The MuppetCast RETURNS

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
Hi everybody!

Just wanted to drop a note and say hi, and mention that, after almost 8 months away, I've come to my senses and resumed regular episodes of The MuppetCast. The newest show is available now in iTunes and at http://muppetcast.com.

Obviously, the community at Muppet Central has played a tremendous part in the success of the podcast, and I just wanted to say thanks to everyone at Muppet Central for your continued support and listenership. And please don't be shy in telling me what you think of the show's return; let me hear your reviews! Give me ideas for new and interesting things to do with the show.

For example, I've been thinking of doing some regional Muppet fan events. So far I'm thinking Cincinnatti, Atlanta, Chicago, and Orlando. But I'd need some help from people who actually live in those cities, in efforts organizing, publicizing, etc. What do you think about that?

Anyway, great to be back, and I can't wait to hear from you! Thanks again!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Steve, it's great to have you here, back where you belong.
:smile: I hear that Muppetcast coming back to me, like an old familiar song.

Hope you got my email with the 50 States album, glad it was completed with help from others here at MC.
Something you could consider as a future focus is continuing/wrapping up your JHH episode reviews, I think you left off on Episode 9.
Looking forward to another great year of podcasts, take care and have a great day buddy. :jim: :fanatic: :cool:

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
Thanks Ed! I did indeed receive the 50 states :smile:

Do you think people really want to hear the rest of those Jim Henson Hour shows? I think I left off on that series three years ago, lol! I mean if people want to hear it I'll certainly do it.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, I know I wanted to hear it. But if the peoples wants something else, then peoples is peoples. Good thing I've been keeping up with the Mindset (love the Weekly Muppet Wednesday (WMW) series) and toughpigs for all the news and Mupdates.
LMK if you need any songs or stuff, and send a 'hi' from us to Ashley as well.

Vincent L

Reaction score
I was thinking about alternate names for Muppet fans. You should start a thread on the topic.

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
I think they've already done a thread on that topic here in the forums. That's what someone told me, at least.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, we do already have a thread for that. Maybe Vincent meant as a segment for the show? :busy:

Vincent L

Reaction score
No, I heard the segment on the show, and just wondering if there's already a thread on MC.

dwmckim

Reaction score
For example, I've been thinking of doing some regional Muppet fan events. So far I'm thinking Cincinnatti, Atlanta, Chicago, and Orlando. But I'd need some help from people who actually live in those cities, in efforts organizing, publicizing, etc. What do you think about that?
I love this idea myself. Whenever people ask about if there'd ever be a MuppetFest #2, my thoughts are that with the ways the economy has drastically changed since the original, the current times just aren't conducive to people travelling long distances for major events - or being able to afford time away from work, etc. And that for the time, things like the touring Jim Henson's Fantastic World exhibit where it comes to you instead of the other way around is more appropriate ways for fandom events to occur. (Plus the added bonus of meeting local fans) If you're a Muppet fan in California or New York/Northeastern area, the Muppeverse is your singing oyster...but if you live somewhere else you're just kind of stuck. No Tough Pigs Vaults, no Hollywood events, no nuthin'. So anything that allows Muppet fandom to come closer gets my full support (more so if Phoenix is included)