1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

The MuppetCast: End of an Era

Discussion in 'On the Web' started by The Count, Jan 6, 2012.

1. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Hi everyone. Not sure if you saw this on Facebook earlier today, but Steve Swanson, host of the Muppetcast announced that this week's episode (#212) will be the very last episode.

First we lost the Official Henson podcast, now the Muppetcast.
    So what are we going to do to fill the void? We need a podcast covering all corners of the Henson realms on the internet, especially now in the Kermitlight of the awesome new movie.

Truly, this is a most disheartening turn of events.
    Post your thoughts or send them to the Muppetcast's email address expressing your support and thanks to Steve and everyone associated with the show.

We'll always remember you, brave little podcast. You taught us pigs could fly and Snuffleupaguses were real and how Fraggles can touch the weariest heart.
  2. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

Sad to see it go.Thanks, Steve, for 4 years of Muppety facts, fun and information and music.
  3. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

I'm almost crying right now. You shouldn't leave us, Steve! I'll miss you.
  4. rowlfy662

rowlfy662 Active Member

truly a sad day in the muppet community i got quite teareyed listening to but thanks steve for four muppetational years of my fav podcast to listen to
  5. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

I'm in such a bad mood now. I loved this show, and I'm so sad it's over.
    There should be a Muppet podcast out there and someone should continue something like this.
    To the MuppetCast!! For four great years! :(
  6. Muppet fan 123

Hi everyone..
    I think like Steve said.. this is a great opportunity for someone else to bring another Muppet podcast into the online community.
    This week I'll try one, I'm just thinking of a name for it. I will get right on it

Muppet fan 123
  7. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

well if you need any help with anything let me know!
    I would love to do a podcast, but I have a huge project I've been dove into (non - Muppet related) that is going to take up a lot of my time.
  8. Muppet fan 123

Thanks! I defiantley would need some help with this. If you'd be able to help I would be eternally grateful.
    If I do end up getting this done, it will be a great expierience, and would probably be a lot of fun. I hope this really goes through
    I'm right now thinking of a name I could call it, do you have any ideas?
  9. Speed Tracer

Speed Tracer Well-Known Member

This is incredibly sad - but understandable. Steve poured so much of his time, effort, money, talent, heart, soul, and body into this show, but it's been almost five years since the beginning, and I can understand why he has to say goodbye to it. I will miss it greatly.
  10. Fersureitsjess

Fersureitsjess Active Member

Oh..this made me sad! I just started listening in 2010, and I was really looking forward to new episodes. I hope someone starts a new muppet podcast soon!
  11. Muppet fan 123

Actually I was thinking of doing something like that.
    But truthfully, if I did, would you listen to it? Becuase I'm really serious about getting this started.
  12. Muppet fan 123

No one really saw this coming. It just ended like that. I'm so sad this happened.
  13. beakerboy12

beakerboy12 Well-Known Member

I would listen! I need a Muppet podcast, it's fun to hear stuff like that!
    Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  14. Muppet fan 123

Thanks! i wouldn't be able to run this by myself. I would be looking for volunteers to help me. If you want to help out just let me know
  15. Muppet fan 123

Wait.. did he also end his weekly radio show on Sorcerers Radio?
  16. Duke Remington

Duke Remington Active Member

I think Ryan Dosier/ThePrawnCracker should've volunteered to take over for Mr. Swanson as the new host of The MuppetCast.
  17. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Between school and the Muppet Mindset, I don't think he'd have the time.
    theprawncracker likes this.
  18. bazooka_beak

bazooka_beak Active Member

This is the *third* Podcast that's closed on me this week :( My heart can't take it. I hope somebody can create a new one.
  19. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

Please don't assert that I should have done anything. Could have, would have... those are fine words to use, but by saying should have you're telling me that it was something I was required to do but didn't. You expect too much, Duke. I know it's hard to comprehend the amount of work and time and effort and sacrifice that comes with running a website or producing and hosting a podcast... but try to. I already run a site that has (near) daily updates, plus I'm a full-time student, looking for a job, trying to maintain a social life, etc. To add on an hour-long, weekly podcast that requires hours of editing, organizing, writing, recording, re-recording, etc. would just be a death sentence.

Don't think I haven't thought about it... Steve and I talked about me possibly taking over when he was first thinking about ending the show. But we both came to the decision that I just didn't have the time and energy to do it right, and that's the only way I would want to do it. If the Mindset began to falter or fade, or if I did wrong by The MuppetCast, I could never forgive myself.

I'm 21 years old... a junior in college... I'm busy with odd jobs and various expectations... I can only do so much. I am honored and humbled that Muppet fans think I could do it, but unfortunately, I just can't.
  20. MuppetDanny

MuppetDanny Well-Known Member

:cry: <- That's I can say. Love the podcast. I do hope someone can take over from Steve and The Muppet Cast would continue.

:sigh: