The MuppetCast - Show #61 - The Soldier, The Hat Sharpener, and the Beach

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
A hefty, hearty welcome to episode #61 of The MuppetCast! This week we continue our series focusing on the Jim Henson Hour with episode 3: Monster Telethon!

So last week I had a little bit of fun with the MuppetCast voicemail line. I forwarded all incoming calls to a live phone, giving everyone an opportunity to talk one-on-one with yours truly. I thought it was a lot of fun! I hope you think so too. I enjoyed it so much, in fact, that from now on EVERY Thursday evening, from 6pm to 11pm Eastern time, I'll forward all incoming voicemail calls to a live phone, and if you want to ask me something or offer an idea in person, you can!

Which Muppet movie should we do a special edition episode about in June, The Muppet Movie, or The Great Muppet Caper? Both movies were June releases, but only one of them gets reviewed this summer. Don't worry, the other one gets the same special treatment next summer! Go vote for your favorite now on MuppetCast.com!

Questions/Comments can be sent to me@muppetcast.com, or phoned in (live on Thursday nights!) at 614-989-6326. Or just Skype me, my username is: stephenjlizard.

Have a good one!

Erine81981

Reaction score
Listening to it right now Steve.

Oscar: *pops up* It's my song.

Yes it is.

Oscar: The best part only.

Ok Oscar. Steve doesn't want to hear this is all you enjoy.

Oscar: Hey! What's wrong with that?

Well, others enjoy the whole show. Even i.

Oscar: You like this garbage?

Well i wouldn't call it garbage. It's fun and enjoy waiting for every one to come out.

Oscar: Figures. Well since i'm here. You Steve is ok but this guy. Don't ever get involed with it.

It?

Oscar: That's what i said. Your it! Heh heh heh heh heh........Now SCRAM! *slams trashlid*

You grouch!

Oscar: *from inside the trashcan* That's me.

*groans*

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Oh man! I rely have t catch up. I really love listening to your so so muhc but I have to find the time. but trust me, I will find the time.:shifty::wink:

BEAR

Reaction score
Gee, Steve, I would call (or email for that matter), but you never want to use me for the show. :stick_out_tongue:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Bear he uses your stuff all the time! I know I hear your MC name come up a lot when I listen to the show.

I'm having to do some catch up myself and listen to the frist show about JHH. I rembere watching that show as a kid but want to hear it all again. I may get to this weeks show this week I don't know yet.

BEAR

Reaction score
Bear he uses your stuff all the time! I know I hear your MC name come up a lot when I listen to the show.

I'm having to do some catch up myself and listen to the frist show about JHH. I rembere watching that show as a kid but want to hear it all again. I may get to this weeks show this week I don't know yet.
I was really just giving him a hard time. I know I've been used on the show before. Haha! I guess I just wonder what happened to the one voicemail I ever sent in. It was for the Anniversary show. I guess it just never went through. Anyway...good show, Steve.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well every week I get more and more exited about not only the MuppetCast but the MuppetCast care package. I'm also looking forward to this new Muppet Movie, Lets face it we are in a very exiting time to be a Henson/Muppet fan.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi... Listened to the show late last night. Good show all around. BTW: Can't we have just a little villainy? Is there any way to stop it? How do you set the world on its ear, wouldn't that be painful? Loved the intro by Quesal and his troop. Also, I went over and listened to John Rick and Tom Corlis's podcast, the Disney Pincast. It's a rully good show. There are some volume discrepancies, but that's a topic for somewhere else. If you download their Episode 11, you have to wade in through most of the show to get to Tom's What's Hot/Not segment where he discusses the corrected Rowlf Hidden Mickey pin. They also gave props to their appearance on and directed listeners over to MuppetCast, so they're good folks. The JHH review was very well-handled. Just wait until you get to the muddling with Link and Gonzo in the Response-O-Matic in Episode 5. This episode, Monster Telethon is one I have a strong memory/connection to as mentioned waaaaaay earlier. Enjoyed the montage and I'm looking forward to Episode 62.

On another note... About the voting for the Muppet movies feature, would you like a poll to be set up here too? We have the ability to make it a multiple-voting poll or single-voting, so it's not just limited to one vote per person. LMK and we'll make it happen.

Take care Steve. Oh, and say hi to one of our newest members if you see her, JubileePink.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well if I was going to vote I would vote for Muppets take Manhaten. I love this movie and there are really so many things that can be said about it. Also there has to be some behind the scences footage that we have not seen all of becuse there have been clips on diffrernt shows.

On a side note Steve don't forget to add me to your MySpace.

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
Sorry I don't have the poll up yet, guys! I'll try and make it up and post it on the website at lunch today.