The MuppetCast - Show #37 - It Feels Like Christmas!

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
It's finally here! The Muppet Christmas Carol edition of The MuppetCast, that is. Christmas is still a day or two off. But I hope this episode of the podcast can keep you company in the meantime.

Much like the earlier Muppet Christmas specials, we attempt to explore every dimension we can find of the Muppet Christmas Carol. Lots of wonderful songs from the movie, along with comments from Brian Henson, Steve Whitmire, Dave Goelz, Paul Williams, and yours truly.

I'd also like to remind everyone that there'll be a special Christmas Eve edition of The Muppetcast, featuring more Christmas music (if you were waiting for the Sesame Street stuff, you'll find it there), more listener emails and voicemails, and more Muppety updates.

The show will be posted on the website and in iTunes shortly after midnight (though I'm unsure what time zone). So if you see this posting and simply can't wait to hear the show (and I can't say I blame you, lol), you can directly download the mp3 file here.

The voicemail line for The MuppetCast remains 614-364-4270. I look forward to talking about this episode here on the forums, and hearing what you have to say on the voicemail line!

I know I'll say it many more times before the day arrives, but Merry Christmas everyone! Happy Holidays, and a Happy New Year.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Listening right now Steve, loving the introsepctive of one of my favorite Christmas movies of all time! Another incredible job well done! :big_grin:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Wha-huh? The show was posted yesterday, Saturday? Isn't that... Well, I'll definitely listen to it... Um, later though, Christmas Countdown is about to start.

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
The Christmas eve show is posted now too, and I think you'll find that a certain awesome piece of audio that we were looking for is, in fact, included!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh... Are you talking about that gift Phillip left for us earlier today? BTW: Just finished Episode 37. The featurette had me laughing. But I'm gonna have to write you an Email Steve, as there are some things surrounding the timing of MCC and my own life that I think, looking back on it, connect it closer in heart. Though it might not be my second favorite, in terms of sentimentality it would definitely be there with TMM and TMTM for me.
Will listen to the Christmas Eve show in a little bit. Certainly hope that other Christmas specials can be covered next year like The Christmas Toy (another one that was sort of narrated by Kermit), Mr. Willoby's Christmas Tree, A Beary Bear Christmas, or even some of the Sesame specials.

At any rate, take care and happy holiday season to you and yours.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
These christmas shows have been good, though I was thinking that there should have been one about the various Sesame Street christmas specials. Most of the other Muppet specials got their own shows (well, The Great Santa Claus Switch, Mr. Willoby's Christmas Tree, and The Christmas Toy didn't). I guess there is always next year. I did enjoy the various tracks from various Sesame Street christmas albums. I guess that all of those tracks from Christmas Eve on Sesame Street came from the album version (I couldn't really tell if "True Blue Miracle" was the TV version or if it was slightly different).

At the end there is audio of itnerviews with Paul Williams, Kermit the Frog, Brian Henson, and some photo critic concerning The Muppet Christmas Carol. Where is this from? I'd be surprised if it was from either DVD (especially since Gonzo and Rizzo weren't interviewed). At first I thought it might have come from some 1992 interviews promoting the film, until I heard Kermit mention Muppet Treasure Island.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi... That's a track that airs on Muppet Central Radio, under the title of "Silver Screen Crackers: The Music of MCC." It's not from any DVD release special feature, this was a BBC radio show that did interviews with the people mentioned. Phillip Chapman posted a link for it in a thread titled "Help Downloading MC Radio" in the Feedback section, which'll only last until the end of 2007.
Hope this helps.