The Muppet Show Season 3 arrives May 20, 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
So it IS true! And just in time for my birthday. Wha-hooo!

Also yay for Sylvester Stallone and Alice Cooper episodes! >: D

Cover photo of Fozzie looks pretty nice, but why is he licking the number 3? :embarrassed: (What kind of fan would I be if I didn't nitpick? Muahaha).

SO EXCITED! This is great news!

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
I have a feeling that they will choose the colour version over the b&w. Only because it will fit in better with the rest of the material on the discs. The original version may be a little too old for them to include on a box set containing shows from the late '70s. Do we know when the colour version was filmed?
I can't find anything on the internet about the remake. All the sites only list the 1968 version, which is the B&W one. I did find a nice description of it on the The Jim Henson Works at the University of Maryland site:

Jim Henson and Rowlf the Dog explain the art of puppetry, from building to performance. Henson describes the various kinds of puppets; demonstrates how to operate a hand puppet; and provides a brief history of puppet development and performance throughout the world. Includes: Rowlf talking about and introducing the Muppets; Don Sahlin demonstrating the use of special effects and how to build a puppet; and a demonstration of how to make simple puppets from materials found at home.

Puppeteers, Frank Oz, Jim Henson, Jerry Juhl; puppet builder, Don Sahlin.

This is definitely the B&W version. I have a not too great copy of it. I swear I didn't dream the color version. I saw it when I worked for PBS... which was also the way I got to meet Jim.

:stick_out_tongue:

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
The cover art, well...I was expecting Fozzie to be peeking out from behind his TMS logo-filled hat kind of like this, but this will do. It's a little easier for their graphic designer. Not wild about the poser either, but who cares? I want these episodes!
I'm not crazy about the design either. I really like your peeking from behind the hat concept.

As we saw with Piggy's bangs on the Season 2 cover, they could still tweak the design before the release. I do think they could have done better here... even using the same image. I think it would look better if they just zoomed-in a bit more so Fozzie's face really filled the whole box (get rid of those empty gaps under his ears and cut off the brim of the hat). Here's a mock-up of what I'm talking about.

But whatever, I would buy these even if it was just a plain white box with no pictures on it. Aside from the brief time between taking the box off my shelf and putting the disc in my player I really don't look at the cover. At least it looks like the spine will match-up with the other 2 nicely and so it will still look nice on my shelf. :wink: When it comes to DVDs all I really care about is the disc content, not the silly packaging; this set will have hours of quality content so I'm more than happy.

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
If they zoomed in on Fozzie's eye and brow area it would fit in with the other two releases a little better. Kermit's collar, Piggy's nose and then Fozzie's eyes.

zns

Reaction score
I don't care at all about the packaging design or the lack of the "Muppet Morsels". All that matters is that the third season is coming out, which to me, shows that Disney is doing all they can to help bring out our very Muppets.

I do, however, have one question. The making of the Muppets documentary, is that supposed to be "Of Muppets and men" or some brand new interviews and footage with the cast and crew?

ploobis

Reaction score
I guess he wants to see what it tastes like. :wink: Why was Piggy smelling the number 2 on the last set?

Perhaps the next set will have Gonzo listening to the number 4.
I would not be surprised if Gonzo makes the cover of Season 4 DVD set. But I'm still wondering if Season 5 will have Rowlf, Animal or Scooter making the cover. :confused:

But I'm sure that they will all look AWESOME!

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
So it IS true! And just in time for my birthday. Wha-hooo!

Also yay for Sylvester Stallone and Alice Cooper episodes! >: D

Cover photo of Fozzie looks pretty nice, but why is he licking the number 3? :embarrassed: (What kind of fan would I be if I didn't nitpick? Muahaha).

SO EXCITED! This is great news!
So Alice Cooper IS on season 3? :flirt: WOO-HOO! My dad was actually right for once when he said that he was on season 3, lol

and I noticed the fozzie thing too. I thought it was kinda funny

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
I guess he wants to see what it tastes like. :wink: Why was Piggy smelling the number 2 on the last set?

Perhaps the next set will have Gonzo listening to the number 4.
hahahahahahah that would be so funny!
& the news of this set so soon is amazing 2008 is already starting off as a great year.
I've love to see the release of the frog prince some time soon also.:smile:

David French

Reaction score
While it's disappointing that the Morsels won't be on future sets, I can't say that I'm too sad that they won't available. As good as they were, I think the problem is that compared with other DVDs that use a similar format, they didn't go in to great detail about certain aspects of each episode - eg scenes/skits edited out, differences between script and screen, dates when skits were taped etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.