The Muppet Show with Gene Wilder

P

Princeton

Cold Opening

Scooter: Gene Wilder? Gene Wilder? 25 seconds to curtain, Gene.
Gene: Thank you, Scooter. And tell Dr. Honeydew to stay away from me with that Super Adhesive. Just because...
Scooter: I know, I know. Say, Gene, what part of the show are you most excited about?
Gene: I'd have to say the closing number. Just any opportunity to get Waldorf out of the balcony is worth not passing up.
Scooter: But what about Statler?
Statler: (walks in, dressed as an Oompa Loompa) Wilder, we have to talk!
Gene: (to Scooter) Does that answer your question?

Opening Theme

Gonzo: chocolate comes out of his trumpet.

Opening Number: Waldorf as Grandpa Joe and Scooter as Charlie sing "I've Got A Golden Ticket".

Backstage: After the opening number, Statler is mad at Waldorf for being cast as Grandpa Joe and not him. Kermit tries to calm him down by pointing out that Statler wasn't completely forgotten; at least he was cast as an Oompa Loompa. So, Statler starts feeling a little better.

Swedish Chef: makes chocolate sculptures of various Muppets.

UK Skit: Miss Piggy as Veruca (the spoiled girl) sings "I Want It Now".

Bear on Patrol: Fozzie arrests Arthur Slugworth (the evil candymaker) played by Lefty the Salesman from SS.

Closing Number: Gene, Scooter, Statler, and Waldorf sing "Pure Imagination" in the Great Glass Elevator.

Closing Theme

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Sounds good.I love Gene Wilder,what a multi-talented human.Just wondering why this thread was repeated twice.

P

Princeton

It was repeated because I clicked on "Submit New Thread", but then it said "This page cannot be displayed", so I submitted it again. Apparently, it posted the first time. Sorry!

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
No worries.The site often does that to me too.I usually delete something when it does it to me.

Beauregard

Reaction score
You cant delete the first of threads, I believe.

Anyway, I loved this, though I was wondering why it was only Charlie adn the Chocolate Factory, not Gene's other works at all.

P

Princeton

I was trying to go for a theme show, and I figured "what better movie to do a theme show on than Willy Wonka?" And I think that is his best movie, with Young Frankenstein coming in a close second.

P

Princeton

There's one reference in this outline that I'm not sure everybody picked up on. In the Gilda Radner episode of TMS, Muppet Labs introduces Super Adhesive(those of you who have seen this should know what I'm talking about). I made a reference to this because, as most of you probably know, Gene Wilder was married to Gilda Radner.

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
Good Stuff...

I happened to pick that one up, unfortunately. I watched that Gilda Radner episode SO many times; I laughed SO hard I wanted to pee my pants. Especially that Gilda Radner got "stuck on Beaker" and Gonzo's eyes were "glued to the set." I LOVE any Glue references!!!

BJ

P

Princeton

I'd like to get a lot more feedback on these outlines; this is my most popular one. Not that much I can revive on this one, but here goes.

-Any fav parts?
-Think of this one as about the time of the Lola Falana ep.
-For Bear on Patrol, think of Lefty as having a Jim style of gangster voice, as opposed to Frank's usual Lefty voice on SS.
-When Statler is an Oompa Loompa, think of him complete with green hair and orange skin.