The MuppetCast - Show #31 - The Captain, the Club, and the Banana

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
OMG Steve, that sounded COOL!

BTW, what acoustic guitar do you use? I'm just wondering.

BJ

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
Hey BJ, thanks! What guitar do I play? "eet-sa reeely goot wahn." Sorry, that came from the Fraggle episode in the US/UK segment this week (yes, a new one!). The guitar I play is a Washburn D-100MB. It sort of looks like their D10SB, which you can see here. Same color and finish.

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
Cool, thanks Steve.

I have a Takamine myself (same brand of guitar Nancy Wilson of Heart plays!), so I'm perfectly happy with mine.

BJ

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Hi Steve,

I haven't been listening for a long time because of computer problems and general time constraints, but I just started again last night, and worked backwards from this one. I loved seeing the UK Fraggle Rock segments, which I've always wanted to see but didn't have any idea how I could! I'd say my favorite bit though was when you gave a musical breakdown of "Yes, We Have No Bananas," and demonstrated how it borrowed from other melodies!
:cool:

I don't remember if it was this show or number 30, but you had an e-mail request for a song that included, "or mention Sherman in Savana." Well, I just heard that line a few minutes ago! It turns out I had it and didn't even know it! The song is called "Danger's No Stranger" and it is sung by Crissy and the Alphabeats. You may have gotten it already since the show, but if you haven't, I could send it to you if you like.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Kate, could you send it to me please? Thanks.

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
Please send me a copy too! I don't have it but would certainly include it in a future show. Funny though, the Muppet Wiki has it being performed by How Now Brown & the Moo Wave. Eh, send it to me anyway, lol.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Well, it could be and probably is now that I think of it. Either way, it was Christopher Serf.
I'll have the song to both of you as soon as I can.

Also, one thing that I remembered just after posting the last post. Steve, I'm afraid the voicemail number in this thread is different from the one on the site. Which one is correct?

Thanks, I'm off to try and get in at least one or two more episodes before I go to bed.
:smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi... Thanks for the song Kate. However, a bit of confusion defusion is in need here.

There are two different songs with the word "Danger" in the title from Sesame Street.
The one that contains the lyrics about "Don't mention Sherman in Savannah" comes from the song "Danger's No Stranger", recorded by How Now Brown Cow and The Moo Wave. The lead singer of this musical group is indeed voiced/performed by Christopher Cerf.

The other song is simply titled "Danger", two versions exist: one sung by Little Jerry and The Monotones, and another on the album Signs credited to Prairie Dawn and The Orlandos.
Bonus points to whoever figures what that's a joke reference to. Hope this helps and have a great Thanksgiving week.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Yes, that would be in refference to Tony Orlando and Dawn, and I did know of the other songs; that's just the title under which the song was sent to me. Did you have a problem with it? Should I rename it and send it again?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh hi Kate. Got the song fine and I thank you for sending it, but I would rename it just to have it separate from the song sung by Little Jerry and The Monotones.
Hope this helps.