1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

The Muppet Newsflash's Fan Art Calendar Contest

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by GelflingWaldo, Nov 11, 2007.

1. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

feeew... i JUST submited my Muppet entrie today! sad i know lol but better in late, or LAST min., then never! ;) CAN'T wait to buy one of these! :excited:

2. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

DARN! I missed the deadline. **hides behind a small rock** Darn... well, I'll just post my stuff on my blog or something. >< **is super embarrased**

3. a_Mickey_Muppet

any NEW or Winners yet? :confused: :excited:

4. KermieBaby47

KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

Oh crud! I completely forgot about this! :cry: December was a very busy month for our family.

Next time fer sure.
    :)

5. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

I sent mine off 2 minutes before the 11:59 EST deadline *whew*

I can't wait to see all of your guy's entries! I'm glad GelflingWaldo did this, as I needed an excuse to divert my art toward Muppety things.

6. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

I can't wait to see it!

7. Erine81981

Erine81981 Well-Known Member

Me too. Can't wait to see everyone's art and don't care who or if i win at all. I'm not one of those who cares if he wins or loses. Just as long as everyone gets to see my art.

8. MarieIsabella

MarieIsabella Member

Can't Wait for the Results!

Hey everyone:)

Its been a while since I have been on but I am so excited about this fan Calendar, It is such a great idea and I can't wait to see it!

Good luck to everyone who entered:)

Luckily I was able to find my favorite fan art 5 minutes before the deadline!

9. Fragglemuppet

Fragglemuppet Well-Known Member

I've gotta be honest; at this rate I'm wondering if there was even enough art sent in to hold such a contest, or even make a calendar! Well, here's hoping there was, and good luck to everyone.

10. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

Contest Update!

We had an outstanding response to this contest - more than 30 unique and talented artists sent in their artwork. Our panel of 5 "expert" judges spent the last two days looking over the artwork and have picked the top 12 submissions. Winners are currently being notified and the calendar should be available for the entire community sometime this weekend – so be sure to keep checking the Muppet Newsflash (http://muppetnewsflash.blogspot.com) for more information and to get your calendar once the big announcement is posted!

We really appreciate all the enthusiasm and participation in this community project. We are proud to be able to showcase the artistic talents of those inspired by the works of Jim Henson; hopefully this collection of fan art will help inspire other fans and bring members of the community together.

11. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

Thanks!

I just updated my blog with my "entry that never was" (a.k.a. didn't submit) and I would love any and all feedback. Please check it out!

http://sneezyspice.blogspot.com/

Also congratulations to the people who were chosen, I can't wait to see the winners!

12. Erine81981

I loved it Mrs. P. That was an awsome peice of art. I wished you could have sent it in on time. I saved it as "Mrs. Pepper's Fan Art" in my folders of Other's Muppet Art.

13. Pork

Pork Active Member

Yeah, that's a really nice drawing.

14. redBoobergurl

redBoobergurl Well-Known Member

Awww, that is so cute Mrs. P! I would've loved to have seen it in the calendar, but I understand how things go sometimes. Thanks for still sharing it with us!

15. a_Mickey_Muppet

16. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

17. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

Aww, that's adorable PepperySpice!

And HILLARIOUS a_Mickey_Muppet! I love it! :excited: Great work everyone! Can't wait to see the final product!

18. Erine81981

Another wonderful awsome peice of art Mickey Muppet. Funny too.

Edit: I also saved that one too.

19. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I wish you'd entered that. It's fantastic. Reminds me a little of Karen Prell's Fraggle drawings. Great job and so emotive with the characters too! :excited:

20. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

Jamie, I had it done well before the deadline but going home for the holidays and such sort of messed things up and I couldn't enter it (though I was pretty much settled on entering it as it appears on my blog, without a background). Comparing my drawing to that of Karen Prell, I'm flattered. Thank you so much! :excited:

Kyle, Pork, Beth, Beau, Prawnie, Jamie etc. Glad you guys like it! Thanks alot for the feedback. **big hugs**

Wow, really cute and funny! I love it.