncracker

17. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

... Hey, I added that Bert and Ernie with rubber duckie and Bernice picture to Muppet Wiki!

Is proud to have had his first contribution to the Muppet Mindset posted. :)
  18. RedPiggy

RedPiggy Well-Known Member

I can't really think of any other fanfic-related ones (though there is that one I just sent that mentions mine but in a broader context). I decided not to finish off that survey because I don't have time to read all the ones mentioned and no one seemed to agree much.

However, if the mood strikes me, I'll try to draw some sketches for that theme park article I did so poor Prawnie can have something visual. Otherwise, I'm kinda stuck for article ideas (and school has been in the way lately).
  19. theprawncracker

20. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

*After reading the article... Oh come on Prawn. A voice-activated multidirectional arrow developed by Muppet Labs is less believable than Cary Elways's Patriot arrow? Or the chicken-plucking Pillowmaker 8000? *Nod to Mid-Age Crisis.
    Since I haven't (can't) read the comics I'll take your word for the rest of the review. Looking forward to how it wraps up next Monday though.