1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

The Muppets’ Super Bowl: The Best Muppet Commercials of All Time

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by Phillip, Feb 6, 2011.

1. Phillip Administrator

With the Super Bowl happening this Sunday, most people's thoughts turn to football, commercials and the traditional Super Bowl party. More than any other time of the year people will be talking about commercials for the next several days. So let's honor the best Muppet commercials of all time.

Here's the drill. The Muppets have been in hundreds of commercials over the years. Search Youtube (or your favorite video sharing site) and find your favorite Muppet commercial from the 1950's to today. Post your video link and share your thoughts.
  2. BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

I'll get the ball rolling with this 30-year old Polaroid commercial featuring the Muppets.

Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  3. muppetsliveon Member

wheels flutes and crowns.

&playnext=1&list=PL6EF9BDAB641D7597
    Swedish croonchy stars

&feature=related
    Will rogers institute teen stress

&feature=related
    Ideal toys muppets
  4. beaker Well-Known Member

2003 Muppets Mastercard commercial:

When I saw this on a big screen before a movie, I felt the kind of awe from seeing the Muppets on screen I hadn't felt since MTM. The Muppets look brilliant filmed on real world NYC locations.

Of course, I also dig the old 50's-60's Muppet commercials too
    Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  5. Dearth Active Member

One of my favorites...

This particular version was one I spliced back together from two slightly incomplete ones.

Alex
  6. rowlfy662 Active Member

heres the v chip i love pepe in this &feature=related
    just watch out hes in a see through nightie yuck :)
  7. SillyCreature New Member

I'd never seen this one before: &feature=related

Oh, I'm having too much fun watching these :-D
  8. U2Shark New Member

Here's a Polaroid commercial from 1981 I uploaded:

(different from the one posted above)
  9. BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

A Muppet/Pizza Hut ad from the Super Bowl 7 years ago. This takes me back... I think this might have been the Classic Muppets' last appearance before the sale to Disney.

10. Quesal Active Member

These commercials are great! Cool memories brought back and classic Henson humor. LOVE IT!
  11. Gonzo's Hobbit Well-Known Member

I'm gonna try and watch these when I get on a comp that has flash.

I was wondering though. This year there was a commercial about football fans and there was this quick little blurb where Ernie was inviting some snack laden sheep into his house. Anyone know if that clip had a football context?
  12. Mary Louise Active Member

Here's Rowlf advertising a plush toy of himself...

&feature=related
  13. Yorick Active Member

The Mastercard is one of my all time favorites, always...and it was nice to see it again. Great job!

And I never saw the V-Chip one with Kermit and Pepe before...Pepe at his best! LOL to Pepe singing about his nightie!
  14. Erine81981 Active Member

Here are four more Muppet Polaroid commercials even tho the last one is the same one with Piggy's Birthday.

&feature=related
  15. LamangoNumber2 Active Member

Is the new Muppet Movie commercial on Youtube yet?
  16. LoveBeam New Member

Cookie Monster advertising healthy eating. (And the bulldozer in the background coming ever closer.) :insatiable:

17. Phillip Administrator

Oh wow, I haven't seen this in over 20 years. That's great.
  18. Fraggline Active Member

Oh, I love that one! There is also a tender one with Gonzo --- here's the link.

I love the song, and since I love Gonzo, I really like this one!:concern:
  19. Dearth Active Member

Okay, I vaguely recall the Cookie Monster/bulldozer PSA, what a time warp! But I don't think I ever saw those Polaroid commercials, especially not the two with Mariette Hartley.

Awesome stuff.

Alex
  20. heralde Well-Known Member

Oh my gosh, that was the sweetest thing, thanks for sharing!