The Muppet Show Comic Book: The Four Seasons Graphic Novel

Drtooth

Reaction score
They are kind of a disappointing send off, but it really seems like Roger left it open to the next artist and writer, should Boom and Disney have renegotiated the license. They did not, and we got an ambiguous ending. Then again, since it's supposed to be Muppet Show continuity, the Status Quo is God was quite intended.

They're good stories, just the series could have ended at Family Reunion, and it would have been far more satisfying. Of course, I find Muppet Sherlock Holmes a bummer ending to the Muppet classics line. Not that it was bad, but it was so much wasted potential.

Scooterforever

Reaction score
I buy a lot of my books off Amazon, and as much as I want to read more of Langrdige's Muppet stuff, the trades are a little overpriced; check out the current prices for Muppet Mash and Family Reunion:sigh:. I've read "Meet the Muppets" and "Treasure of Peg-Leg Wilson," but I want to read more. I especially like how Langridge treats Scooter as a major character, just like he was on the original show.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Those things are out of print now. No doubt scalpers will jack the price up. before hand, it was actually slightly cheaper to get the trades.

Reactions: j3h

j3h

Reaction score
I buy a lot of my books off Amazon, and as much as I want to read more of Langrdige's Muppet stuff, the trades are a little overpriced; check out the current prices for Muppet Mash and Family Reunion:sigh:. I've read "Meet the Muppets" and "Treasure of Peg-Leg Wilson," but I want to read more.
Unfortunately that is because all the books published by BOOM! are out of print and those last few had lower print runs and shelf life than the earlier books.
The prices are only going to get crazier until marvel or Disney Comics reprints them or makes them available digitally through the Disney Comics App or Comixology.

Through twitter, I mention quite often to @Disneycomics and @comixology that I would love to buy Muppet Show comics digitally to read on my iPad.

Scooterforever

Reaction score
Unfortunately that is because all the books published by BOOM! are out of print and those last few had lower print runs and shelf life than the earlier books.
The prices are only going to get crazier until marvel or Disney Comics reprints them or makes them available digitally through the Disney Comics App or Comixology.

Through twitter, I mention quite often to @Disneycomics and @comixology that I would love to buy Muppet Show comics digitally to read on my iPad.
:sigh:I wish Disney would listen to you and reprint these books so I can buy them at a reasonable cost, but Disney, being Disney, probably won't. Still, thanks for your efforts in trying to get them reprinted.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, trying to get a full descript of the Muppets' illustrated character Miss Tiggy from the Four Seasons comics. Mainly, I'm interested in knowing if she's a tiger-based Muppet as her name leads me to believe. Also, about how tall is she compared to other Muppets—well, I guess the only other Muppet she could be compared to heightwise would be Fozzie since he's the one who's there at the Whatnot Theater. Hope to get a reply soon. :batty:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Miss Tiggy's basically Miss Piggy if she were a tiger. Just replace the pig nose for a big black one the same shape. Looks exactly the same in every other aspect... but orange with stripes.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Okay, thanks, that works for what I needed. BTW: In my fannish-ness I've taken to naming Sam's British bulldog counterpart as "Davey". Some might get that reference, others might not.