The MuppetCast - Show #121 - Somebody Else's Cat

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
The latest episode of The MuppetCast brings Roger Langridge back for a chat about his recent experiences at Comic Con! We also discuss what it's like to be the person responsible for carrying on the print version of the TV show we grew up with. He mentions the upcoming graphic novel version of the first miniseries, and the bonus material that publication will contain. You're gonna buy it. C'mon, you know you are :smile:

You can find Roger on Facebook, and at his website http://hotelfred.com.

Next week I'm hoping to have some folks on the phone from the Puppets Up! puppetry festival in Almonte! Although I really want to get back up there sometime, I couldn't make it this year. Should be a lot of fun, there are some incredibly talented people who come to that festival. Don't miss it!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
So... Why isn't it posted/loaded at the home site? I keep getting Show 120 as the newest episode, even when I click on the Latest Shows link. Also, for the past three episodes, I've gotten a Macromedia display at the end of the individual episode's write-up with only a Download button that takes me straight to the show itself. Liked it better when there was a graphic icon to click to start playing the show in my WMP window, and then "The MuppetCast Episode *insert number*: *Insert time-length* stated immediately below that clickable icon.

Hope this helps somewhat. :search:

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
Oh yeah. I forgot it didn't get posted last night. I'll put the show notes together and post it as soon as I get home from work. In the meantime, you can get the direct mp3 here, if you like. Sorry, slight oversight there!

As far as your other issue, Count, I would recommend making sure that your web browser's version of Flash is up to date. I was forced to change the technology that streams the episode from the website, and I've noticed that on computers that don't have the most recent Flash version, they get exactly what you're experiencing (no play button). Hope that helps, and as I mentioned, you can start downloading and accessing this week's Muppet goodness, if you like, using the above link.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Ah okay. Thanks for the link Steve. BTW: Please LMK about the soundclips, sent you the list of what I'm after for this new collection.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
That link don't seem to be working for me and I can't get the show on the website ethier.

muppetfan1999

Reaction score
I see its up on the website but i'm just waiting for it to come up on itunes.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
That bonus artwork sounds like a good feature. I wonder if the entire preview issue will be included, or if it's just seperate artwork. Roger Langridge said it'd have all his unpublished Disney Adventures artwork, but it would be great if his one published piece were included as well (though I don't think it's that special).

Hey Steve! Considering that this year marks the tenth anniversary of Muppets From Space and Elmo in Grouchland, have you considered doing any "anniversary" podcasts saluting those movies? I don't think they'd get much "official" celebration, but it is a thouhgt. Of course, dedicating a podcast episode to the 40th anniversary of Sesame Street would be a lot more important.