The Muppet Show airs daily in Toronto starting September 1st

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The UK sketch was the song "Dog Eat Dog" by Baskerville & Rowlf. It will appear about halfway through the show.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
No, I don't think they showed it which doesn't surprise me. I'm hoping that maybe Family Channel will pick the show up nationally if it does well on CTS (Muppets Tonight was on Family for a few years). Family is commercial-free so they would likely run the unedited shows.

Lu775

Reaction score
Phillip Chapman said:
The UK sketch was the song "Dog Eat Dog" by Baskerville & Rowlf. It will appear about halfway through the show.
Nope, we didn't get the UK sketch. (They needed the room to air all their commercials.)
How can you tell the original first season theme song from later versions?
Lemme know, and I'll tell you which version we're seeing.

Lu775

Reaction score
Nope, we're not seeing that original theme, with Fozzie's joke.
We're getting the theme with a Statdler and Waldorf crack, the normal arches, and Gonzo blowing a trumpet (with a different gag each time).

DrummerMan

Reaction score
Eureka!

Ok... here's an offer for all of you Canadian Muppet Heads out there. I already have about 57 episodes of The Muppet Show on tape, and have converted them to DVD. If anyone is willing to record the rest for me, and ship them to me, I'll pay for the tapes, the shipping, and send you a full set of DVDs when I'm done converting all of them. I'd be especially happy if you were one of those dilegent people who were already recording them, and had the Jim Nabors and Sandy Duncan episodes (both of which I don't have yet).

Any takers can email me at sellis@runbox.com.

dbarrie

Reaction score
Unfortunately, none of these UK sketches will air on CTS. :sympathy: I've personally never seen any of the UK sketches, except for the ones from Muppets Tonight that aired on Family Channel (Cdn. version); all MT eps. were uncut and unedited w/ no commercials! :sing:

I also wanted to mention that the openings are not how I had remembered them when I first watched them twenty-something years ago. The 1st season eps. are airing now, w/ the re-edited/remade openings, sans Fozzie, the 1st appearance of each guest, and the key change in the theme song. :eek:

Apart from that complaint and criticism, it's still fun to watch the old TMS shows again. :smile:

Phillip Chapman said:
For those of you in Toronto, how was last night's episode? Was the Uk sketch included? Or by some miracle the original first season theme? Any other interesting edits or comments on the presentation of the show?

Animal03

Reaction score
MY VCR must be in shock, it hasn't seen this much work in a long time since I bought my DVD player. As the colder weather approaches and as it gets dark out earlier I'll sit here and manually record the episodes. I'm finding the commercials to be a drag.

I have the Jim Nabors and Sandy Duncan on tape now. :smile: I think as time goes on I will be selective in what I tape, I'll go broke buying tapes every week!

As the others have said, it sure has been great seeing this back on TV again after 20 some odd years. I feel like a kid all over again.

dbarrie

Reaction score
Correction + Update

It looks like that some of the UK sketches may appear on CTS after all. I take back what I wrote earlier about all the UK sketches being cut from the Toronto broadcasts. On Friday night they showed the Joel Grey ep., w/ Rowlf's sketch as Sherlock Holmes included ("The Case of the Disappearing Clues"). It turned out to be one of that episode's highlights!

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Did the Joel Grey episode include Pachalafaka?