The Muppet Show Characters

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Greetings, it is I, the Count von Count!
Hopefully, someone out there can help me out by positively identifying the following characters from the Muppet Show. What I need from you guys is confirmation that the following characters actually appeared on the show with the name they have. Also, there are a few specific questions I hope someone could answer, and if anyone could provide descriptions of what they look like that would be even better. Here's the list provided by both Blue AM, a fellow MC member, and a Sesame/Muppet character website.
Big V: Eats Lenny the Lizard (Rich Little episode)
The Dancing Spunches, or Sponges: Clean up water acts (James Coco episode)
Goldilocks: Tells Ali Baba where her bears are (Marty Feldman episode)
Gorilla: Destroy's Bunsen's laboratory (Avery Schreiber episode)
Is this the same gorilla as Quongo the Wild Mountain Gorilla, or are they two different characters altogether?
Grease Slimy: Wig racer (Marissa Berenson episode)
Hashim: Tourist in Turkey sings "Pachilafaka" (Joel Grey episode)
Herman: Dancing partner of Screaming Girl(Phyllis Diller episode)
Leslie and Warren: Dancing cucumbers (Leslie Ann Warren episode)
Laticia: Female rhinoceros (Jean Stapleton episode), is her name Laticia or Leticia?
Marvin : Guy from "At the Dance" (Julie Andrews episode)
Mrs. Wilson : Female reporter (Rich Little episode)
Screaming Girl: Dancing partner of Herman (Phyllis Diller episode)
Yolanda: Gonzo's Dancing Cheese (Steve Martin episode), is her name Yolanda or Jolanda?
The Gazelles
Luis Greco
The Grasshopper
The Ant
The Tarantula
Duane (What episode of TMS was he in?)
The Muppet Punk Band (Debbie Harry episode)
The Germ
The Chill
The Dancing Monsters (They sang "Your Feet's Too Big")
Boris (a gypsy who appeared with Peter Sellers in the latter's gypsy number)
The Heaps
The Boar
The Half Man (He sang "Something's Missing")
The Piglet
Angus McGregor, was there a character by this name or am I thinking of Angus McGonnicle?
Thanks for all your dedicated help with my Muppet research!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Here's a follow-up question which I forgot to ask. You guys know the Sherlock Holmes UK skit in the Joel Grey episode, right? Well, was the character of the butler played by Gorgon Heap himself? Or was this a completely different character named Fieldling? Thanks for your help.

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Don't recall Duane.

Big V: this was the Gorgon Heap puppet with a different nose. Fielding the Butler was Gorgon Heap with ears instead of horns.

There was an Angus McGregor in Muppet Sports on the Anne Murray episode.

The Gorilla from the Avery Schreiber episode is a man in a gorilla suit; Quongo, from the Debbie Harry episode, is the Gorilla puppet with modified eyes and a wrestling outfit.

Herman: there were actually two characters named Herman, both dancing partners of the Shouting Lady. Neither they nor she were in the Phyllis Diller episode though. The first Herman was in the Ben Vereen episode, the second appeared in the Valerie Harper episode and was named in the Kaye Ballard episode, I think. Shouting Lady first appeared in the Jim Nabors episode, and also appeared in the Florence Henderson, Paul Williams, Harvey Korman, Ben Vereen, Valerie Harper, Twiggy and Kaye Ballard episodes. I think that's all.

Female rhinoceros is Leticia, I believe. That's usually how it's spelled.

It's Grease Lightning, not Greasy Slimy. Grease Lightning is a name often given to a fast car, or at least it was in the musical "Grease".

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you, Gorgon Heap. Got a couple of additional questions for you if you think you can handle them.
1 There are still a few characters left on the list I submitted. Can you confirm that these are actual Muppet characters with those exact names? If possible could you provide either a description of the character's persona or what they looked like?
2 I've got a list of characters from Sesame Street that Blue AM sent me, and I'm looking for help in confirming that list of names as well. Could you help me out with this second group of characters? Please let me know and I'll either post or send you the names. Thanks for your help with my continuous Muppet research!