The Muppet Movie 30th Anniversary at BAM

Mike Johnson

Reaction score
Yeah, its sold out according to the theater. I'm annoyed at myself for forgetting to order the tickets.

If anyone has any extras for Muppets 201, please feel free to shoot me an email or post here!

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Man I would love to see something like this, I will in my lifetime.

MelissaY1

Reaction score
It was a fun time. From the board here, the people I recognized and chatted with was Stulz and Ploobis. It was so great to finally see The Muppet Movie on the big screen with an audience and the Muppet 201 clips were great!

Unfortunately Frank Oz was supposed to be in attendance but couldn't make it but Craig Shemin did a wonderful job of hosting like he always does. It was a great night. Very tired today though since I didn't get back home until after midnight....

Mike Johnson

Reaction score
Melissa, when you have a chance, could you let us know what the clips from Muppets 201 were and if there was any talk of new projects?

Thanks and no rush!

MelissaY1

Reaction score
Melissa, when you have a chance, could you let us know what the clips from Muppets 201 were and if there was any talk of new projects?

Thanks and no rush!
I'm not sure how much detail I can get into because Craig Shemin mentioned that being this was the first public screening of this particular collection of clips he didn't want too much information out there. But I guess it's ok to say there was a mix of clips from Muppet projects we have either seen, have seen clips from in various Henson tribute shows/specials, early clips and various variety show appearances. I know that's very vague but I don't want to cause any problems.

ploobis

Reaction score
Yesterday was AWESOME! :smile:

I had so much fun at the screenings! And for those of you who were there, I was the one with the tan Electric Mayhem T-Shirt. :big_grin:

I met some of the people from Tough Pigs and I got see Melisa Y again.

This is the second time I've seen The Muppet Movie on the big screen! The last time I saw it on the big screen was at the Long Island Muppets Music & Magic event in 2007.

Craig Shemin did a great job with the new Muppets 201 Compilation! He should also be credited as a editor, Because he did such a great job with putting all those wonderful rare clips!

I t was a great night for everybody who was there!

MelissaY1

Reaction score
Yesterday was AWESOME! :smile:

I had so much fun at the screenings! And for those of you who were there, I was the one with the tan Electric Mayhem T-Shirt. :big_grin:

I met some of the people from Tough Pigs and I got see Melisa Y again.

This is the second time I've seen The Muppet Movie on the big screen! The last time I saw it on the big screen was at the Long Island Muppets Music & Magic event in 2007.

Craig Shemin did a great job with the new Muppets 201 Compilation! He should also be credited as a editor, Because he did such a great job with putting all those wonderful rare clips!

I t was a great night for everybody who was there!
I agree, the editing was top notch!

ploobis

Reaction score
Before they ran Time Piece and The Muppet Movie, Craig Shemin asked how many people in the audience did not see TMM and I was kinda shocked to see that four or five people raised their hand!

But hey, They finally got to see the best Muppet Movie ever! :smile:

Stulz

Reaction score
Halloween Special

Thanks and no rush!
The clips were great, the movie was great, although I think the framing was a little off, and the sold out audience was great.

Craig didn't really talk about any upcoming things other then there are actually two Muppet movies being prepped. as many know, Jason Segal is writing one and there is actually another script being developed by someone else (no, Craig did not go into any more detail). He didn't know which one would make it out first or when.

Expect Muppet Show Season 4 sometime in 2010.

The only other production Craig mentioned was the Halloween special and sadly, he didn't think it was coming this fall. He mentioned they hadn't shot it yet, and didn't think they would be able to get it together in time.

I guess the moral of these is to be patient and stay tuned!

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Stulz said:
The only other production Craig mentioned was the Halloween special and sadly, he didn't think it was coming this fall. He mentioned they hadn't shot it yet, and didn't think they would be able to get it together in time.
*frowns* That's disappointing... Shoot. I was really excited for that one too. Ah well... hopefully we'll see something else very soon.