Video: "The Muppet Movie - The (Nearly) 35th Anniversary Edition" coming to Blu-Ray in 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Great news! Here's hoping this movie finally gets the home video treatment it deserves. The Muppets Go Hollywood should definitely be a bonus feature on it because that's where it belongs (I don't see a special promoting the movie being released on it's own), just saying.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I haven't seen the video, (Youtube problems) but I can't be more excited!!
This is so awesome, I will be making sure that I buy a Blu-Ray sometime in the next months, maybe I can convince my family to get one for Christmas time. There's no way you can live without a Blu-Ray player with all this excitement going on.

ftnpro

Reaction score
Seeing it with Blu-Ray quality is exciting (even with the imperfections of a decades-old negative). And hopefully with good extras. Will we see "Can we get a grasshopper for the frog?" Can't wait!

Drtooth

Reaction score
This looks official, but I can't really trust the fact that there's no date. Yet the footage does look genuinely high definition.

I hope this doesn't play movie promotion chicken like everything else does. " We're going to release it closer to the movie, but then we aren't because that somehow causes confusion, so we won't release it until the DVD of the movie, but we don't want it out selling that movie so we'll sell it later on, but then it won't have the privilege of being part of the movie promotion, so we'll have it on the back burner until next time..." where they start the dang process all over again.

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
This looks official, but I can't really trust the fact that there's no date. Yet the footage does look genuinely high definition.
I'm a little wary, too. Searching both Google and YouTube turns up zilch. All the results relate to The Muppets or MCC.

I hope it's true. Especially if it means GMC and MTUI aren't far behind.

askurow

Reaction score
ATTENTION DISNEY EXECUTIVES: Please, Please, PLEASE: Use a newly transferred negative or clean and corrected print. The versions of this movie that have been out in the past are deplorable. The DVD/VHS releases are truly the worst prints of any movie from it's time, and there is no excuse for it. If it comes out on Blu Ray looking and sounding like it has previously, the Muppet fans will go haywire. Please spend the money and do it right, this is your franchise and a legacy we're talking about. Of course we want bonuses and deleted edits (like "Grasshopper for the frog" or "(gasp) a gun," that don't exist on the video reissues, but my biggest complaint is that the film looks and sounds so much older than it should. Please start combing the vault for a better master of this film, we know it exists. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.