The MuppetCast - Show #82 - Is It Scary?

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
Hey all! Sorry for not posting a show #81 thread. Things just got too busy with the WDW trip to start a respectable thread, and by the time we got back home it was time to start working on #82...which is this one!

I'm very happy with how this episode came out, and even happier to announce the first-ever genuine no-money-back-guarantee Facebook Video! I hope to start releasing a series of short videos, not every week, but often. You can view them on The MuppetCast's Facebook Page. I've already gotten some positive response to the first one, so a second one will come along soon.

Speaking of the Facebook video, it kind of ties in with the podcast this week. This episode features a first look (for me, anyway) of the new Fisher Price Elmo Live doll. I ordered one from Amazon what seems like ages ago, and received it in the mail last week, before we left for Florida. On the show, I describe what I see when inspecting him (and on the video you can see this all for yourself), and we play around with him and get him to say stuff and tell us some stories. It's fun, but some people - myself included - think that the doll looks a little creepy. Kids will love him, but the minute I see his head start slowly spinning around in circles he's outta here, lol! :embarrassed:

There's also a great spooky new Muppet List with...our own Vic Romano! Vic (aka Dave) did a tremendous job, and I hope everyone listens and comments on this List, I'm really happy with it. I found one piece of audio too late (The Muppet Show in a minor key), so I'll play that somewhere in next week's show.

The Montage this time consists of music from Finding Nemo: The Musical, from Disney's Animal Kingdom. This was the show we all saw for the official MuppetCast meet at the recent MouseGuest Experience. I think I can speak for everybody when I say the entire experience was fantastic, with time shared with old and new friends. I already plan to be there again next year.

I'm anxious to hear everyone's thoughts on this episode. I hope everyone got enough candy for Halloween!

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
And Count, I read your post in the other thread. That's unfortunate, and I think it might be a server issue on my end. This may be resolved soon, though. Have you tried using iTunes to receive and play the show. I realize this may not be an option for you, but I thought I'd throw it out there as an idea.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Steve. Glad you got back safely. Mentioned I'm having troubles listening to this episode. Hope everything's great over there in O-Hi-O

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
Have you tried just downloading the mp3 and listening to it? I know that's a less-than-ideal solution, but I'm curious if you're able to download the whole file...

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Heh... Bit of ziffling, fun for all. Seems there was some sort of hiccup, it vanished and I was able to listen to the episode now.

The highlight was the Muppet List with Vic. You should check out his Creative Weekly Muppet art thread, lots of good stuff, especially the Muppet Family Gathering where some of us got our avatars from. Ask him to see if any are still available from that masterpiece.

Notes:
1 That AJC article misspoke, the Muppets have been around delighting audiences for 50 years, not 40, starting in 1955/1956 with Jim's appearances on the Junior Good Morning Show.
2 Sesamstraat is actually the Dutch Sesame co-production, the German version is Sesamstrasse.
3 That clip of Don Music at Hooper's Store with David... It's from Episode 2407, I know cause I have that in my video library which I got from Boober_Gorg's vast vaults and would recommend him highly if you need help locating a particular SST episode or clip.
4 Softy? Oscar a softy? The fact he lives in a trashcan is why execs felt he wasn't suitable to be added to the Canadian version of Sesame Street, Sesame Park!
5 Muppet Monster Adventure also gave us the musical number "Kermambo". Not sure if I have it, but I can ask at the MUP3s thread.
6 The song "I Feel Pretty" you mentioned in the Muppet List... The singer actually starts out as a Whatnot girl, voiced I think by Fran Brill. She then starts changing until reaching "monster" form at the very end of the song.

Hope you had a great time at MouseGuest... Are you going back in December for Mousefest? Again, thanks and have a great week.
:scary:

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
I had no idea about the Muppet art thread! That's really cool, I'll have to start checking that.

I've always wondered if someone out there was keeping an archive of Sesame video (besides the obvious online resources). I'll be sure to keep Boober_Gorg in mind :smile:

That's funny about Oscar and Sesame Park. Goes back to what Vic was saying about Sesame puppet design; much of those characters as they initially appeared wouldn't make it past the initial design stages in today's children's TV environment!

I have the Kermambo. Good song. The only thing I dislike about the songs we have from that video game is that they're so long! Realistically they're only 4 minutes or so, but listening to them they seem to just go on forever! I guess that's the desired effect, but wow.

I watched the I Feel Pretty sketch last night and saw that too. I tihnk the character would have to be a Whatnot, having all the parts changed out during the song! Still gotta go make myself a whatnot too.

AnimatedC9000

Reaction score
Oh, wow! Ryan like, rully did a great job on the intro! ... seriously. I was like "OMG IT'S PRAWNIE! ! !" Then I was like "OMG IT'S THE ELECTRIC MAYHEM! ! !" Then I'm like "OMG... they have a resume?" Now I'm like "Who keeps up with it?" .. now I'm like, in a state of happiness right now. Nothing can bring me down... ah-ha-ha...

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Oh, wow! Ryan like, rully did a great job on the intro! ... seriously. I was like "OMG IT'S PRAWNIE! ! !" Then I was like "OMG IT'S THE ELECTRIC MAYHEM! ! !" Then I'm like "OMG... they have a resume?" Now I'm like "Who keeps up with it?" .. now I'm like, in a state of happiness right now. Nothing can bring me down... ah-ha-ha...
*kicks chair out from underneath Cait* :halo: *runs away*

But in all semi-seriousness! Thanks so much, Cait! The compliments mean the world to me! :big_grin: