1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

The MuppetCast - Show #65 - But Mostly America

Discussion in 'On the Web' started by stephenjlizard, Jul 9, 2008.

1. Hey all,

Sorry for the late (and rushed) post, but the show is up! Whaddya think?

Things to keep in mind:
    - Contest page will be up this week
    - Care Package: if you're sending something tell me today (email me as soon as you read this) and we can still arrange it to be included!

Again I'm really sorry to be so rushed; it's turning into a crazy week, but I'll still read and respond to everything here.

Have a good one!
  2. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Ah... Finally. Was thinking I'd have to send you an email.

Can't recall everything I wanted to point out, but here are some.
    1 You say there's a typo/error per show. Well, you're gonna hate yourself for this one, but.... At the top, you said that Episode 65 was being presented on "June 6" 2008. That takes you a full month back in time buddy.
    2 The Corgy/Master Replica Fozzie has been pushed back to Spring 2009. Everything else after that is currently up in the air, there are a few threads about it here in Muppet Merchandise.
    3 The Sesame Street special is titled A Walking Tour of Sesame Street, hosted by James Earl Jones. Ask KermiClown, he might have it.
    4 Absolutely loved the feature showcasing Muppet/state connections. Maybe that could generate some thoughts for the topic I asked about, which Muppet character(s) would you choose to represent each state if there were a Muppet States pin/badge/nameplate collection?

Also... How's the fund for the upcoming road events? You can answer that one via PM.
    Take care buddy... LMK if you need help for anything. Looking forward to next week's show and the return of anxiously awaited segments.
  3. Count von Count

Count von Count Active Member

Yeah a new show! Thanks Steve :)
  4. Colbynfriends

Colbynfriends Active Member

Great show Steve. Hearing my name and seeing my picture on flickr was one of the highlights of my week. thanks.
  5. Darn it all! June 6, sheesh. I should make a game out of this, I do at least one of those in every show, lol.

And glad to be of service, Colbynfriends. That image must have taken a long time to put together!
  6. Colbynfriends

Colbynfriends Active Member

Yeah, that was about a week in the making, but i did that a long long time ago. That was a strait up Microsoft Paint job. the hardest thing was taking the picture (all or most which came from muppet wiki :)), and removing the backround. but I loved doing it.:D
  7. BTW - My wife Ashley recently joined MC (finally, took her long enough!) so everybody feel free to PM her and say hi. Her MC name is JubileePink.

And no, she's not going to WDW to audition in July :)
  8. The Count

*Collective aaaaaaaw of bad news is heard from our section. *Starts petition to get Ashley down to WDW for auditions. You think she'd fit in a suitcase? Or a luxury crate? Maybe if we ship her via Fed Ex... Already PM'ed "hi's" to her, she needs just a few more posts to get past the mod approval stage of her membership... But we send her warm wishes from everyone down here at the castle. :batty: :flirt:
  9. Well, she is very very small - 5 feet tall and nothing but skin and bones, so if you have a big enough suitcase....hehe.
  10. AnimatedC9000

AnimatedC9000 Well-Known Member

Oh, make fun of short people, why don't ya? You think we all fit inside suitcases? Well, I've got news for ya, buddy: We may be small, but our hearts are large! ... metaphorically speaking!

Okay, getting back on topic: I am listening to the podcast right now. Very great so far. (... "Very great so far"? Did that even sound right?) Thanks for giving the time of the new Disney special. Unfortunately, my dad and I will be driving to my camp that day... But fortunately, we're stopping at a hotel on the way, and I hope that I can see the special from the hotel room.
  11. The Count

Yeah... And short people rule the world. They do? How do they do that? By pushing other people's buttons.
  12. christyb

christyb New Member

I think I do. Heck I fit in it. Ya wanna borrow it Steve? :)
  13. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

I wouldn't mind borrowing Steve!

...wait, I thought you meant Steve Whitmere. Nevermind...*leaves to Swaehb elsewhere*
  14. Haha wow...you go enjoy that Beauregard!
  15. Whoops! Sorry, I just switched the MuppetCast voicemail line to the live phone, so anyone who calls in tonight will get me on the live line.
  16. The Count

Hi... Some state connections for next week/year's celebration.
    There was a sketch on Sesame Street for the number 8, where Grover and a famous pool player are at a prestigious tournament, Gordon as the commentator. Grover's just standing there as an assistant. When the pool player misses due to Grover's questioning, it's the blue monster's turn. All that's left is sink the 8-ball and he wins. The pool player leaves in a huff after losing to his cute furry helper, prompting Grover to ask why they called him "Minnesota Shorts". There's a funny visual gag, but I wouldn't know what it is.

Also, in the season premiere for Season 39, Telly will be parodying the most recent Indiana Jones movie, seeking the Golden Triangle of Destiny. Along the way he meets Wyoming Walt, Virginia Virginia, and Minnesota Mel who himself was looking for the same artifact as Texas Telly.

Hope this helps. :batty:
  17. christyb

christyb New Member

That's the cue everyone flood Steve's phoneline! Just finished the episode. Which took me all week to listen too. I loved it. Albeit there should be a warning with this...listening to muppet montage's and such can and will make you laugh in the middle of class. Not a good idea. Oh and from Beau an invite to the SWAEHB clubhouse to the club SWAEHB that he started.
  18. The Count

What? *Spits out bagel with cream cheese. Christy! How could you? That's the line the SWAEHB went with, to make Bo feel good... But we know it was you who started it. Oh, I feel so betrayed by this recent admission of yours. It's like I don't even know who you are anymore. Mostly cause of your shifty posting schedule... *Cough* It will take me far too long to accept the deliciousness that are bagels after this.
    *Seeks solace of garlic popcorn from the Jerry Nelson Covant with tall 32 oz. Sprite soda.
  19. christyb

christyb New Member

Shhh! I don't want the real Steve to know I had anything to do with it. :halo:
  20. The Count

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight. *Glomps Christy, my first cyber-sister.