The MuppetCast - Show #116 - Wedding Musicians

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
I had a lot of fun putting this episode together! I always like coming back and looking at the Jim Henson Hour episodes, and this one had some great moments. Granted, I skipped over a few parts of it, but only because it wasn't possible to translate what was going on visually into an audio product. The songs were my favorite part of the MuppetTelevision segment, both Solid Foam and Buster Poindexter. I can't believe I still have that "Hot Hot Hot" 45 record!

Lots of really cool comments and questions from listeners this week too, so make sure to head over to the show notes for this episode and click on the links that people sent in.

How many people are planning to be at the Puppeteers of America national festival in July? It's happening mid-month in Atlanta. I was originally planning to be there, but now I don't know if I can get away from work for it. It's going to be tough, but it might still happen.

I think that's everything going on right now. I'm headed back down to WDW for a long weekend July 10 thru the 13th, so expect another "Best Of" episode that weekend. I already know what I'm going to do for next week's show. It's something I've wanted to review for a long time: Abby In Wonderland! If you haven't seen this Sesame special, trust me it's worth your time. It's a great story and has some wonderful moments. I'm also gearing up for our next big Sesame Street guest, so stay tuned!

What did you think of this episode?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yaey! Been wanting a good in-depth going-over of Abby in Wonderland. *Writes it down in the Muppet specials category.
Already sent you feedback on the week's show. And I vote for a reairing of the 50 States mega montage from last year for the 2nd Best Of episode in a couple of weeks, I enjoyed that very much.

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
Hmmm, that's a really good idea. I enjoyed that 50 states montage too. Maybe that should be featured in this upcoming show, since this weekend is July 4th. I might just do that, and move Abby in Wonderland to the following weekend, while I'm on the road.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, if ya feel you must... That way you can add missing states, if they've been mentioned or refered to in the past year like the Indiana Jones parody characters from SST's Season 39 premiere episode. Also, did you ever post in last year's 4th of July show's notes the full range of Minor Muppets' Muppet States pin ideas? Would like to read through what he came up with.

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
You mean Minnesota Mel? Sure, he might make his way in this year! As for M_M's pin ideas, I think I've got those somewhere too...

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, him and Wyoming Walt and Virginia Virginia. Not to mention Minnesota Johnson, Bob's brother.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, the only other one from that episode is Texas Telly, .

BTW: Might as well ask here too, since you're online and groovin' at the moment.
In the True Bride cast, there's an actress named Diana Payan, noted as portraying the "Passer-By". In what sequence of the story do we see her? And who were the people Anja talked to outside the Trollip's castle... "Gold she grabs, silk she snatches. She collects pretty men, calls them 'ornamens'." And what is the air speed of a common garden variety swallow? African or European?

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
I'm not sure, I'll have to check. I edited out one other narration piece where I mentioned that the, er, "True Groom" was played by actor Sean Bean. Bean is now well-known as having played Boromir in the Lord of the Rings trilogy.

And thank you....glad to know SOMEONE got my Monty Python reference :smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Okay, will keep going with what I've got so far, please reply when you get the chance to find out about Ms. Payan's appearance. Funny you should mention Boromere, asI also read TP's True Bride review yesterday. Dunno where Bubble is from though.

Take care Steve. :wisdom: