The Muppet Show back on Danish TV!

Animal

Reaction score
Hey! :smile:
OK...this is just a note to the few Danes in here..but I am so excited!
The Muppet Show will be back on Danish TV after 13 years!!! Every Thursday at 5.40 pm. This will be a part of the daily "Gyldne Timer" (Golden Hours) on DR2, a program where they show lots of stuff from the archives from the 50´s till the 90´s. The first episode will be with Peter Sellers, so I don´t think they´ll show every episode, but it´s great just to see the show back on the air. Just to let the other Danes know...! :smile:

-Hans :halo: :halo: :halo:

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
That's wonderful news Hans. Do you think the episodes will be uncut with UK skits?

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
now let's hope the US can just get some episodes showing again :wink:

Animal

Reaction score
I´m not sure about if they will be uncut or not...there are few skits I remember seeing as a kid, but most of them I´ve only seen many years after, when I started on my video collection. But according to the tv-guides, the shows will be 25 minutes, so I guess so!

muppet_dk

Reaction score
:excited: Thanks Hans thats just great news. :excited:
I was actually thinking to write DR and asking them to use "Gyldne Timer" for that purpuse.
But I guess that my mental powers are stronger than I knew

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
Do you know if they'll be in English with subtitles, or in a different language?

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
Boober_Gorg said:
Do you know if they'll be in English with subtitles, or in a different language?
Usually their English Language with dutch subtitles :wink:

Animal

Reaction score
Hey muppet_dk,
I was just looking at DR2´s schedules over the next month, and Muppet Show will be on every Thursday at 17.40(5.40 pm), so we will at least see 4 episodes,(including Peter Sellers as mentioned before, Peter Ustinov & Raquel Welch) but hopefully many more!!!
I really am happy that the show is finally back on Danish TV, but I already have all 120 episodes on video, and many of them twice. Fx I have the Peter Sellers in 4 different versions/editions (US Nick, Holland TV, HMV video & from Time Life dvd) but none from Danish TV...so it will be fun to get them with Danish subtitles this time!!!

muppet_dk

Reaction score
MuppetDanny said:
Usually their English Language with dutch subtitles :wink:
Nope its not with Dutch subtitles but with Danish subtitles :smile:

Animal said:
Hey muppet_dk,
I was just looking at DR2´s schedules over the next month, and Muppet Show will be on every Thursday at 17.40(5.40 pm), so we will at least see 4 episodes,(including Peter Sellers as mentioned before, Peter Ustinov & Raquel Welch) but hopefully many more!!!
I really am happy that the show is finally back on Danish TV, but I already have all 120 episodes on video, and many of them twice. Fx I have the Peter Sellers in 4 different versions/editions (US Nick, Holland TV, HMV video & from Time Life dvd) but none from Danish TV...so it will be fun to get them with Danish subtitles this time!!!
One can only hope that they got all 120 episodes. I really hope that they will show some of the shows that haven't been released on either VHS or DVD yet.
I also got the HMV set, but hope that my VCR will arrive later tonight in working condition so I can record the episode.

Animal

Reaction score
Yes...I also hope that we´ll see some that hasn´t been released on vhs or dvd yet, but I doubt it! :boo:
There are only 3 episodes I still not have complete uncutted, (Linda Lavin, Phyllis George & Jean-Pierre Rampal). All 3 episodes is missing the UK Skits, although I´ve seen the Linda Lavin UK Skit on henson.com :smile:
So of course these 3 episodes will be on my "wish-list", but I doubt that DR2 will show any of these 3 episodes. I think it´s only the best of the best...the same as we all have on either vhs or dvd!
But again...this is better than NOTHING!