"The Muppet Movie" soundtrack may be re-released

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I'll wait for something a little more official before I get to exited.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Um...this really isn't a rumor. It's a tweet from the Muppet Movie's songwriter! He just appears to have jumped the gun before Disney could make the announcement. :wink: This information likely stems from residual negotiations. I don't think it's too soon to celebrate. :big_grin:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Um...this really isn't a rumor. It's a tweet from the Muppet Movie's songwriter! He just appears to have jumped the gun before Disney could make the announcement. :wink: This information likely stems from residual negotiations. I don't think it's too soon to celebrate. :big_grin:

So they'd have to renegotiate residuals? I would think his residuals would be the same as old releases of the soundtrack. But whether they'd have to renegotiate the residuals for the rerelease, I wonder if they'd have to let them know of the rerelease.

I hope he didn't confuse the question about the soundtrack and think they asked about the blu-ray, which we know about. But when GMC and MTI get blu-ray releases that those soundtracks will be rereleased (too bad Sony wouldn't rerelease the MTM soundtrack with the blu-ray release).

jvcarroll

Reaction score
So they'd have to renegotiate residuals? I would think his residuals would be the same as old releases of the soundtrack. But whether they'd have to renegotiate the residuals for the rerelease, I wonder if they'd have to let them know of the rerelease.

I hope he didn't confuse the question about the soundtrack and think they asked about the blu-ray, which we know about. But when GMC and MTI get blu-ray releases that those soundtracks will be rereleased (too bad Sony wouldn't rerelease the MTM soundtrack with the blu-ray release).
:embarrassed: I think everyone on this thread is over-thinking things. I don't know the specifics of Williams' contract or if Disney had to inform him of the reissue, but it's evident that they did. :wink: Why else would he make such a statement on Twitter? When has Paul Williams given people a reason to believe he's absent minded or to doubt his word? :confused::eek:

:attitude: As for residuals, we all know how hard it's been to secure the music contained in the Muppet Show. :grr: I don't know how the partnership works between songwriters and the movie studios.

:search: However, it's a new ballgame with itunes and digital distribution. Many artists and music studios have taken large pay cuts in order to publish their songs on itunes. Some stars, like Garth Brooks, still refuse to digitally publish for that reason. This marks the first time that the Muppet Movie soundtrack will be officially distributed online. The fact that negotiations took place seems like a no-brainer. :halo:

Status
Not open for further replies.