The MuppetCast - Show #67 - Dog City!

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
We finally get to talk about Dog City! Woohoo! I know a lot of people were looking forward to this episode, and I hope you enjoy what I've come up with.

July is almost over, can you believe it? And we still haven't gotten to this month's special edition Muppet film episode! So the voting for that is happening this week on MuppetCast.com. Muppets Take Manhattan vs. Muppets From Space. Vote early and vote often.

Speaking of voting, there's still one week of voting left in the Make Something Cool Contest. We will hit 10,000 votes today, Monday the 21st. Is that not insane? I love it!

Lots of great stuff in the show notes this week, check it out and let me know what you think. Have a good one!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... Since I'm still getting the link to Show 66 on the main page, I'll use the link in your post above. Hope it works.

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
Try hitting "Refresh" (or F5 on your PC keyboard), and see if it doesn't change to show #67.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... Did try an Insert + Escape, which due to Jaws works as a Screen Refresh... But it was still stuck on Show 66. However, I clicked on the link in your thread-starter post above which did take me to Show 67. While listening to the episode, I just used my bookmark links and it popped up refreshed. If I run into this again I'll use the F5 you recommended.

Few things...
1 The voting options are up... But there's just the button to vote for a particular option, not to view/listen to the entries. So I liked the campaign speeches as part of this week's episode.
2 Dinosaurs aired Changing Nature as it's last episode... But much like The Jim Henson Hour, if you go to Muppet Wiki's Dinosaurs Episode Guide section, you'll find there were seven more episodes as part of Season 4 that never aired on the US.
3 The Sesame 20th special is named Sesame Street: 20 Years, and Still Counting! That can be somewhat counted as a thirteenth episode of JHH, if you incline to agree with said argument in its favor. I happen to have a copy of it and it brings back good memories, plus, to think we're almost at twice that many years for SST is astounding.

Lastly... I'm not sure Minor Muppets might be able to post here for now. Why's that? It's not anything against him... What happened is that in April of this year, MC took a stance that because account confirmation/activation emails to aol.com accounts were ending up in those members' junk or spam filters, the site no longer accepts aol.com based accounts. All users with these are encouraged to switch to another email system, come back and update their accounts, and then they'll be able to keep on posting as they used to. I don't make the rules, I just inform you guys about them. Bugsey Them that is. Yes, that was a senseless joke.

Speaking of senseless jokes...
Did you catch the one Rowlf made about Miss Belle's name?
And two shots at Mike Myers movies... I love it, perfectly senseless.

Maybe next week you can go back and highlight the special features for this movie (the bit with the Stunt Cat before the movie started), or not... Just let us know if you need help and we'll be here to assist.

Take care pal.

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
Good feedback Count!

1. There's a page called Contest in the menu at the top of MuppetCast.com (and you can also click the direct link to it here), where you can see and hear all the contest submissions.

2. Yep, I thought that was interesting too. In the history section of the show, of course I referred to Changing Nature as the last episode that aired on TV, but you're absolutely right, there were more episodes that didn't air. I think "lost content" like that is always exciting!

3. Isn't it funny how last week we were talking about the 10th anniversary, and then this week, we just casually mention that, oh it was really the 20th anniversary? Like BOOM, there's just another 10 years difference! Hehe...and now we're approaching 40!

That's too bad about aol.com accounts. Hopefully all of that gets worked out.

My favorite hidden joke from Dog City:
When Ace introduces himself to Bubba the Bartender and spells his name.
ACE: Y-U
BUBBA: (growling) Why I...

There are so many clever little jokes sprinkled all the way through that special! Very high re-watchability to it; you'll always catch some new joke you missed earlier.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes... Dog City is one of the higher episodes of JHH for that reason alone. Though I'm not big on dogs myself... Hope you don't end up headed down Route 6 instead of NJ. LMK when you get to Episode 6 of JHH, that's another great special that got a separate video release. And thanks for everything Steve.

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
It's official: over 10,000 votes in the Contest results, and a whole week left to go!