The Muppet Newsflash's Fan Art Calendar Contest

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
The Muppet Newsflash is proud to announce their first ever contest! We are calling all artists, of all abilities and styles, to submit their best Muppet fan art. We want to showcase the talents of Muppet fans around the world by creating the first ever Muppet Fan Art Calendar. 2008 is quickly approaching (there are just 50 days left in '07) and we want to create a calendar for the fans by the fans. The calendar, featuring twelve original fan creations, will be available for purchase online starting in January. Each month will feature artwork and graphics made by fans just like you.

So we are calling for all artists and graphic makers to submit their best Muppet-themed artwork. Images will be selected by a panel of expert judges, and the twelve most creative images will featured in the calendar. Art work can be based on The Muppets, Sesame Street, Fraggle Rock, The Dark Crystal or any other Jim Henson creation(s). All the nitty-gritty details for the contest can be found on the official 2008 Fan Art Calendar Contest page. We want this calendar to represent entire fan community, and encourage all artists of all ages and abilities to send in their personal creations.

Submissions must be submitted by December 31, 2007 at 11:59pm. You can submit pre-existing artwork that you've made – however all artwork must be your own creations. Please don't think you need to be Monet to submit a graphic or two, or three, or twelve for the contest. Send your submissions to gelflingwaldo@yahoo.com (be sure to put "Muppet Fan Art Calendar Contest" in the subject line).

The winners will be notified on January 1, 2008 and the calendar will become available sometime in the first week of January. I'll be sure to keep you all updated as the contest develops. So get your box of crayons and a sheet of construction paper (or whatever art medium you prefer to work in), or go dig through your portfolio of your greatest fan creations, and send in your best Muppet art! Good luck!

Luke

Reaction score
What a fantastic idea, well done! Can't wait to buy one!

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
What a fantastic idea, well done! Can't wait to buy one!
Thanks. I hope we get a lot of submissions here. The Muppet community has so many talented people with a real love for the Muppets and Jim's work. I hope we get broad and diverse selection of artists to send in work.

My only regret is not having coming up with this idea a month or two earlier (so we could be ordering the calendars around Thanksgiving and have them available for Christmas)... eh, maybe next year we'll start things earlier .

But I can't wait to get my hands on the final product. It should be a highlight of my 2008 wall decor. This should be something great - for the fans by the fans!

Should I try?
Well, I think you should. :wink:

MrsPepper

Reaction score
This is a fantastic idea! As soon as I saw it I went to check out the Newsflash for details. I will definitely be participating, and I think it's such a great idea!

Erine81981

Reaction score
This is going to be one fun contest. I can't wait to buy one myself. :smile: :big_grin: :excited:

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
Alrighty, I am sooo in!
I guess I can try!

If Peppy's in...are yah game, suga?

Bwahaha!

I'm joshin' with yah.

This is gonna be quite a contest!

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
This is SO exciting, I'm not an artist, but I appreciate the work of others so I will most definately be buying one!