1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

The Muppet Movement: 50 States 50 calls to Disney

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by dwayne1115, Sep 17, 2014.

1. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

I think bootleg copies of seasons 4 and 5 kind of defeat to purpose of the movement.

Muppet Master likes this.
  2. fozzieisfunny

fozzieisfunny Well-Known Member

Okay.

3. dwayne1115

We now have a blog!!!!!!!

This is my first attempt at a blog so it's in it's kind of a rough draft to what I really want. If anyone wants to help with this please let me know.

http://themuppetmovement.weebly.com/

4. fozzieisfunny

Hey! That gave me an idea. On my blog, themuppetfan.blogspot.com, I'll do a blog post about the Movement!

5. dwayne1115

6. JimAndFrank

JimAndFrank Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, I'm not able to make a call considering I'm on the other side of the world. However, I have promoted this movement on both Twitter and Tumblr!

So if any fellow members are on either site, please look up @123Hillsy or hillsy4077 and retweet or re-post so we can advertise this thing!

7. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

Awesome, maybe we could even get celebrities involved in this, but for now we are progressing great.

8. fozzieisfunny

Yeah, maybe some of the Muppeteers. I may know a celebrity who would want to get his face into this... Actually, I definitely know that I have a celebrity we could have in this. :) Hehe..

9. Muppet Master

Who is it, we could have star power.

10. fozzieisfunny

PM me. It'll be a secret between you and moi.

dwayne1115 and Muppet Master like this.
  11. David French

David French Active Member

Normally I am a very calm poster on the internet. On this occasion DON'T BLOODY WELL DO SUCH A RIDICULOUS THING!!!

What exactly is this going to achieve? Answer: nothing except the ire of the Walt Disney Company.

I understand that fans are exasperated at the lack of news about a potential release of the final two seasons of TMS, however bombarding a production company with phone calls is not the way to go. I would politely ask that this "movement" and its members re-think their strategy. Your idea is dumb. Very dumb.

Duke Remington likes this.
  12. dwayne1115

Wow!

You could have been a little more nice about this first off. I take this movement and idea very seriously, and I do think that it will do some good to at least try. I have seen movements like this work in the past. Sure it was with different companies, but I honestly believe that Disney will listen to what the fans really want. It may take time, but I think it will really work.

On a personal note, when you call one of my ideas dumb it is as if you are calling me dumb as well. As a senior and some what well respected member of this forum I would highly recommend that when sharing your opinion you choose your words a little better. One mission of Jim Henson's and the Muppets that this forum tries to uphold is that of tolerance, and respect of others. You would do well to remember that when your bashing another persons ideas to the ground. You may not like my idea, and that is fine and I can respect that. However you do not need to call my idea, me or any members of this movement dumb.

Thank you for your input, and have a good day!

13. misspiggy5260

misspiggy5260 Well-Known Member

It may not be the way to go but we're gonna try anyways. In case you're new, us muppet fans are absolutely downright CRAZY. When we call Disney we're most likely going to be connected to different people. All it's gonna take is someone with the power and the guts to bring it up and get the two seasons that we want out in stores. Because after all.... if just one person believes in you deep enough and strong enough believes in you... anything is possible. Now, There was absolutely no reason to calls Dwayne's (lovely by the way;)) idea dumb! He's one of the best members on this forum in my opinion. He's always been there for the younger members and treated us like his little siblings. I don't know you, nor do I have a wish to after your actions in this thread but, like Dwayne, I kindly ask you leave us to do our thing and keep your negative opinion to yourself.

Duke Remington and dwayne1115 like this.
  14. Muppet Master

Look, someone is working hard to get us what we want, and all you want to do is throw rude comments at their face? I suggest if you are going to oppose something, which is perfectly fine, to not go and insult someone and keep cool, thanks.

dwayne1115 likes this.
  15. dwayne1115

Thank you both, your words mean a lot to me.....

16. dwmckim

dwmckim Well-Known Member

I do understand David French's concern and get where he's coming from - if this was done in a very rude and harassing manner, then yes - it would tend to do more harm than good. But this campaign has been very careful to stress keeping calls polite and respectful and will even be providing examples of ways to to just that.

In my life i've been heavily involved with three Save a Show campaigns (and now that Twin Peaks is returning to television in 2016, i now have a 100% success rate :) ) including the infamous Save Farscape campaign (not to mention the fan movement to release complete series dvd sets of Fraggle Rock which goes back to the forum's earliest days) and i know full well that fan movements to influence major company's output are made or broken by the tone/manner in which they're done. Rant like a raving nut and your comments go straight to the circular file; maintain an air of courtesy and professionalism and you can have major impact.

It may not have been expressed in the best way but the concern behind David's post is valid. But the way this campaign is being handled is in a respectful way which can be very influential and powerful as opposed to the Mad Rabid Fanboy way David was picturing and trying to warn about.

17. dwayne1115

Thank you from someone who has done things like this before your kind words mean a lot. I may send you a private message one day to get some advice and see if I'm going in the right direction.

18. fozzieisfunny

David, please calm down! No need to get mad! We're all having a polite discussion about this matter, until you came. This movement is fine the way it is, and once again, you're calling us dumb people if you're saying this movement is dumb. I highly disagree.

Duke Remington and dwayne1115 like this.
  19. Duke Remington

Duke Remington Well-Known Member

I agree.

Even though David could've expressed his opinions in a more polite and professional manner, it's understandable where he's coming from.

I, too, would be concerned that an attempted movement like this could easily end up backfiring, because there will always be some people who prefer to stay in rabid lunatic fanboy mode (ignoring the rules and suggestions that they be polite when contacting the company, since it's easier to catch flies with sugar than with vinegar) than at least try to be polite and express their concerns and disappointments in a courteous, rational and professional manner. One bad apple could easily throw the whole thing off track, so it's best to be watchful.

20. dwayne1115

I honestly do understand the concern, but at least we are trying. I'm sure that there will be some tough times throughout this movement, but we have to try. I personally feel it is doing an injustice to Jim and everyone else who worked so hard on the last two seasons for people not be be able to watch the show in it's entirety. I also feel like so many others that it is an injustice to us Muppet fans who love The Muppet Show to not be able to own a copy of all the seasons.
    This honestly may be the wrong way to go about it, but I'm tired of just sitting on the sidelines, and nothing being done to let Disney know that fans want the Muppet Show.