The MuppetCast - Show #63 - Any Old Audio

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
Special thanks to Cory Edwards, director of the new Fraggle Rock film, for leaving the voicemail that kicks off this week's episode!

It's time to take a listen to some old, rare Muppet audio. The clips in this week's feature are taken from 1976 and 1977, I think. I know the audio came from someone here on MC, but I can't figure out who that person was. So please let me know who sent out this audio originally, they deserve much thanks!

If you didn't see the news last week, Jim Henson's boyhood friend Kermit Scott died recently at age 71. Very sad news, but I'm sure the two of them are catching up and having fun somewhere. Read the article about him (the link is on muppetcast.com), he was an amazing guy.

One more thing I wanted to bring up here on the thread this week; someone suggested that they'd like to hear a few autobiographical podcasts (separate from the MuppetCast feed) about me. Kind of an audioblog. Is that something you would listen to? The poll to answer is on muppetcast.com this week, so vote your opinion.

Questions/Comments can be emailed to me@muppetcast.com, or called in to the voicemail line (live on Thursday evenings) at 614-364-4270. Or we can just chat about it here!

Have a good one!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I'm dowloading the show right now can't wait for this!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Ooh! *Goes to listen. Tis a shame we lost not just 1, but 2 Kermits this past week, first Kermit Scott and just yesterday Kermit Love as well.
:cry:

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
so Kermit Scott and Kermit Love died? what a sad coincidence that both Kermits died in the same week.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Huh? Yes Steve. If you go to the Muppet Headlines section of the forum, you'll find a thread at the top titled Kermit Love R.I.P. or something along those lines. Rully sad...

But I rully like how the podcast turned out with the audios from Mike Douglas Show episodes.
Glad to hear Walking on Sunshine in the background, could use some of that since it's more on the subdued stormy side around here.
All around a good episode... And remember to bring the popcorn for next week's TMM spectacular.

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
Very sad about Mr. Love indeed. And yes, get ready for a heckuva show next week! Even if my other guests fall through, the one I've already recorded a conversation with is fantastic. Everything else from this point on is just gravy :smile: Mmm...gravy.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
You know... You should try contacting fellow member WasOnceErnie to see if he'd be interested in talking about his experiences as part of the big TMM finale.

Hope this helps.

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
Okay everyone, it's here! The newly-redesigned MuppetCast.com is live online. Tell me what you think, and be honest; I'm still tweaking it just a little bit.

Luke

Reaction score
oh wow Steve, am loving that design. As always, keep up the tremendous work!