The MuppetCast - Show #41 - Tribute to Richard Hunt

theprawncracker

Reaction score
My gosh... Steve... you've just trumped yourself. Completely and utterly trumped yourself. This might be your best show yet. NO, sir, I think it IS your best show yet. Thank you so much for doing this it's just... fantastic. Thank you.

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
I've said this already in the "Remembering Richard Hunt" thread, but I'll say it again:

Steve, you really delivered the goods on this show of shows, and I take my hat off to you. You gave Richard a tribute befitting his status as A-plus puppeteer, director and Muppet captain. (And I think Richard would have secretly liked the show...but there's no way he'd admit that in public.)

And as for Jane's cameo: you have to consider the possibility that Richard took after his father in terms of physical appearance.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
And as for Jane's cameo: you have to consider the possibility that Richard took after his father in terms of physical appearance.
Actually I think I know exactly which one she is, lol. But I won't say, that might be invading privacy or something. If you want to discuss, MN, we can private message. Let's just say I think Richard did indeed resemble his Mom (but remember this is after much Muppet watching lol). :wink:

And Steve, the whole show was such a thrill! It really made my day in so many ways. And thanks for taking my suggestion regarding the first Gladys clip! I especially enjoyed Frank's contributions. He is official a tie for my favorite Muppet performer. :halo:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
3 The song "Scratch My Back" included two Anything Monsters known as Jack and Jill. Perhaps it's one of those David Rudman puppeteered his first day. To that extent, it's sort of an homage to Richard that Baby Bear has the same speech problem of pronouncing his "r"'s as "w"'s instead much like Junior Gorg and that David is now one of the two new performers performing/voicing the Two-Headed Monster.
Though Richard was meant to perform in that sketch, and while David ended up performing in his place, Richard Hunt didn't perform either voice. Jack was voiced by Kevin Clash, while Jill was performed by Pam Arceiro. I wonder why one of those wasn't meant to perform the character they voiced.

The Count said:
6 Some of Richard's Sesame characters stick out in my mind and I would've liked to hear from at least one of these... There was a blue furry monster from around Season 14 named Aristotle who Richard performed in a quiet demeanor as this character was meant to be blind. Problem is, I don't really remember this monster and would like to hear him just once again. Richard's other memorable Sesame character is one we all know even though he never had a single spoken line. The character in question is that hard-working red-helmeted journeyman, Sully. No words needed, this guy partnered with Biff had a charm all of his own.
I don't think any of us have any audio clips of this character. He hasn't appeared in any albums, none of his segments were shown on Noggin (though he was mentioned by name in one such episode), and none of his appearances have been released on video or DVD. I hope that if Old School Volume 3 comes out and focuses on the 1979-1984 seasons that something with this character is included.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Wow. Wow. Wow... I just can't believe how incredible this episode was Steve. Everything about it was perfect, from the begining to the ending, you hit everything spot on. Good job man. I know I already posted, but I just now finished the episode and had to say something else. Thanks again for doing this for Richard, and in his honor, I think he'd want us all to turn to Steve and shout...

"YOUR FACE!" :wink:

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
And it's a well-planned episode with plenty of laugh-inducing and heart-rending stories; I mean, Richard was a prince, and this episode proves it.

But, whatever you say, Richie... :wink:

(leans over, picks up megaphone, points it in Steve's direction)

"YOUR FACE!"

(sets megaphone down)

P.S.: Steve: if you've been on the receiving end of any mysterious water-gun blasts in the last 24 hours or so, let us know...:eek:

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Hi Steve, I was on the site earlier, but due to some problem or other on my end, I couldn't play it. I tried to download it, but it didn't go anywhere. Maybe it's just that it's big, and I was impatient? lol
I did read your discription though, and thank you for mentioning the RHLC! Then I tried again a few minutes later, and I couldn't get on at all! Is the site down?

Also, sorry to muffin Steve, but Herald, how exactly is pointing out a cameo in a movie an invasion of privacy? Mrs. Hunt appeared in front of a camera, didn't she? One can only assume therefore that she had full knowledge that she would be seen.

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
Your Face, indeed.

I'm kind of speechless here you guys! It is truly and honor, and very humbling, to get to bring out those stories and present them. Getting to talk with people who knew Richard in life was wonderful beyond words. Probably one of the really exciting moments were, when I was talking with Martin Baker (you didn't hear this on the show), he said "hold on, I've got Kevin Clash here with me, he heard about the tribute and he wants to talk to you." HUH? Also, to be able to laugh and shed a tear or two when talking with Jane is...well I'll simply never forget that.

It was great putting the show together, but what I love even more is reading everyone's reactions to it, and seeing that yes, it was a fitting and worthy tribute to Richard. He means so much to us all, and seeing and hearing about everyone's enjoying the tribute is really what warms my heart. Sorry to get sappy for a minute. Hold on...YOUR FACE!

Okay, better now.

Fragglemuppet, I hope you're not still having problems getting ahold of the show. I'm making some CD sets of it also, to send to Jane and some others who requested it. If you can't get ahold of it online, send word and I'll get it out to you on CD.

Thanks again, everyone. As always, glad to be of service.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Thanks, now at least I'm back on the site. One question though. Under the link to download, there's a number, and it has increased since the last time I saw it a couple of hours ago. It is 611 now, and I forget exactly what it was before. What is this? Also, I've noticed you wrote your old voice-mail number. Is this a mistake, or have you switched back?

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
Oh, cool! That's neat, I didn't realize that it did that. The number you see there, the 611 (probably higher now) is the number of downloads for the episode. So far, at this point, the episode has been downloaded, thru the website and iTunes, 611 times. So that's a running count.

Also, the voice line remains 614-364-4270. I don't know if I mis-typed or gave a different number, but this is the number for The MuppetCast.