1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

The Muppet Movement: 50 States 50 calls to Disney

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by dwayne1115, Sep 17, 2014.

1. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

That being said if anyone has any other ideas then please feel free to share them.

2. dwayne1115

Here is our second Video!

TheWeirdoGirl and misspiggy5260 like this.
  3. dwayne1115

If you could not tell from the video, today was the first time I (Dwayne Fletcher) called Disney at 1800-723-4763. The call went very well lasting almost 12 minutes which includes hold time. I was on hold for about five to six minutes(which think is good for a major movie studio) Then I spoke to a very professional lady who's name I can't recall. Now something that I found very interesting and go...od is that they wanted to know who I was and where I was calling from. When you call don't let that throw you off, because the reason they are doing that is seeing who is interested and where they are living. They will not flood your e-mail, and cell phones with Spam it is strictly for research. That is also why it is really important that we have as many people from as many different states calling on November 3ed. As for me I'm going to try and slowly start calling Disney now at least once a week, and then after Nov, 3ed try and call every other day. The Movement has begun!

Duke Remington and Muppet Master like this.
  4. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

What did you say during your call, did you mention that this was a movement.

5. dwayne1115

I honestly forgot to mention the movement. I was so nervous being my first call and everything. I basically asked if that was the right number to call, and asked for them to release the Muppet Show Season 4. She was like don't we have some of them, and I said yes 1-3 but not the last two. The conversation was very pleasant overall. I just wished I remembered to mention the movement.

Duke Remington likes this.
  6. Muppet Master

So even the Disney workers are oblivious of this, most probably think TMS only had three seasons.

dwayne1115 likes this.
  7. dwayne1115

That very well maybe, or it could just be the general knowledge of the public.Either way as a movement we need to correct that idea, and show everyone that the Muppet Show has way more to offer then the first three seasons.
    Also something I was thinking about when you call Disney, and they ask for your E-mail address give them the Muppet Movement's one. themuppetmovement@gmail.com that will be a great ice breaker into what the movement is and is about.

Duke Remington and Muppet Master like this.
  8. dwayne1115

We have a E-mail address: themuppetmovement@gmail.com

We have a Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Muppet-Movement/279976588876651?ref=bookmarks

We have a YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqRKoIrCRWideXFOpgrkRGw

We have a Blog (That needs work): http://themuppetmovement.blogspot.com/

And now we are on Twitter: @Muppetmovement!

We are trying our best to make ourselves known on the social media to get our message out. So please add, subscribe, follow, join, comment and retweet to help us do that!
    Just like Kermit needed more frogs, and dogs, and chickens for Manhattan Melodies in "The Muppets Take Manhattan" We need all of you to help us get the word out about the movement and it's mission. Together we can do this!

9. dwmckim

dwmckim Well-Known Member

Not that surprised that the person who answered the phone thought all the TMS eppys were out; typically you're speaking with a receptionist, secretary, or customer service rep who doesn't have all the specific details of product, releases.

dwayne1115 likes this.
  10. dwayne1115

11. Muppet Master

Great details, maybe we should all call different departments, if possible, so everyone at Disney can hear about what we are doing.

12. dwayne1115

Humm maybe, but not at first. I think at least a month load of calls to the general reps, and then maybe some to the other departments. I would think that once anyone started talking about it they would transfer you there anyways.

13. dwayne1115

I'm sitting here thinking, and trying to brain storm about how to make the Movement grow. We have a lot of support, but I think we need something more, something bigger bolder and loud. I just don't know what it could be....Any thoughts?

14. TwoHeadedLlama

TwoHeadedLlama Active Member

Which states do you have so far?

15. dwayne1115

16. Muppet Master

You know it may be a long shot, but I was thinking some of us could stand on the street and hand people muppet movement flyers, probably not efficient, but it would be cool, and fozzieisfunny knows a celebrity, though he can not contact him.

17. dwayne1115

Humm that sounds interesting....We would need to design some bussness like cards with The Muppet movement on one side and then our mission on the other side. It is a long shot but, it would get the movement out there.

18. Muppet Master

Though the problem is that we are not all in one area, if we were we could protest on the streets somewhere, and maybe get this on the news, also how far are we state wise, have we reached all the states?

19. dwayne1115

The state list has not changed much at all in the last few weeks. The only state we can add is Arizona. that's at least 10 to 13 states out of 50 which for a start is not bad.

20. Duke Remington

Duke Remington Well-Known Member

Since the most likely reason for the delay in the releases is music rights issues, this movement needs to be forwarded to all the song owners and celebrity estates as well to get them to grant Disney the licenses.

dwayne1115 likes this.